Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Blocking pipe going to heater core

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2024, 07:46 AM
kelssykinstern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blocking pipe going to heater core

Hi guys. i would like to know is it okay to block the pipe going into the heater core? because theres water sound flowing in the dashboard whenever i high rev. TQ
Old 08-27-2024, 05:04 AM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,112 Likes on 792 Posts

If you can hear water flowing or gurgling, then that likely means there is air in the coolant lines somewhere. It would be best to find out where or how air got introduced into the system to prevent that from happening. If you think there is a leak in the heater core, I would imagine that there would be some fluid in the interior somewhere or the floorboard would be wet.

Are you trying to just bypass the heater core entirely and connect the inlet and outlet hoses?
Old 08-27-2024, 06:18 AM
kelssykinstern

Originally Posted by Heel Til I Die
If you can hear water flowing or gurgling, then that likely means there is air in the coolant lines somewhere. It would be best to find out where or how air got introduced into the system to prevent that from happening. If you think there is a leak in the heater core, I would imagine that there would be some fluid in the interior somewhere or the floorboard would be wet.

Are you trying to just bypass the heater core entirely and connect the inlet and outlet hoses?
If i just block it is it possible? Or at least bypass the heater core by connecting from end to end without going into the heater in the firewall?
Old 09-02-2024, 09:50 PM
Wildman07

Default 2006 Yes

Yes, not easy to get too. Be careful you does damage the heater core if you ever want heat again. Getting a set off band clamp removers will make getting those stupid clamps off. If u only plug or cap 1 side you will create a hot spot in motor, I believe your best bet is bypass core or turn the radio up.
Old 09-03-2024, 06:35 PM
icer5160

Received 461 Likes on 354 Posts

Yes, many people end up bypassing their heater cores when they start to leak. The labor costs of replacing a heater core on most vehicles is very high because the entire dash typically needs to be removed.

In your case, it sounds like you don't have a leak, but rather trapped air. The appropriate fix would be to properly bleed the air out of the coolant system. Bypassing the heater core will make the gurgling noise go away, but it doesn't solve the trapped air problem. Has the car always been like this? Was maintenance on the coolant system recently done? Or did this noise just recently start without any recent changes? I ask all of this because you might have a leak somewhere. Bypassing the heater core won't stop the leak (unless the heater core itself is leaking) and you could risk overheating the engine if left unchecked.

-Icer
Old 09-08-2024, 11:14 PM
GilbertCross

How is everything now?
Spoiler

Last edited by GilbertCross; 09-18-2024 at 03:35 AM.