Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

NEW HF Cats / Stock Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 08:08 AM
lexus33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW HF Cats / Stock Exhaust

Guys what is your take on just adding some R/T CATS or another CAT like Kinetix to the stock exhaust. I am still unsure of my favorite CAT back that I like plus 1000k plus for a good systme is hard to swallow. Also the more I read about the Z's exhaust it seems the real choker are the CATS anyways. The rest is made very well plus has a great sound. So I might wait another 6 months or so to see what comes out and for less $$$. But do you think changing just the shitty stock CATS and leaving the rest of the ramining exhaust is a bad idea.??? Then when I find an exhaust I like later adding that?
Old 02-28-2004, 08:39 AM
EL Diablo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NEW HF Cats / Stock Exhaust

Originally posted by lexus33
Guys what is your take on just adding some R/T CATS or another CAT like Kinetix to the stock exhaust. I am still unsure of my favorite CAT back that I like plus 1000k plus for a good systme is hard to swallow. Also the more I read about the Z's exhaust it seems the real choker are the CATS anyways. The rest is made very well plus has a great sound. So I might wait another 6 months or so to see what comes out and for less $$$. But do you think changing just the shitty stock CATS and leaving the rest of the ramining exhaust is a bad idea.??? Then when I find an exhaust I like later adding that?
There are a few members on here running cats with the stock exhaust. It sounds like a good idea to add the cats now and an exhaust later on until you decide on an exhaust. if thats what your budget is at. The cats will give you gains with the stock exhaust. it's a great mod.

For me once I heard the after market exhausts compared to stock there was no turning back.

according to your sig you got the Cats on your ride