Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Tire Wear Problem???

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 01:53 PM
jkk4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tire Wear Problem???

Guys, I'm brand new to this forum and have a question. I am considering getting the 350Z after having just turned in my 2000 S4 from it's lease. I have been reading over the last year about the front tire problems and the possible fixes, according to Autoweek. Has this been resolved, since I'd really like to get one of these "bad boys". Sounds like it could be as much fun for me as the S4 was, when it wasn't visiting the local dealer for various problems.............Let me know!!

jkk
Old 02-28-2004, 04:32 PM
NzZ

Default Tire Problem

No it has not been resolved. There are tons of 04 owners who have the feathering issue.

That said if the thought of replacing tires frequently is enough to scare you away from this car, it's probably not the right car for you. The way the Z encourages you to drive...hahaha...well let's just say tires prob won't last long either way.

But hey, it's still cheaper than replacing the O2 or MAF sensors off the S4 every year!

NzZ
Old 02-28-2004, 05:21 PM
JeepRage

Default Re: Tire Wear Problem???

Originally posted by jkk4
Guys, I'm brand new to this forum and have a question. I am considering getting the 350Z after having just turned in my 2000 S4 from it's lease. I have been reading over the last year about the front tire problems and the possible fixes, according to Autoweek. Has this been resolved, since I'd really like to get one of these "bad boys". Sounds like it could be as much fun for me as the S4 was, when it wasn't visiting the local dealer for various problems.............Let me know!!

jkk
I did the same thing, sold my 2000 S4 (wasn't a lease) for the Z. My S4 was stage II so it was all around much faster than the Z, and it did have a better quality interior and quieter ride. The Z is more fun, handles better, and is going to be much more reliable (while being a head turner). I blew so many MAFs in the S4, it was ridiculous. I have said it before, even being ON waranty was a PITA. Now if I had the money to buy a new S4 right now, I would, and just trade it in before 50k was up, but thats just not practical or going to happen. I'll own an Audi again, but just not right for now.

The thing I miss the most was AWD, but even FWD would be nice around here in the winter. My only advice is for the snow, either budget snow tires or have a 2nd means of getting to work (train, bus, 2nd car).

Buy the Z, you'll almost completely forget about the S4, and never worry about Turbos warming/cooling again.

Last edited by JeepRage; 02-28-2004 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:19 AM
samw1978

My Z's at 9500km and no tire feathering
just get the Z and enjoy it! you won't regret it
Old 02-29-2004, 07:32 AM
Stilyle

Default Re: Tire Wear Problem???

27,000 km's on mine with the same tires since new. The tires are almost shot largely due to feathering, however I think buying two new fronts after 27,000 km's is reasonable.