2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

D1GP pics of Z's and other pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OH FINE!! Now I know where I stand... you had a picture of every Z at the show but mine and Jasons...
Old 02-29-2004, 07:02 PM
islandsnow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok ok

here's one of jeffs. I always post the Performance cars, so i thought i would leave them out this one. But here's one for the road Actually, to tell you the truth, it was so crowded around these cars it was really hard to take pics here in this area.
Attached Thumbnails D1GP pics of Z's and other pics-p1000164.jpg  
Old 02-29-2004, 07:19 PM
islandsnow

No problem, glad you all liked the pics! It was a lot of fun! Bad cajun sausages but a lot of fun otherwise
Old 02-29-2004, 07:24 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Hey IslandSnow

Thanks for the Pic's - Any comments on the D1 show from your perspective... Is the "Demo Mode of last year" still on?

That those people that have come from Japan Win U.S. D1 according to thier Japan Ranks?

Do you have to have to use Japanese Snow to win?

Last year it was only "imported Cars And Drivers" that won at D1 and Drift Showoff.

Is this like "Ice Skating" like shown on TV?

Inquiring Mind want to Know!

Cheers Amy -
Old 02-29-2004, 07:29 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by islandsnow
No problem, glad you all liked the pics! It was a lot of fun! Bad cajun sausages but a lot of fun otherwise
I second the cajun sausages!

I was going to post some pics of the Z's but it looks like you dotted every i and crossed every t. Good job..nice pics!
Old 02-29-2004, 08:05 PM
shortbusrydaz808

Default killer job bro

awsome pics, looked like a good place to be
Old 02-29-2004, 08:09 PM
islandsnow

Amy, haha that's pretty funny. If last year was pure demo, this year it had some really good competition and i really don't think it was rigged per jp ranking. Actually in 2nd round, Samuel Hubinette in a supra was doing really well. That race everyone was standing watching how close the race was till the hairpin turn samuel spun out and the 2nd run, samuel just touched the wall but it was so close they went a 3rd time and Kurai won. Rhys Millen did well in his pontiac GTO too, but i guess he's a Formula D driver what ever that is. At the end, it came down to Nobuyuki Taniguchi against Yasuyuki Kazama and Kazama won. Nomuken came in 3rd in his awesome skyline. So if you are asking if it's rigged, who knows, but Kazama is from Kei-office which is Keichi Tsuchiya's company isn't it??? hmmm very very interesting.... Nah, but if you watched Kazama run, his S13 was really awesome. All the races were great, even the daihatsu was fun to watch drifting!!! Right now the Japanese probably have a few years on US drivers in the drifting scene at the moment but give us some time and i'm sure we will produce just as good drivers. The thing about Japan is that they don't have all the damn smog rules and the cops don't hassle you (as much) and pull you over because your exhaust is too loud. They race on the touges at night and there isn't really any comparable areas here in the US where you can drive like that without taking out another car or getting a wreckless driving ticket. Plus the top 8 Japanese drivers are like GT professional drivers anyways who can smack a wall and get another car the next day where most of the US drifters were independents who do it for fun. But sounding like a corny d1gp commercial, the winner was the spectators this year, it was really a good show!

Last edited by islandsnow; 02-29-2004 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:25 PM
AmyCroft

Default Yeah I guess you are right

Originally posted by islandsnow
Amy, haha that's pretty funny. If last year was pure demo, this year it had some really good competition and i really don't think it was rigged per jp ranking. Actually in 2nd round, Samuel Hubinette in a supra was doing really well. That race everyone was standing watching how close the race was till the hairpin turn samuel spun out and the 2nd run, samuel just touched the wall but it was so close they went a 3rd time and Kurai won. Rhys Millen did well in his pontiac GTO too, but i guess he's a Formula D driver what ever that is. At the end, it came down to Nobuyuki Taniguchi against Yasuyuki Kazama and Kazama won. Nomuken came in 3rd in his awesome skyline. So if you are asking if it's rigged, who knows, but Kazama is from Kei-office which is Keichi Tsuchiya's company isn't it??? hmmm very very interesting.... Nah, but if you watched Kazama run, his S13 was really awesome. All the races were great, even the daihatsu was fun to watch drifting!!! Right now the Japanese probably have a few years on US drivers in the drifting scene at the moment but give us some time and i'm sure we will produce just as good drivers. The thing about Japan is that they don't have all the damn smog rules and the cops don't hassle you (as much) and pull you over because your exhaust is too loud. They race on the touges at night and there isn't really any comparable areas here in the US where you can drive like that without taking out another car or getting a wreckless driving ticket. Plus the top 8 Japanese drivers are like GT professional drivers anyways who can smack a wall and get another car the next day where most of the US drifters were independents who do it for fun. But sounding like a corny d1gp commercial, the winner was the spectators this year, it was really a good show!
I say you are right about.. It's a fun thing for us and a Income thing for those Japanese Drivers...
They should include our best in their curcuit and take them home with them... Chris is my first choise. I don't know what his wife would say?

Cheers Amy -
Old 02-29-2004, 11:33 PM
Topics II

Default Re: Yeah I guess you are right

The japanese drivers have many more years on the US drivers. I myself have only been "seriously" drifting for 2 years, and toying around with the idea for 2 years before that. I didnt know what it was at that point in time. The japanese drivers have on average 10 years serious drifting experience. and some have been drifting for over 15 years!!! Its almost like, what do you expect... haha. we have alot of catching up to do.

Originally posted by AmyCroft
I say you are right about.. It's a fun thing for us and a Income thing for those Japanese Drivers...
They should include our best in their curcuit and take them home with them... Chris is my first choise. I don't know what his wife would say?

Cheers Amy -
Were you talkin about me Amy? If so, i dont have a wife, im only 21! And hell yes i am ready to go to Japan. ive never been there.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:37 AM
Scrapin 240

well if topic II had only been doing this for 2 years we all could be fooled. he looks like a 10 year pro. The car has changed so much since I saw it last August. Nice Job Chris.

BTW there is another D1 thread around with some nice pics
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....6&pagenumber=1

Last edited by Scrapin 240; 03-01-2004 at 06:42 AM.