Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Chicago pre-orders?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2002 | 07:10 AM
chicago_z

Default Chicago pre-orders?

Anyone from Chicago area pre-order a 350z?

I'm officially obsessed with this car and I'm about ready to bite the bullet and pre-order. I was wondering if anyone from the area has any experiences with the process that they would like to share? Such as...

What dealer did you pre-order with?
What delivery date were you promised?
Any bad experiences?
And for fun... what color, trim etc did you order...

and so on..

As I've said... im obsessed, so any information, tips etc would be most welcome.

thanks in advance,
chicago_Z!!!!
Old 06-04-2002 | 07:18 AM
dvlad

Hey whats up?

1.Gerald Nissan..ordered March 13th
2.August 15th...can't get a true feel for the actual date
3.No bad experiences. Just little BS stuff dealers do.
4. See below.

If your looking for info, do a search. I think we have talked about everything in here.

Good luck with the purchase
Old 06-04-2002 | 07:43 AM
brackethead

Hey chicago_z,

This won't give you specific info about dealers, but you can find out 350Z pre-order stats by state and area code here: http://www.brackethead.com/350zsurvey/results/?show=9

I hope to add a section that lists dealers and maybe allows you to add feedback/comments on your dealer.

Good luck finding a dealer to order your 350Z!
Old 06-04-2002 | 10:27 AM
chicago_z

thanks for the info so far...

I called a few dealers today in Chicago proper. I have a few more in the city and suburbs I want to call before I start to make visits.

One guy i spoke to said that each dealer gets to pre-order 25 and that he had 17 accounted for. I asked when I might expect delivery and he said August.

From reading posts and so on, I got the impression that the cars were coming in batches (August, Sept, and October) and that since I'm somewhat late in the pre-order I might be looking at October.

He said that they would get all the cars at once, so if they came in August I would get it then.

Does that sound likely to any of you?

Needless to say I'd be more than pleased to get my car in August

But I wish I could have it yesterday!

--- what I'm thinking
silverstone / burnt orange / touring / AT / no nav / no aero / mats flaps etc.

the AT vs. MT internal strugle is in full effect. Ashamed to say that I dont drive MT and I dont want to learn on my way out of the lot! My porsche friend and my TT friend both REFUSE to let me learn on their cars. go figure.
Old 06-04-2002 | 10:29 AM
chicago_z

oh and brackethead I checked out your kick *** survey tool the day I started looking at the Z. It almost convinved me to get the Lemans sunset... but I'm not sure i can live with that.
Old 06-04-2002 | 06:26 PM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

Hey Chicago_z,

Where in Chicago are you? I'm out in Mount Prospect.

Here's my data:

What dealer did you pre-order with? Arlington Nissan in Buffalo Grove - ordered on March 1, paid MSRP
What delivery date were you promised? Nothing specific yet, August or September
Any bad experiences? Not really, except it took them longer than it should to pay off my trade
And for fun... what color, trim etc did you order... See signature.

I emailed them the other day just to see if there was any new news and to see what # I was on the preorder list. Nothing new regarding delivery, but I was told I was #2, which kinda shocked me since I thought I had ordered late.

I've also heard good things about Continental Nissan in Lagrange (I think). They are a sponsor of the Windy City Z Club.

Let me know if you need anything else.
Old 06-04-2002 | 11:03 PM
Bruce_with_Z

Hi Neighbors ,

I am in Wheeling.
I ordered mine at Arlington Nissan in Buffalo Grove.
I'll probably get it late 'cause I ordered just two weeks ago(#22 on the list).

Can't wait.
Old 06-04-2002 | 11:19 PM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

Hey Bruce,

We are pretty close to being neighbors. Welcome!

I emailed Arlington Nissan again asked them to clarify because I thought that I couldn't possibly be number 2 having ordered March 1. He said I am #2 for delivery in September. I'm guess this means that they are getting some cars in August and I didn't make that cut. I'm still a little confused and I'm not sure what # I am on the master list. Oh well, I guess there is nothing I can do but wait.
Old 06-05-2002 | 02:43 AM
chicago_z

I live in the city proper in a little neighborhood called 'Smith park' or 'The Patch'. Nice small area sandwiched between some not so nice areas. I'm (un)fortunate enough to be in the very north west corner of the same zip code as the United Center. Does wonder for my insurance rates.

I visited Glendale Nissan today and got a brochure. Very straightforward guys and they basically said that if I pre-ordered now I would probably get the car in October. They have sold 23 of their allotted 25 so I would be #24 or #25.

Someone backed out on a Touring AT pretty much loaded and higher in the list that they offered me but it was RED... I can't do red.

They told me the "manual mode" for the automatics would be like other Nissans where you basically have First, Second, Third, and Drive. I wish it was more like a real shifter w/out the clutch. The AT MT debate continues, but I’d better make up my mind soon.

---
We should get all the Chicago owners together in October and play Demolition Derby
Old 06-05-2002 | 03:12 AM
chicago_z

Originally posted by Bruce_with_Z

I ordered mine at Arlington Nissan in Buffalo Grove.
I'll probably get it late 'cause I ordered just two weeks ago(#22 on the list).
funny the stories you'll be told by salesmen...
I just called Arlington Nissan and they said they have 12 allotted and only one left. They said I would get it in August or early September.
Old 06-05-2002 | 09:00 AM
Bruce_with_Z

Hi Frank,

Ya, see you on the streets in August...I mean September...ah...I mean Oct...

Hi chicago_z,

Ha ha. Yeah, the salesman told me I'll get it in Aug/Sep too. He also said he got 23 and I am 22th. Maybe they told everyone he is the last. I found this forum before I pre-ordered, so I know he is full of it.
Old 06-05-2002 | 06:48 PM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

Hey Bruce,

Yeah, I've pretty much taken everything Arlington Nissan has said with a grain of salt. When I ordered the car, they told me it would be July delivery. Had I not received my confirmation letter from Nissan, I wouldn't have believed that they even ordered the Z. I won't believe anything they say until I'm actually driving it off the lot.

If I get my car first, I come take you for a ride
Old 06-05-2002 | 11:55 PM
Bruce_with_Z

Ha ha, July, first time heard that.

>If I get my car first, I come take you for a ride

That will be nice. I'd really like to actually take a close look at the car before I get my car two months later.
Old 06-06-2002 | 12:16 AM
EnthuZ
Banned

Congrats Bruce,

I ordered 2 days after seeing the Z at the Chicago Auto Show, 2/15/02, from North Shore Nissan @MSRP, #19 of 19. The 4th Enthusiast.

Received confirmation 4/22/02.

Letter states August through October arrival, which is what salesman told me.

Dealer BS? My confirmation included side air bag & splash guards which I didn't order or want. When I called to change, sales manager said ALL Z's ordered had them as a "Package". I told him that I didn't want them, even if free, so he said he would try to take them off the order. He called back the next day, stating that they had been removed from my order. Still waiting for a corrected confirmation. I could live with the bags, but, IMO, the splash guards are useless and ugly!

Just got off the phone with the sales manager, who confirmed the deletion of the un-ordered options, and I put in a request that the front license plate bracket not be installed. He said, no problem, but I will have to sign a waiver.
Old 06-06-2002 | 06:55 AM
chicago_z

i ordered today...

see sig

now I have to forget about it until the last batch comes in. #25 of 25 (or so I was told)

see you guys on the track
Old 06-06-2002 | 05:11 PM
mdouvris

Default Hello Chicago Z Men!

I ordered mine from Gerald in North Aurora. They also have a $100 discount coupon on their web site. We paid msrp so why not get the hunski! They were very cool so call them. In my confirmation letter the delivery time frame is shown as Aug-Oct. They do not expect all of them in August. I hope we can all meet somewhere when we all get our Z's. Chicago_Z...... GET THE MANUAL!! You can learn on my maxima. It will only take you an afternoon. You can pay me in Heinekens!
silverstone/perf kickplates and floor mats
Old 06-07-2002 | 01:50 AM
chicago_z

Default Re: Hello Chicago Z Men!

Originally posted by mdouvris
Chicago_Z...... GET THE MANUAL!! You can learn on my maxima. It will only take you an afternoon. You can pay me in Heinekens!
silverstone/perf kickplates and floor mats
Careful mdouvris I might take you up on that!
I pre-ordered yesterday... Touring - Manual Transmission
Old 06-07-2002 | 05:27 AM
Rogue350z
!!HR TT!!
Premier Member

Originally posted by chicago_z
i ordered today...

Touring 6MT / Lemans Sunset Charcoal Interior / everything but Nav and Aero

Great color choice.. ..should have gotten the Burnt Orange interior though.... . Congrats!!!