UNLOADING THEIR Z's

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 10:39 AM
Z Shadow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question UNLOADING THEIR Z's

I was goofing off on Auto Trader.com and decided to plug in the Z

Normally I look at Supras of varying years

I was absolutly SHOCKED to see how many people are unloading their Z's. I put a search with 200 miles of my house on long island and 8 pages came up. Half the cars didn't even have 5k on them

There were some pretty funny color names as well like Black Cherry for brickyard or orange or even pewter A lot of these ads were coming from nissan dealers too.

Any way i just think it's kinda of weird on how many people are selling their Z's. Do that many people not like the Z or did they over extend them selves or what?

Old 03-14-2004, 11:17 AM
trackstar

This has been discussed to death previously. Impulse buyers who can't live daily with a 2 seats sports car with a "harsh" ride who decide to unload it. Or '03 owners with feathering issues.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:47 AM
zeroday

do a search, this topic has been covered many times before
Old 03-15-2004, 02:44 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Based on what i've seen or heard:

Alot of buyers get this car because it's the "hot thing" at the moment and the price tag makes the car obtainable. The stretch was worth the "wow factor" then they realize it's more sacrifices than they bargained for.

Some folks were shopping for a pratical 30k car and saw the Z as an attractive option. They took it out of passion and impulse and realized it wasn't the practical car that they were originally looking for. People always ponder the "what if" when they're shopping for a car.
For those who've never owned a sports car before, reality sets in once you've owned the car for a few months. It's definitely not a car to own if it's the ONLY car you have access to.

This issues been beat to death but that's what i've come across.