I Hate Kids

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 08:53 PM
ViZion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I Hate Kids

HATE!!!!

I HATE THEM ALL.

so i was out with my bf and a friend. we were all geared up and ready to go on a short ride. walk out to the bikes and i notice a kid hitting golf ***** in the grass. doesn't seem like the best idea, but hey...whatever. he's chipping them towards the woods. whateve..

la de da, i've got my headphones in making sure they're set right before the ride...doing the checks....and all of the sudden my friend is waving his arms yelling at me.

THE STUPID ****ING KID THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A BRIGHT IDEA TO BOUNCE GOLF ***** IN THE PARKING LOT. my car was parked in front of my garage, and the ****er had bounced a ball really hard and the damn thing landed on my hatch.

i'm twitching with anger at this point. i yelled at the little ****
"did you just drop a ****ing GOLF ball on my car?@!?!?!?!?!"
"oh! that was your car?! oh crap."
"yes, ***. go get your dad"
"my dad's in houston"
"WELL THEN GET YOUR MOTHER! I DON'T GIVE A ****, GET ONE OF YOUR PARENTS OUT HERE!"

he takes off and a little bit later his mom came out. she was really cool about it and i was really calm with her. i told her that i would pay to fix it and then send her the bill. she had no problem with it. so i'm really glad it worked out like that, but for the love of sweet god, does it take a rocket scientist to realize that bouncing golf ***** in a parking lot may not be a good idea?

i only had my phone with me so sorry for the crap piccies
Attached Thumbnails I Hate Kids-dent.jpg  
Old 03-15-2004, 08:54 PM
ViZion

Attached Thumbnails I Hate Kids-dent2.jpg  
Old 03-15-2004, 09:00 PM
Jsn350Z

Oh man, that sucks.

Lucky for me I do not have any kids that play in the street in my neighborhood.

However, I'v got a friend with an NSX in GREAT condition. He has to park in his driveway because his parents cars take up all three garage spots. He on the other hand has tons of kids that play baseball AND basketball on his street. All the protection he has is the car cover. Constantly worried, must suck, but so far so good.

Looks like everything will work out fine though. If I were you I would have all the badges removed and holes filled from the "hamburger" badge if it has to be repainted. That is what I will do if my hatch ever needs a repaint.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:01 PM
Jsn350Z

BTW I can not really see in your pics if it is just a dent or if it is scratched?
Old 03-15-2004, 09:04 PM
ViZion

nah, it doesn't need paint. and i'm not out to screw the lady out of her money. her kid is just retarded. now, if she does try to back out of it and change her tone to "i'm not paying at all" and i have to take her to small claims court, i have 2 other witnesses and you bet your *** i'm gonna have her pay for the de-badging.

but i really don't think it will come to that. like i said, she was really cool about things so i'm hoping all goes smoothly. i just want my car dent free again.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:09 PM
Jsn350Z

Well I was no suggesting that you have her pay for the debadge. If you were to go that route you would just pay the 50-70 bucks it costs to fill the two holes. She would still only be paying for the repaint.

But since you don't need a repaint then I guess that idea's out.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:11 PM
ViZion

yeah, i'll try to get better piccies tomorrow. it doesn't look scratched and there's no paint chips. but i'll only be able to tell tomorrow when i take it in to get hte dent removed.

*sigh* what a headache...
Old 03-15-2004, 09:30 PM
ZilvahZ

Yup, I've got a house full of them little crappers where I live..but over the years my son and I terrorized them enuff they don't mess with us or my Z.. These rugrats climb all over their parents cars..yah, climb up onto the roof and jumping up and down..lovely!

Sorry to hear about your car too. These kids just don't know any better. I've always done the best I can to realize what common sense is and somethings are just plain stooopid.

Last edited by ZilvahZ; 03-15-2004 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:36 PM
ViZion

oh, i highly doubt the lil guy will be around my car any more. the kid about **** himself when he found out it was my car. and i'm looking into getting a survalence (sp?) camera for my garage. i can mount a small on out of reach about it and keep an eye on my property. farking kids...
Old 03-15-2004, 09:36 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Good that is was resolved nicely... at first, I thought you were going to tell us that the mom yelled at you for yelling at her kid or something...

At least you're going to get the blemish fixed. Nothing worse than coming back to a damaged car and not knowing who to blame for it
Old 03-15-2004, 09:40 PM
ViZion

Originally posted by yobri
At least you're going to get the blemish fixed. Nothing worse than coming back to a damaged car and not knowing who to blame for it
no kidding! that happened to me the 2nd day i had my car. someone was looking at it and i think they dropped something on it. they put a huge dent in the front fender on the body line (i was parallel parked so it wasn't a door ding) i was pissed.

i was just really lucky to be out there when the kid did it. there's no way he would have 'fessed up if no one saw it, then it would've been out of my pocket. i did get really lucky that the mom was so understanding and willing to help.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:51 AM
Alang

Its hard to tell from your description if this happened in front of your house or the kids house or in a park. Think about this for a sec. His mom sounds preety cool about doing the right thing. Instead of making Mom pay for the kids stupidity, why not let the kid work off the cost of the repair. Let him wash your car everyweeked. Everytime he washes it, knock 10 bucks off the bill. Of course you'll have to supervise the washing so he doesn't get any bright ideas, but how sweet would it be to have a clean car for the whole summer. Plus you get to sit in the shade sipping lemonade while watching this little turd pay for his moronic behavior. He certainly would learn a better lesson, and your revenge would be long lasting.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:04 AM
FairladyZ

I bet money the kid was doing it on purpose.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:33 PM
z053ym

How old was this kid!?
Old 03-16-2004, 01:50 PM

Why are you so hung up on kids? It’s their parents fault to discipline them on what to do and what not to do. I have a 3 year old, and he can ask for heavens music and brag about it, but when I tell him that something is not ours or his he drops it and leaves it right away. BTW fixing ding dongs - in my area there is a company that does it. They have a truck that comes for service. Last time I checked it was like 40$ for a dent in the doors. I would suggest calling ding dont removal company instead of going to the dealership and paying 100+$.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:15 AM
ViZion

yeah, i'm not going to the dealership.

i have a dent repair place that does stellar work. they're charging $65 and the mom's covering it.

i'm just glad the family is taking responsibility. i know the mom is disciplining him, which i think is comendable. the kid screwed up and his mom is not only taking responsability, she's making sure he is too.

the kid was about 12-14.

and my car was parked in front of my garage, not in a park. i thought about making the kid pay it off, but
a) i'd rather it not come out of my pocket,
b) i don't trust anyone to wash my car. especially not some kid. (i'm rather **** retentive about my car)
c) they were going out of town and my car needed to be washed.

but again, i'm just glad the mom is taking responsability and that i was out there with witnesses to catch the kid in the act.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:52 AM
NismoKid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ViZion, my friend's house is in a neighborhood with a bunch of kids always playing some game in the streets involving a ball. I get really nervous when I park my car there because I don't trust them one bit to be cautious when they play. I drove another car there once, which was hit by a ball that caused a little damage ('92 Explorer, so I didn't care).

Alang, would you really let a kid wash your Z, let alone anyone else for that matter? I wouldn't ever let anyone wash my car for me (including a car wash gas station place). Even when my friends have offered to help wash the Z so it would be done faster, I said no without any hesitation.

Originally posted by Alang
Its hard to tell from your description if this happened in front of your house or the kids house or in a park. Think about this for a sec. His mom sounds preety cool about doing the right thing. Instead of making Mom pay for the kids stupidity, why not let the kid work off the cost of the repair. Let him wash your car everyweeked. Everytime he washes it, knock 10 bucks off the bill. Of course you'll have to supervise the washing so he doesn't get any bright ideas, but how sweet would it be to have a clean car for the whole summer. Plus you get to sit in the shade sipping lemonade while watching this little turd pay for his moronic behavior. He certainly would learn a better lesson, and your revenge would be long lasting.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:19 AM
barrybell

Did you get in writing she'd pay it. Remember her husband can just as easily say no. Unless you have a police report of the incident it's your word against theirs. If it goes to court, it would be thrown out. Siding with the kids parents. You need everything these days in writing. Good Luck with receiving payment from them.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:36 AM
z053ym

LIGHTEN UP! I can tell your some bitter girl in your low 20's. You drive a Z not a rare ferrari. Leave the kid alone.. your Z does not make you god.. and 65 dollars.. WOW I guess thats just rediculous?! Im starting to see this evergrowing trend of Z owners who think their "precious" cars are porsches and ferrari's. Just because it looks very exotic doesnt mean its not just another car which is VERY easily repaired and NOT any more expensive then anything else. Stop acting ****.. were supposed to be the fun drivers.. I thought Z owners generally didnt like ****** and their expensive cars acting like their **** dont stink... sounds to me like a few ***** wannabes are floating around these forums. not a good thing
Old 03-17-2004, 11:48 AM
RJW0501

Originally posted by z053ym
LIGHTEN UP! I can tell your some bitter girl in your low 20's. You drive a Z not a rare ferrari. Leave the kid alone.. your Z does not make you god.. and 65 dollars.. WOW I guess thats just rediculous?! Im starting to see this evergrowing trend of Z owners who think their "precious" cars are porsches and ferrari's. Just because it looks very exotic doesnt mean its not just another car which is VERY easily repaired and NOT any more expensive then anything else. Stop acting ****.. were supposed to be the fun drivers.. I thought Z owners generally didnt like ****** and their expensive cars acting like their **** dont stink... sounds to me like a few ***** wannabes are floating around these forums. not a good thing
WOW! You are very angry...

Last edited by RJW0501; 03-17-2004 at 11:52 AM.

Quick Reply: I Hate Kids