Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Worst Nightmare!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 10:48 AM
lexus33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Worst Nightmare!!!!

My GF's doorbell rings at 2:30 am last night and it was her neighbor. I raced down to the door and little freaked out and he said you better come quick. There was an Audi A4 in our driveway next to my Z. The driver was trying to start his car and pull away when I ran up to the window and said what is going on??? Did you hit my car??? He said yes, and continued to try to start his car. This kid was so drunk he couldn't even stand up straight!!!! I calmly told him if he touched the keys again I would literally kill him. I was trying so hard not to knock his punk *** out! I called 911 right away and told him to get down here. This idiot was going so fast down out side street that he hit an SUV that smashed into a Maxima then graized a tree and landed into my damn Z! There was glass and parts all over the road and about 30 neighbors on the street! They all know me and the day I bought the car they all came over to look at it and tell how beautiful it was. So needless to say they knew I was freaking out. The speed limit on our street is 25 and he had to going atleast 50-60. Anyways, the BEST part is the DICK has NO insurance! NOTHING!!!!! He failed his DUI test miserably and was brought to jail on the spot. The head officer sadi he had a bad record or parking and moving violations and fled the scene of an accident before. I am trying to sue him but I have no idea if he owns anything at all. Then the problem is if my ins co fixes my car which has to be atleast 7-10k in damages I am driving a half totaled brand new Z that will never drive the same EVER again and will be worth **** when I go to sell it, I mean no one will ever buy this cra used. I am not sure if my ins co will consider it totaled b/c it is worth so much so I hope I can convince him too see it my way. I have no idea what to do. I hope it all works out. Here are some pics form the masacre that night and first thing in the am. Any ideas of ways to help me let me know. She is not able to drive and I am so damn sad. I was just about to turn 2000 miles on it today and just got my new license plate from the dealer yesterday. I didn't even put it on yet. I haven't even made my first CAR PAYMENT. I am sick!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails My Worst Nightmare!!!!-1.jpg  

Last edited by lexus33; 03-19-2004 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:49 AM
lexus33

Another
Attached Thumbnails My Worst Nightmare!!!!-car2.jpg  
Old 03-19-2004, 10:50 AM
lexus33

another....
Attached Thumbnails My Worst Nightmare!!!!-car3.jpg  
Old 03-19-2004, 10:52 AM
lexus33

The murder the morning after....
Attached Thumbnails My Worst Nightmare!!!!-car4.jpg  
Old 03-19-2004, 10:53 AM
MrLoutish

Ooooohhhhh no!

Terrible, I'm sorry to hear it. Glad all the people are OK. What a dumbass thing to do (the drunk driver of course).

Best of luck.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:54 AM
lexus33

another
Attached Thumbnails My Worst Nightmare!!!!-car5.jpg  
Old 03-19-2004, 10:55 AM
lexus33

Last one...
Attached Thumbnails My Worst Nightmare!!!!-car6.jpg  
Old 03-19-2004, 10:56 AM
BFG10

Dude, that is just horrible! My condolences. Your insurance policy undoubtedly has coverage for uninsured motorists. Hopefully the damage is bad enough so that the car is declared totaled or not bad enough so that it can be fixed without any signs that it had ever been hit. Good luck either way and let us know what happens.

P.S. did the kid get arrested or what?
Old 03-19-2004, 10:58 AM
jimster716

Punk had an A4 but doesn't have insurance?!!!

I would've taken a baseball bat to his skull and told the cops temporary insanity.

No choice but to sue...I'm assuming unless he files for bankruptcy that maybe the court can garnish his wages if he has any. What a POS loser.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:00 AM
MikeW

Do our Z's have a bulls eye on them that we don't see? What is it with all these people attacking our cars? What happened to your Z is a shame. Hope they lock that kid up and throw away the key. Good luck.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:03 AM
meeno

that doesnt look like 10K in damages...doesnt look like the frame is bent...but u can never tell

anyway i hope all goes well with you and you sue that *** for all hes worth
Old 03-19-2004, 11:05 AM
NismoKid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG! It didn't look that bad to me until I saw those last pictures! I hate ****ers like that who don't have car insurance. My friend's car was hit by an Accord who didn't have insurance. The car that hit him didn't have the parking brake up and rolled down and nearly hit my car, too. My friend paid out of pocket, but was trying to consider suing the guy who's from Tennessee (we're in Florida, so it didn't quite work out).

Man, if he doesn't pay for it, you should really track him down and beat the **** out of him. If I ever find the sick **** that keyed my Z two weeks ago, I'm going to kick his head as many times until I can't kick anymore!!!!!!! F THE NON Z-WORLD!!!!
Old 03-19-2004, 11:08 AM
robcassell

I don't think it is totalled, but dont' insurance companies offer unisured motorist damage?
Old 03-19-2004, 11:09 AM
NismoKid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One more thing, my Z was swipped by a Civic less than a month after I had my Z, too. It was just paint scrapped on the rear bumper with no dents, but I was pissed!!! I can't even begin to imagine what I would've done to that kid if I was you. At least you were man enough to control youself in that situation.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:18 AM
erock

damn, man that sux....... How old is this kid?

Milk that mf'r for all he's got
Old 03-19-2004, 11:30 AM
Phatmitzu

OH NO!! At least he got what he deserve, jail time. Dont worry man, everythings gonna be fine. Your car will be fine. Just hope your insurance will take care of you.

NismoKid, the same thing happened to me 3 weeks after I got my car. Only different is, I donno who hit it, and its got a dent! Thread here... https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=62817
Old 03-19-2004, 11:32 AM
lexus33

Guys here is the problem...yes Florida has no-fault coverage and your right it is probably not totaled. But did you see his CAR!!!! He hit me damn hard to total a 2003 Audi A4. That is not a cheaply made car. His car was done for and wouldn't even start!There has to be some frame or internal things that got rattled around that will never be the same.

So say my Ins co fixes my car for 7k. I have a WORTHLESS half totaled car with no value at all. When I go to sell or trade that car in when the time comes it will be worth NOTHING. No one will ever buy a car that was in a major accident like that....

That is my dilemma.

Believe me, I held everything back I could not to kill this **** head. For some reason I remained calm...
Old 03-19-2004, 11:33 AM
EL Diablo

Sorry Bro, I feel your pain. Hopefully it will come back as good as new.

Unfortunately now you can offically post here.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=65800

My Advice is Stay on top of the shop. Doesnt matter how great they are. Be that **** customer who expects nothing short of
the best!
Old 03-19-2004, 11:33 AM
MRfire

Man, talk about wrong place at the wrong time! What are the chances?? Wow, seriously bogus man - feel for ya. Hope it all works out and they total it.

btw: if they do, how much for the rims
Old 03-19-2004, 11:36 AM
robcassell

Well, it looked like to me it isn't over 25% of the body that is damaged. When you have to sell your car, it would show up if more than 25% was damaged. I think you will be fine to sell it when you do. Best thing is to keep harassing your insurance company to find out exactly what is going on at all times so you don't stay out of the loop.

Quick Reply: My Worst Nightmare!!!!