Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 02:01 PM
sarcasm82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering

Hey Guys, long time to talk with you folks. Im back and happier than ever. JUST today, I put in my deposit for my 350Z. Got the Le Mans Sunset Enthusiast with Aerodynmics package, floor mats and kickplates. Went to every dealer in the 3 counties around us, and the last place they sold it to me at MSRP rate. Others wanted 3,000 to 6,000 dollars over the MSRP rate. They are crazy!!!! Lady was very nice to me and I am so excited. Delivery time on my car is approx in Januarary. AHHHHHHHHHHH

Love the pictures everyone sent in of their cars. Hopefully in a couple months i'll be able to post my pictures of me getting my new Z!!! Well, gotta go! Bye! And enjoy your Z's out there. Lets see who gets the first SPEEDING TICKET!

Magalie

Enthusiast Lemans Sunset 6MT, Kickplates, Floor Mats and Aerodynamic Package
Old 09-25-2002, 02:38 PM
WayneTN

This is probably a legit order. I've experienced basically the same deal. Call all dealers around you, find one that will order for MSRP. Maybe even find one that will give you the options at Invoice - not MSRP - and save a few 100 there. Then, based on their allotment and planning for your car to be designed into that supply, you get the car a few months later. Dealers have been doing that for years.

The dealer should have faxed or mailed your order to NNA already. Now, it's my understanding that NNA will not process the order until the time period Sept. 1 - 8. A few weeks after that you should get an Order #. You can then verify that everything is in order (no pun intended). Then just wait on the car.

You can discuss this process more with the dealer to make sure they sent NNA your order. Hopefully you're in line to start the new year off right.

Hope this helps. If anyone knows more about the process, or if I've stated something incorrectly, please post a reply to help us out.

Thanks,
Wayne
Ordered Sept. 13 (Friday the 13th!)
Old 09-25-2002, 04:57 PM
bayarea-sunset

Vq there are still custom orders, just very few per dealer.Each dealer gets a certain allocation of cars per month to order.For example I decided to switch colors and packages after the first preorders had ended since they couldnt switch my order I had to wait till sept for there next allocation .My order was placed early Sept as soon as they got the ok.I got my tracking # a few days ago it starts with a V so I called 1800nissan1 gave them tracking # and asked if they could give me an ETA( to see if dealer was lieing about Dec. arrival).Today I got call back late november early Dec deliver and I should have Vin end of Oct.Heres the problem most dealer have a line of deposits for instance there are 12 people behind me probably the last people in line wont have there car ordered till Dec and be waiting into next year.Hope this helps dispell some confusion.I think some dealers will use there allocation to order in stock than mark it up and some honest ones will still accept order.But if you have a deposit and no tracking # your probably being scammed.

Last edited by bayarea-sunset; 09-25-2002 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-25-2002, 07:27 PM
sarcasm82

Default Ordering

Yeah, its legit. She said she will be put mine in the next order which will be at the end of the year. She said that the reason I got MSRP was Nissan said to the dealership, if you charge MSRP and dont over sticker, we'll give you more cars to sell. And this place is HUGE!! Its like going into Disney. They have red section and blue section and have directions to guest parking and service center and all sorts of stuff. The place is HOOKED UP! But is legit. She said it will arrive in Jan. Every dealer I went to EXCEPT one did preorders since they didn't expect to get cars delivered to them until the beginning of the year. Until then, it's only people that preordered their cars back @ the beginning of the year, and if someone backs out of their deal, then they sell that on the lot. One got sold the same day the person rejected the car. All I know, she said I should be getting a notice in the mail from Nissan that it was sent in and then later on they will send me the VIN number. She even gave me this webpage to check out. She said you should try out, www.my350z.com and they show you how the car is made and stuff. This webpage is pretty popular! Go TAKO!

Magalie
Old 09-25-2002, 08:43 PM
bayarea-sunset

VQ I think that dealers in your area have decided to order in there allocation and sell to the highest bidder.Its unfortunate but its supply and demand I guess.