2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nucking Futs! $700/month insurance

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 01:08 PM
jovasi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$49/month for me w/ full coverage. I'm also 30 & married w/ my homeowners insurance through the same carrier. Total for all of my vehicles (00 Saturn SL1, 99 Ford Ranger & 03 Z) is $142/month. All through Liberty Mutual.
Old 04-03-2004, 07:47 PM
rwc350z

Got $699/6mos from American Express through Costco for my Z and my Sentra. Get an online quote. Travelers was the next lowest in my online quotes.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:05 PM
ZilvahZ

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
Oh yeah my quote was for full coverage.
Ooops, sorry I mis-read this... $700 per month? Are you kidding?
Old 04-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Psyc0

Mine is 4200 a year, 17 w/ AAA I'm under my mom's name who has a SHITTY driving record... she bought me the car so it couldn't go under my dad's name which would have been closer to 2900 a year... so now i hafta pay 500 a year more to my mom.... i want to b 18 so i can put it under my own damn name and go on my dad's insurance
Old 04-03-2004, 10:50 PM
alphared

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bad news is that you're young and being insured for a sports car (this is quoted for the Z right?)

The good news is that I just save a lot of money on car insurance with Geico (lol, sorry couldn't resist)

Isn't the Z your dad's? Why don't he just add you as a secondary driver on his insurance. This way it's waaaaay less. Understandable if he's don't want to, but there's isn't any other way to get lower insurance at your age.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:13 AM
ViZion

well i don't feel like such a freak now.

i'm sooooooo pissed at farmer's. we have been with them for over 10 years.

when i went to buy my z in october, the first thing i did (well...after the test drive) was call my ins (farmer's) and ask how much the z would be. i was told $117/month. i thought this was stellar seeing as how my 03 accord 4dr/4cyl was $110/month.

so hell yeah, i get the z. paying $117/month.

now, 6 months later when our policy is up for renewal...

they're telling me "oh, we don't insure anyone under 30 on a high performance sports car"

WTF?!?!? THEN WHY DID YOU PUT ME ON THE POLICY IN THE FIRST PLACE???? (i'm 21)

farmers: oh, but we can send you to our high risk department...FOR $717/MONTH.

so now, i'm farked. i have to find insurance on my car. take a wild guess what geico wants: $1005/month

i found another farmer's agent that will do $420/month which is much better, but still a rediculous amount.

mikew, if you find anything please let me know. i don't want to part with my baby...but i'm not willing to pay out the *** for ins.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:17 AM
ViZion

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
Does anyone how I can check my driving record?
go to dps, and request it. it's $10. you need to have your dl with you.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:41 AM
guru_ck

State Farm has always been good to me. I'm only 19 but am under my Dads policy. I'm paying $240 per month with high *** $1,000 deductibles. I had to do something to keep the cost down.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:53 AM
mode101

Originally posted by ViZion
well i don't feel like such a freak now.

i'm sooooooo pissed at farmer's. we have been with them for over 10 years.

when i went to buy my z in october, the first thing i did (well...after the test drive) was call my ins (farmer's) and ask how much the z would be. i was told $117/month. i thought this was stellar seeing as how my 03 accord 4dr/4cyl was $110/month.

so hell yeah, i get the z. paying $117/month.

now, 6 months later when our policy is up for renewal...

they're telling me "oh, we don't insure anyone under 30 on a high performance sports car"

WTF?!?!? THEN WHY DID YOU PUT ME ON THE POLICY IN THE FIRST PLACE???? (i'm 21)

farmers: oh, but we can send you to our high risk department...FOR $717/MONTH.

so now, i'm farked. i have to find insurance on my car. take a wild guess what geico wants: $1005/month

i found another farmer's agent that will do $420/month which is much better, but still a rediculous amount.

mikew, if you find anything please let me know. i don't want to part with my baby...but i'm not willing to pay out the *** for ins.
put the car in one of your parents names
Old 04-04-2004, 02:11 PM
ViZion

can't.

my parents ins. will not renew their policy unless they prove that i have gotten other insurance and sign a promisary note saying that i will not drive their vehicles.

so if i put the car in my parents name, i can't drive it. that doesn't really help my situation.
Old 04-04-2004, 04:07 PM
Heat

ViZion

Damn man, how f'ckd up is your driving record??
Old 04-04-2004, 09:17 PM
ViZion

a few tickets. farmer's can bite my ***.

and i'm a chick

it sucks to be young with a less than stellar driving record. *shrugs* i'll keep searching.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:26 PM
Top_Gun

One name: Wawanesa Insurance. If you're over 18 and have a good record, prepare to hit yourself in the head for not finding it earlier. Find it online, fill in the info, you'll find out by mail in a few days whether or not you're approved. If you are, select your coverage/payment plan, and return by mail. It's really easy. They have one of the best ratings in North America for insurance. They don't advertise. Only word of mouth. We (my wife and I) went from $4200/yr down to $1900/yr. (Bullitt Mustang, Audi TT roadster, and 1 ticket). Good savings - wish we had found out about it earlier.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:37 PM
guru_ck

Originally posted by Top_Gun
One name: Wawanesa Insurance. If you're over 18 and have a good record, prepare to hit yourself in the head for not finding it earlier. Find it online, fill in the info, you'll find out by mail in a few days whether or not you're approved. If you are, select your coverage/payment plan, and return by mail. It's really easy. They have one of the best ratings in North America for insurance. They don't advertise. Only word of mouth. We (my wife and I) went from $4200/yr down to $1900/yr. (Bullitt Mustang, Audi TT roadster, and 1 ticket). Good savings - wish we had found out about it earlier.
Looks like they only offer it in California & Oregon.
http://www.wawanesageneral.com
Have you been in any wrecks? I'd like to feel that the insurance company would be there for me if I needed them.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:52 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by Top_Gun
I've heard about this company before, but there aren't too many other people that have heard about it though. From what I hear, it's a great company (in terms of value), but I still have yet to hear how they are when a client needs to make a claim.

Think I'm still going to get my quote though.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:52 AM
kevp

pardon my ignorace, but, what happens when you insure your car as a secondary or 'pleasure' vehicle (defined as 5000 or less miles/year), and then drive it as a primary? Or put 7000 miles on it? What if you had the car for less than a year, and then total it with 7k on the odometer?
Old 04-05-2004, 07:10 AM
z053ym

You kids should ask your parents. They may have an umbrella policy.. if so, there are certain regulations they must follow. Under an umbrella they have to have a certain amount of coverage on every car. This could be keeping your rates very high. There is a lot of different aspects with insurance. Companies like Wawanesa may throw cheap rates at you.. but i PROMISE you.. the less you pay, the less service youll get. If you find a really cheap deal.. make sure you drive to perfection and dont have to make a claim..
Old 04-05-2004, 10:07 AM
cedusett

I remember it, but I just want to reverify for assurance.
When I got my Z, I went with geico for about 350 a month. I asked the service lady to check my driving record anyway to make sure I didn't forget anything so I woudln't end up paying more than I thought. She came back on the line and said something about only finding 1 accident and 1 ticket.

Since I had used all 4 tickets and 3 accidents to get my quote, it was way higher than it would have been if they had just checked it themselves.

You might want to call them up, and have them do the quote for you. Don't tell them anything, and see what they come back with. It may be much less than 700/month.

For me, the fact that they didnt' FIND the same amount of crap didn't help, and they gave me the same quote I got from the website. After switching to progressive after 6 months, I'm now paying about 100/month less.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:52 PM
MRfire

OMFG !! $400 - 1005 per mo. for insurance!!!

That is freaking crazy. Finally a reason for me to appreciate my ripe age of 32
Old 04-05-2004, 02:15 PM
mschuyler

Default Wow!

I just got a quote for $650 per year from Pemco (www.pemco.com) as a secondary car.

Quick Reply: Nucking Futs! $700/month insurance