Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Is the aero package worth it on new Z?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 03:33 AM
mrl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the aero package worth it on new Z?

I am interested in an 04 350Z Touring 6-speed (in spite of the posts about problems - oh well I must be a masochist). Is the aero package worth it? Just what does the front chin aero deflector look like? All the pictures I have seen of the Z look the same from the front.
Old 04-03-2004, 01:31 PM
peterhong

I have the Aero package and NO you cant really see the front chin aero deflector. It hangs about 1/4 inch below the stock lip. Even though you cannot see it, it has taken plenty of damage from me from bottoming out and saved my lip from any damage. I would rather have the damage on the grey plastic piece instead of my PPW lip. As far as the rear spoiler goes, that is clearly visible and a matter of personal preference. If you like the look of the OEM spoiler, then by all means get the Aero Package cause you dont wanna hassle with installing one after you have gotten your car. Overall, I am very satisfied with the Aero package cause I like the look of the spoiler and I like the Front Aero Deflector.

Also, the front aero deflector is technically there for zero lift/gravity on the car or something like that. If you wanna see what it looks like, you cant tell by pictures. Just goto a dealership and run your hand under the front lip and you will see what I'm talking about. Hope this helps.
Old 04-03-2004, 01:43 PM
fuzion

^ what he said. id like to add that the plastic 'lip' has also saved my db lip soo many times. glad its there.

if you arent planning on upgrading and like the spoiler, go for it. but if you are planning on an aftermarket spoiler or front lip, id say cut down the cost and skip it.
Old 04-03-2004, 04:02 PM
DiRN

Basically it all boils down to whether or not you like the spoiler. If you do, get the aero package. If you don't like it, don't get it.