Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

keeping your Z forever or are you going to Sell it one day?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 08:12 AM
marhot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forever

I plan on keeping her as long as possible.

I’d love to still have her 25 years from now; mint condition, with less than 100,000 miles. Of course, that will be very hard. But currently, after 9 months, she only has 3,888 miles. I’ve set that as a goal since day one. She has always been in a temperature controlled garage and never driven in rain or snow. (Since July 3, 2003 I’ve been caught in the rain only twice.)

It can be done. I bought a relative’s ’67 Mustang 3 years ago. It only had 34,000 miles on it, always garaged. It was so mint it was like driving in a time warp. Every time I drove it I felt like I as in 1967. That is my goal for this car.
Old 04-04-2004, 08:45 AM
Pusha Z
Banned

I plan on keeping my Z for a very long time. I will probably keep it and buy a Skyline when they are available because although I do like the Skylines handling and performance, I love the 350z and in my opinion it looks a lot better than the Skyline
Old 04-04-2004, 09:21 AM
bixby

Nope. It's a permanent addition to my collection.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:13 AM
all_bark

i will be keeping for 7-10 years like all my cars.
last one was a 94 Z that i sold for this one!

If i was only going to keep this a few years (or if I was leasing)there would have been no way i would have spent all that extra $$$$ on mods. To me that would just be a HUGE waste of money. (and i do mean HUGE )

maybe years down the road a Z will come out that will put down 450 rwhp. If that was the case i would consider selling......

Last edited by all_bark; 04-04-2004 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:43 AM
cwerdna

Default not sure

Not sure how long I'll keep it. Unless I have some major repeated probs with it or get into a wreck, I'll definitely keep it as long as I'm still single.

Once I get married (hopefully will happen), then I'll re-evaluate. At that point, there's no more need to get chicks and I could use a more practical car w/a softer suspsension and that's quieter. If only my Maxima handled as well the Z and got such positive attention... :|
Old 04-04-2004, 02:29 PM
srmd22

Default Re: not sure

Originally posted by cwerdna
Not sure how long I'll keep it. Unless I have some major repeated probs with it or get into a wreck, I'll definitely keep it as long as I'm still single.

Once I get married (hopefully will happen), then I'll re-evaluate. At that point, there's no more need to get chicks and I could use a more practical car w/a softer suspsension and that's quieter. If only my Maxima handled as well the Z and got such positive attention... :|
Err, just a minute there cowboy....First of all, the purpose of getting chicks is not to get married. Just look at all the married guys that still go out and get chicks! Or the single guys that get chicks (like myself- eh, occasionally anyway) that don't get married. The other thing is, does a Z really get you chicks? I bet, if you can get a date with the Z, you can also get one without the Z. I mean, did you never "get a chick" until you bought the Z? Also, just one more thing: why would you want a car w/ a softer suspension that's quieter? Yech.

Anyway, just felt I had to address a few issues there, but I feel better now. I know your not gonna listen to me anyway; you'll probably get married, sell your Z, get a nice Jag Vanden Platt, or whatever it's called, and live happily ever after. That's ok too.
Old 04-04-2004, 02:39 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I plan on keeping it for a long time but, every modification that I make I keep in mind that I may want/need to return it to stock. Nothing irreversible goes on or into it
Old 04-04-2004, 06:53 PM
cwerdna

Talking Re: Re: not sure

Originally posted by srmd22
Err, just a minute there cowboy....First of all, the purpose of getting chicks is not to get married. Just look at all the married guys that still go out and get chicks! Or the single guys that get chicks (like myself- eh, occasionally anyway) that don't get married. The other thing is, does a Z really get you chicks? I bet, if you can get a date with the Z, you can also get one without the Z. I mean, did you never "get a chick" until you bought the Z? Also, just one more thing: why would you want a car w/ a softer suspension that's quieter? Yech.

Anyway, just felt I had to address a few issues there, but I feel better now. I know your not gonna listen to me anyway; you'll probably get married, sell your Z, get a nice Jag Vanden Platt, or whatever it's called, and live happily ever after. That's ok too.
Hahahaha! Well, I like to be a faithful guy, so if I'm married or together w/someone, no getting chicks for me. As for the other part... err. no comment It's just that my Maxima isn't much of an attention getter nor were my previous cars (don't laugh): a 91 Camry V6, a 93 Dodge Caravan and an 86 Olds Cutlass Ciera.

As for quieter and softer car, well. I'm quite torn about whether I should sell my Max. Both cars are enjoyable to drive but in a diff way. Besides the great exhaust note and positive attention bit, the handling and braking of the Z are incredible. But the ride is so harsh. The Max on the same roads is SOOO smooth in comparison. The Max has a totally different feel and less tiring on the straights and bumpy roads. It's a different kind of pleasure to drive. Also, despite the Z being faster and more powerful, the Max has the illusion of being more powerful since you hear so little engine noise in comparison even when accelerating hard. But back to handling, it sucks big time compared to my Z, it's like night and day.

Nono, I'm not into Jags.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:26 PM
y_b_lamron

As of right now I would say I will keep the Z forever. Things change but I can't imagine NOT having it though.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:30 PM
NISMO_GUY2003

Pretty much plan on keeping it for a good long while-- until I can afford something more expensive and more fun. Thought about handing it down to my nephew when he's able to drive in 6 years (he's 10 now) so he could have a cool car in high school but my brother-in-law says no way--- with the mods I'm putting into the car, he thinks the car is too fast for inexperienced drivers.

Too bad, because the car will be mint since it's not a daily driver...
Old 04-05-2004, 04:44 AM
Sly_Z

I'll keep mine until they come out with all wheel drive twin turbo.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:50 AM
TruBluZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm keeping her forever! If something else comes along, she will have a playmate!
Old 04-05-2004, 05:24 AM
Sliguy

Nothing is forever, and everything is for sale

I am in lust for this car however I will sell it, and get either a new one, or something else. Who knows.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:16 AM
Wil350lieZ

I will probably keep this car for as long as i live.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:32 AM
DiRN

Originally posted by Pusha Z
I plan on keeping my Z for a very long time. I will probably keep it and buy a Skyline when they are available because although I do like the Skylines handling and performance, I love the 350z and in my opinion it looks a lot better than the Skyline
The Skyline is available here. And if you mean the GT-R, let's pray they don't actually look like the concept.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:16 PM
NismoEagleRock

Received 14 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by DiRN
Based on your list of "Goodies I have on my car," you won't ever be able to say that.

actually, all the mods i chose were ones that could easily be reversed, and put back into stock condition. i put ALL the stuff on myself, and i saved all the oem stuff that i took off. it's only a matter of un-bolting, re-bolting, un-sticking and re-sticking in order to get it back to oem.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:20 PM
phreezee

Originally posted by Sliguy
Truer words have never been spoken It also works as a social commentary.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:25 PM
bixby

Originally posted by Sliguy

I am in lust for this car however I will sell it, and get either a new one, or something else. Who knows.
FS: 3 Fairlady's. Pacage deal. They can not be seperated since they have lived together for some time now & would miss each other terribly. ..............65k firm!!!

j/k of course.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:58 PM
Jason Bourne

Right now I could see myself holding onto the Z for a while because I really enjoy it but realistically, I know I'll only keep it for 2-3 years.

With about 20-30 track days a year and living in pothole infested manhattan, I can already feel the structure losing its stiffness. A few more years and the car will feel soft, having lost chassis rigidity and needing a full overhaul of bushings, supension and probably many other things. Instead of investing thousands in doing that and getting the chassis seam-welded, I'll probably just sell it for something else. Or maybe I'll gut it, go ahead with the seam-welding, change out the suspension and go to full urethane bushings. It would make a nice track-only car. But then I'll need a trailer...
Old 04-05-2004, 04:08 PM
samw1978

I planned to have it for a very long time... but who knows? I may trade it in for the new GT-R or a new Z...but I LOVE my Z soooo much~~~

Quick Reply: keeping your Z forever or are you going to Sell it one day?