2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Austin meet-n-greet (see Derek's car)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2002, 09:49 AM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glen,

No one that I know of has gotten the kit. We have been discussing a group install. I am still a little hesitant. But I do know I like the idea of the kit. I still am waiting for someone to provide pictures of a kit that has been installed for many years. That is what I am worried about. I know that most of the companies offer lifetime warranties, but what if they aren't around for the lifetime of my car

Feel free to come down to the Cap Z meeting, even if you haven't gotten your car just yet.

I am really interested to see what your car looks like. I'm not sure about the wood grain kit, but if you like it that's all that matters. What part are you referring to? I don't think there is a lot of pieces that could be re-covered with wood.

JD
Old 09-29-2002, 10:19 AM
gmoneyr1
Charter Member #47

Originally posted by articfury
What part are you referring to? I don't think there is a lot of pieces that could be re-covered with wood.

JD
You're probably right. I was taking a look at the new Lexus SC430 (with the wood grain) and it sure did look nice. I'm not sure how or if it would look as nice in a Z. You must understand that since I don't actually 'have' my car the only thing that I really do with my time is 'dream' of my car and ways to improve it.

I'd love to check out your next meeting. When are where? I'll have to ride my motor cycle (YZF R1) so as not to be the only one without a high performance means of transportation...

gmoneyr1

p.s. I do own a Lexus SC400 but I don't really care to park it next to the greatness that is..... 350Z.
Old 09-29-2002, 10:35 AM
gmoneyr1
Charter Member #47

Originally posted by gmoneyr1

I'd love to check out your next meeting. When are where? I'll have to ride my motor cycle (YZF R1) so as not to be the only one without a high performance means of transportation...

gmoneyr1

p.s. I do own a Lexus SC400 but I don't really care to park it next to the greatness that is..... 350Z.
If my Z doesn't show up this week (Oct. 2nd due date) I'll be riding this...

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....&threadid=5082

Hope I'll still be allowed to hang with the big boys (350Z'ers). I'm sure you guys will let me play with ya...lol
Old 09-29-2002, 08:07 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

http://www.capitalzoftexas.com/

Here's the website for Capital Z of Texas. The next meet is their monthly meet tomorrow at Amaya's Taco Village. It's listed on the site under Monthly Club Meetings.

Hope to see you there!

Oh, and the R1 is very welcome. I should think all of us are willing to admit that it would run away quickly from all of us.

JD
Old 09-30-2002, 04:33 AM
gmoneyr1
Charter Member #47

Default Monday's are hard...

Hey JD,

I really want to come to one of the meets but Mondays are hard for me. I usually work until 7:30 p.m. or so. Are the meeting always on Mondays? I love Myas.... That place rocks.

How long to you guys usually stay out there? I'm sure I'll have to bite the bullet and come to one of the meets if they only happen on Mondays. However, tonight I can't make it...

Eat a nice taco for me.....

G
Old 09-30-2002, 05:29 AM
jeffrey

As soon as I get my Z, I'd love to attend some of these local shindigs.

If that's ok and everything.
Old 09-30-2002, 05:51 AM
gmoneyr1
Charter Member #47

Originally posted by jeffrey
As soon as I get my Z, I'd love to attend some of these local shindigs.

If that's ok and everything.
I'm sure the guys would love to have ya come on out. My Z should arrive this week (Wed.) and I'll be in attendance at one of the meets soon there after. Look forward to meeting everyone.

G
Old 09-30-2002, 05:52 AM
Chris S

Hey Jeffrey,

NICE avatar! Do you have one?
Old 09-30-2002, 05:53 AM
jeffrey

I still have a ways to go before mine arrives. They said sometime around Xmas or after the first of the year.

It'll happen soon enough though.
Old 09-30-2002, 05:56 AM
jeffrey

Originally posted by Chris S
Hey Jeffrey,

NICE avatar! Do you have one?
Yessir!

I've had it for about 17 months now. Wonderful bike. I haven't done a ton to it. Just a full Moriwaki exhaust, PCIIIr and BMC filters (along with a few mods; flapper, etc).

I had it and a GSXR750 for a while, but ended up selling the Suzuki because I never rode it anymore.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:47 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Default Re: Monday's are hard...

Hey JD,

How long to you guys usually stay out there? I'm sure I'll have to bite the bullet and come to one of the meets if they only happen on Mondays. However, tonight I can't make it...

Eat a nice taco for me.....

G
Chris, Derek and I left about 9:30 pm tonight. Several others still there when we left.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:09 PM
Old Skooler

I'll be trying to hit those as soon as I get mine...and I'll be in Austin this weekend, actually. Anything going on 350Z-wise?
Old 10-01-2002, 07:16 AM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Matt,

I responded partly in the XPel thread but didn't know you were going to be in Austin this weekend. If you are there late enough Sunday (I don't know what time yet) I should have the XPel on the Z for you to look at. I am going to visit the parents through Tuesday.
Old 10-01-2002, 09:33 AM
gmoneyr1
Charter Member #47

Originally posted by Goober
Matt,

I responded partly in the XPel thread but didn't know you were going to be in Austin this weekend. If you are there late enough Sunday (I don't know what time yet) I should have the XPel on the Z for you to look at. I am going to visit the parents through Tuesday.
I'd love to take a look at it as well. I'll be working on Sunday but my schedule is very flexable. Just let me know where you'll be and I'll come take a look at it.... I sure hope my Z comes in on Wed. That way you'll get to see my PPW/Touring/aero pkg....
Old 10-01-2002, 11:34 PM
Goober
Charter Member #57

I'd love to take a look at it as well. I'll be working on Sunday but my schedule is very flexable. Just let me know where you'll be and I'll come take a look at it.... I sure hope my Z comes in on Wed. That way you'll get to see my PPW/Touring/aero pkg....
That would be great to see as it is another I haven't seen down here south of the border !

There seems to be a few of us that will have the XPel on. I think we are trying to get a meeting going but either way I will find a way to hook up between Sunday and Tuesday so you can see the results.
Old 10-02-2002, 05:21 AM
Rocket2023

I missed Monday - BUMMER

Had to do the traveling thing. Any other informal get togethers? Someone let me know!
Old 10-02-2002, 05:53 AM
Old Skooler

Sunday's perfect, and I can be in Austin fairly late if necessary....all I need is the time and place.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:28 AM
Goober
Charter Member #57

One of us XPel guys will post a time and place. If it all breaks down I will PM you with a place to meet and let you drive it around a little.
Old 10-02-2002, 11:34 AM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Originally posted by Old Skooler
Sunday's perfect, and I can be in Austin fairly late if necessary....all I need is the time and place.
Matt,

Did you just change your screen name?

I suggest that you and Craig pick the time on Sunday convenient to both of you for the meet, since both of you are the out of towner. For the place, I suggest parking lot in front of Dave & Buster (intersection of Mopac and 183) per Glen's suggestion earlier in this thread.
Old 10-02-2002, 01:21 PM
Rocket2023

Sounds cool! All the 'Z's 240/280/300 whatnot should show up!

How about 6:00 PM Sunday, hell, or even Friday or Sat?

D&B Parking lot!

Quick Reply: Austin meet-n-greet (see Derek's car)