Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

will the nismo s-tune suspension fix the tire noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 05:57 PM
Tekwon-V

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will the nismo s-tune suspension fix the tire noise

just something i am gonna think about in the near future.

i have the 03 touring and the rumbling noise is pretty bad. the dealer did 50% of the tsb.... they did a 4-wheel alignment but didnt swap the front tires as they are pretty sure they are gonna mess up the wheels in the process, lol.

so for now, i am just living with the noise and hoping my tires dont wear out badly.

if the s-tune 'eliminates' the problem, it would be catching 2 birds with one expensive stone just wondering if the s-tune equipped z's are having better luck with the tires feathering/noise.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:58 AM
BrickydZ

Since the noise is caused by the increased and abnormal wear on your tires the answer is NO. The S tune wont fix the problem.

Unfortunately for us all there are too few people that have installed the S-tune to get a clear picture as to whether it wil solve the underlying alignment problems which cause the tear feathering to begin with.

If it were me, I would get back with the dealer and ask them to replace the tires. When you ask them for new tires they will all of sudden decide to complete the TSB. Then you can get 4k more miles before replacing the tires.

I had the TSB done 3k miles ago and they are now putting on new tires. and yes they did scratch my left front rim, but they are going to replace it. I am working with my dealer and though we have had some issues early on, they have really stepped up to the plate for me. Guess I am very lucky.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:41 AM
Alang

The tires are causing the noise, and it won't go away until you replace them.

I put the S-tune suspension on my car and replaced my tires with pilot sports all in hopes of solving the wear problem. At 3K miles, my michilens were feathering, and at 5K, I am hearing the roar again.

Car has been aligned many times. I am holding off doing anything more until a real proven fix is out.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:37 AM
ad350

I just took my car to the dealer and they are replacing my fronts. I am so glad they didn't give me any problems. I didn't even ask them to replace my tires. He just automatically ordered them for me. So, if it not the suspension, does anybody know what is causing the feathering?
Old 04-06-2004, 04:09 PM
pbenchin

I just encountered the dreaded rumble noise on the front wheels at 12,000 miles. So far the dealer, Schair's Nissan in Long Beach, has not stepped up to the plate to even do the TSB. They are trying to charge me for an alignment AND the tire swap! $155 for a service that shouldn't be charged to the consumer. Not too mention that now I have damaged tires. The Service Advisor said that I should have had an alignment at 7,500 miles. He also tried to accuse me of low tire pressure, even though I just had the car serviced there 2 weeks prior.

So now I am having lack of response from Nissan North America. My car has been at the dealer for 8 days now. The Nissan North America rep. actually told me he couldn't reach the dealer after repeated efforts. Still no word on what will happen with the car. So I sit getting more and more angry with the dealer and Nissan North America. Has anyone else been getting treatment like this?