Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Question for 350z Owners w/ Dogs

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004 | 11:32 AM
Dizturbed

A few months ago I took both of my dogs to the vet in the Z. A black lab and a choco lab both about 80lbs each. The choco just kicks back leaning against the passenger seat and the black just relaxed at the front edge of the seat and the floor. They are both great dogs and we made it ok. I haven't and won't do it again though. Too worried about and accident or something in which they would be seriously hurt stuck up front like that. Now I take my wife's Jeep and she takes the Z to work. That's scary too!

fblue, you're baby choco is gorgeous!
Old 04-08-2004 | 11:40 AM
fblue

Originally posted by Dizturbed
A few months ago I took both of my dogs to the vet in the Z. A black lab and a choco lab both about 80lbs each. The choco just kicks back leaning against the passenger seat and the black just relaxed at the front edge of the seat and the floor. They are both great dogs and we made it ok. I haven't and won't do it again though. Too worried about and accident or something in which they would be seriously hurt stuck up front like that. Now I take my wife's Jeep and she takes the Z to work. That's scary too!

fblue, you're baby choco is gorgeous!
Thanks. He's a 9 month old terror now. He's driving me to drink, but I love him.

The pit bull is good in the car and even lets me put the seat belt on her. I make sure that it is wrapped around her chest and not her neck. The Lab would go ape $hit if I put the seat belt on him. I'd probably crash. I'll have to bite the bullet and let my wife take the Z for the day and I'll take the SUV. I'll be a nervous reck!!!
Old 04-08-2004 | 12:05 PM
mark350

My English Mastiff (Zoey) is now about 150 lbs....I left the door open to the Z in the driveway the other day and she jumped in and sprawled out across both seats and the center console. She always wants to go for rides....but only fits in my wifes car....she gets the whole back seat.
Old 04-08-2004 | 12:09 PM
fblue

Originally posted by mark350
My English Mastiff (Zoey) is now about 150 lbs....I left the door open to the Z in the driveway the other day and she jumped in and sprawled out across both seats and the center console. She always wants to go for rides....but only fits in my wifes car....she gets the whole back seat.

That's funny! I bet the hatch isn't enough room to go get her food.
Old 04-08-2004 | 12:09 PM
DiRN

Originally posted by mark350
Haha. I wouldn't be surprised if you said part of her was still hanging out of the Z.
Old 04-08-2004 | 07:02 PM
cedusett

I take my dog around sometimes. He usually sits in the passenger seat, but he gets anxious (still a pup) and starts trying to get into the rear hatch or vice versa. I was thinking maybe if I removed the spare tire and tools, I could put his bed (like a giant round pillow) in that compartment then he'd be comfortable and have a little more space. Haven't tried it yet though.

Anyway, here he is; his name's Soup, and he's a lab/english setter mix.

Soup @ 4 months - in his cage after getting into the laundry

Soup @ 8 months - guess some dogs never learn!
Old 04-08-2004 | 08:27 PM
smitty16

My dogs would love to get in my z, but I can't seem to fit 400 pounds of dog in the car.
Attached Thumbnails Question for 350z Owners w/ Dogs-capten.jpg  
Old 04-09-2004 | 06:19 AM
Wil350lieZ

I have 2 160lb Presa Canarios and they only ride in the ford expedition.
Old 04-09-2004 | 07:26 AM
mark350

smitty16, those are two awsome looking Saints.....how old are they? I had two female Saints a while ago....great dogs.
Old 04-09-2004 | 02:45 PM
smitty16

Thanks, they're great dogs. They're both 6 years old
The long haired one is Captain he weighs 200pds.
The short haired one is Tennelle she's 180pds.
Attached Thumbnails Question for 350z Owners w/ Dogs-capten1.jpg