Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Tire Feathering Issue: Official Nissan Response & TSB

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 07:44 AM
DrVolkl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is GREAT news.

I was basically turned away from the dealership a month ago, they told me there was no problem.

Now I'm worried they're not going to do the job correctly...I hope Nissan does a GOOD job informing local dealerships.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:29 AM
KyleB

Originally posted by DrVolkl
This is GREAT news.

I was basically turned away from the dealership a month ago, they told me there was no problem.

Now I'm worried they're not going to do the job correctly...I hope Nissan does a GOOD job informing local dealerships.

Tell them to check nnanet or just tell them it's TSB NTB03-043. Everything they need to know is in there. They can sublet the alignment out to an independant shop. If you request this specifically they may do it for you.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:38 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by KyleB
Tell them to check nnanet or just tell them it's TSB NTB03-043. Everything they need to know is in there. They can sublet the alignment out to an independant shop. If you request this specifically they may do it for you.
That's what the dealership that I bought my car from does....they sent my car to a Firestone shop for the alignment and front tire swap....it's been absolutely perfect since then.

I know a lot of people like to bash on nissan for it's customer service, but if you find the right dealer you can get great customer service. I have a dealer 5 minutes from my house and I NEVER go there for anything more than an oil filter. The dealer I bought my car from is 30 minutes away, but they have an AMAZING facility and top notch customer service. When I bought my car, my salesman introduced me to the service staff..and now whenever I walk in the door I'm greeted on a first name basis. That's the kind of customer service that all dealers should have.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:50 AM
devildogg

20,652 miles. I guess I better hurry up and get an appointment.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:27 AM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Originally posted by devildogg
20,652 miles. I guess I better hurry up and get an appointment.
Call and open a case with NNA
Old 04-13-2004, 10:00 AM
touring

I talked to nissan customer service today, (Marcel at extension 3818) he says he can find no reference to the technical bulletin NTB04-043 and that the only one issued is the one issued in 2003. Whats up.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:05 AM
mpowers

Its sad they did not include 04 model Z's. I have allready had mine replaced once.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:29 AM
touring

Funny thing talked to Nissan again they now say the service bulletin is valid and they say they are looking at the bouncing problem and will address soon.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:51 AM
grifferjr

Originally posted by SlamMan
Correct me if I'm wrong but this will cover second owner Zs' also?
I am a second Owner of my Z as well. All you have to do is make sure that you sent in the change of ownership to Nissan. Do not rely on the dealer to notify mother nissan that you are the new owner. When you bought the car you should have received a free postage post card thing that asked for your info.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:08 AM
devildogg

Originally posted by MannishBoy
Call and open a case with NNA
Hell did that a long time ago! This will be the third visit for the "Tire Feathering". Tires swapped the first time. Second time the tech said the tires would wear in after the alignment. Wrong now worst then ever. Now with this TSB they will have to replace the tires.

Regards...
Old 04-13-2004, 11:16 AM
vinnay

yay for the good news
Old 04-13-2004, 11:44 AM
KyleB

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
That's what the dealership that I bought my car from does....they sent my car to a Firestone shop for the alignment and front tire swap....it's been absolutely perfect since then.

I know a lot of people like to bash on nissan for it's customer service, but if you find the right dealer you can get great customer service. I have a dealer 5 minutes from my house and I NEVER go there for anything more than an oil filter. The dealer I bought my car from is 30 minutes away, but they have an AMAZING facility and top notch customer service. When I bought my car, my salesman introduced me to the service staff..and now whenever I walk in the door I'm greeted on a first name basis. That's the kind of customer service that all dealers should have.

Agreed. My dealership is pretty good, but I still think they could improve.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:57 PM
ml2316

this isn't much and not a fix, but at least it's some kind of acknowledgment from nissan. and it means that all of our bitching and moaning (plus the numerous lawsuits) has had an affect. so don't stop complaining until the problem is truly fixed... because it's working.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:34 PM
vic grant

I've heard just the threat of arbitration will get them going, the friend said just go down town and get the form to show them, then show them the tires and tell them the tires are ruined and that you bought the car in good faith so they sould resolve the problem.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:14 PM
Greatsoul

Originally posted by SlamMan
Correct me if I'm wrong but this will cover second owner Zs' also?
I spoke with three different service departments in Illinois nissan dealers....TSB's are assigned to the vehicle and not to the owner of the vehicle..(wanted to make sure as i bought a 2003 touring that was traded in with 2600 miles after the owner went to the autoshow and wanted a rag-top)
Old 04-13-2004, 11:35 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Re: Tire Feathering Issue: Official Nissan Response & TSB

Originally posted by Sport Z Editor
Below is the official Nissan North America response to the 350Z tire feathering issue e-mailed to Sport Z Magazine on April 12 at 5 p.m. The full TSB can be downloaded from the Sport Z Magazine download site, http://www.zfilms.org/SportZMag/

David Bexfield
Editor, Sport Z Magazine
www.sportzmagazine.com

Dave, Thanks for posting info for all to see.....Jeff
Old 04-14-2004, 09:36 AM
Nismo35

Talking

I'm a new member had my Z for about a year now. Recently replaced tires on my own dime. I thought the alignment went out because of the roads I have to drive on. I wish I had seen these posts Before I spent all that money. Will Nissan be refunding even part of what we(the people that knew nothing) spent? I'm glad to see that the same attitude that Z owners display on the streets is also on the web. Always there to help.........
Old 04-14-2004, 11:30 AM
flynnibus
Z Flier

If you've got documentation about the alignment, and the replacement, then you probably have a good chance. Reading the TSB, there isn't a need to have complaints lodged before, just documented problems.. and it does cover people who have already done things even on their own dime. I'd go through what you have documented, and then talk to your dealer after they have seen the TSB, or you can also call consumer affairs at Nissan NA and ask questions of them as well.

I'd give it a week or two for the information about the TSB to get around before you start expecting answers out of people tho.

Good Luck
Old 04-14-2004, 01:16 PM
BrickydZ

Default Nissan Cuts Nismo's Thoat?

I am not sure anyone read into this as I have but Nissan just cut Nismo's thoat on selling the Nismo wheels.

I have been thinking about buying a set of Nismo 18in wheels but wanted to solve the tire feathering problem first. At least I thought that Nissan would say that Nismo wheels are Real Nissan and cover them, but that is not the case.

In the Tire Matrix, page 2 sub part C, it states(and I paraphrase)

"that persons with....Nismo Wheels.. and have Non OEM size tires.... have no tire feathering warranty."

Fact :VDC equipped Zs must have a tire size that exceeds the OEM tire size to work with the VDC. Nissan and Nismo have made this quite clear in their advertising of the Nismo Wheels.

So anyone who buys Nismo Wheels, and follows Nissan and Nismo's written guidelines has in effect made their auto ineligible for a tire feathering claim.

Considering that the Nismo wheels cost $800 to $1000 more than comparable Aftermarket Wheels, who in their right mind would spend more for them just to be turned away by Nissan.

I usually am not a very critical person, but this whole thing(TSB) is IMO a whitewash and is not a solution. The root of the problem is either the vehicle design geometry, the tires or both. The only way to find a solution is to change one of more of the variables and this TSB doesnt do that.

IMO Nissan is gambling that most persons will love the fact that "we can get 12 more months of coverage", and won't think about the TSB anymore.

Just my two cents worth, and not trying to flame anyone. Just venting alittle.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:19 PM
BRONXWARRIOR

well im debating.

DO i bring my worn tires in now,

have the dealer say there still ok and preform the TSB and rotate them

OR wait 2 months till the tires are FCUKED then have the TSB done and have the TIRES replaced.

ether way COME SEPT AKA 2 YEARS IM

S-H-I-T OUT OF LUCK nissan hassent fixed the problem just put it off

Quick Reply: Tire Feathering Issue: Official Nissan Response & TSB