2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Impressions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 04:33 PM
tdukeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Dissolved
http://www.ecza.org is the event. Hope you can make it
Network admin eh? Dime a dozen Do you know what a CISSP is? It was a REQUIREMENT in order to even get an interview with my job. Look it up, I'm sure you've never heard of it.

Oh and I'll be by myself. CS silver Z with naked chicks all around it
Yes the CISSP is a good CERT, but it's still a cert. We just had ours leave and I can do his job just fine; have been for the last half year, I have certs also but I'm most proud of my degree Bachelors of Science (of course when I do the acronyms it's BS in IT) hahahahaha

Don't dog net admins though they have a place as do we all. I'm a Network Engineer and I bust my butt doing it. Hence the reason why I can afford a new home in Southern California, a 2003 F-150 (wife's monster truck), and 2004.5 350Z.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:42 PM
Dissolved

Originally posted by tdukeman
Yes the CISSP is a good CERT, but it's still a cert. We just had ours leave and I can do his job just fine; have been for the last half year, I have certs also but I'm most proud of my degree Bachelors of Science (of course when I do the acronyms it's BS in IT) hahahahaha

Don't dog net admins though they have a place as do we all. I'm a Network Engineer and I bust my butt doing it. Hence the reason why I can afford a new home in Southern California, a 2003 F-150 (wife's monster truck), and 2004.5 350Z.
You honestly think this guy is really a net admin? That's what I was getting at. No offense meant to you. A job is a job. I actually started off as one with a company here in town. Not putting it down. The CISSP has helped me TREMENDOUSLY though. I've been certified since 2002 and was one of the youngest guys in there testing. Took me 1.5 hours and I was done It is one of the hardest certifications to get. The top dawg is the Cisco one(the one that costs thousands of dollars to sit for). Cissp is right behind it. You actually need to have 3 years experience with security, a 4 year degree AND be endorsed by an existing CISSP in order to be certified now.

The network admins are a dime a dozen still. I work with them Security is where it's at. I dont know what kind of work your CISSP did, but the stuff we do is highly technical (CISSP is more of a managerial type cert, a lot of monkeys have it who dont know $hit about security). If you can do his job "just fine" I'd like to know what the job entails? Pen testing, auditing, scanning, implementing security policies, training, implementing IDSs, analyzing traffic etc for spoofed hosts, incedent response etc. Thats the $hit I've been doing. Hell, I have white papers on cccure.org that have been downloading over 20,000 times

: off the soapbox :

Last edited by Dissolved; 04-15-2004 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:52 PM
tdukeman

You honestly think this guy is really a net admin? That's what I was getting at. No offense meant to you. A job is a job. I actually started off as one with a company here in town. Not putting it down. The CISSP has helped me TREMENDOUSLY though. I've been certified since 2002 and was one of the youngest guys in there testing. Took me 1.5 hours and I was done It is one of the hardest certifications to get. The top dawg is the Cisco one(the one that costs thousands of dollars to sit for). Cissp is right behind it. You actually need to have 3 years experience with security, a 4 year degree AND be endorsed by an existing CISSP in order to be certified now.

The network admins are a dime a dozen still. I work with them Security is where it's at. I dont know what kind of work your CISSP did, but the stuff we do is highly technical (CISSP is more of a managerial type cert, a lot of monkeys have it who dont know $hit about security). If you can do his job "just fine" I'd like to know what the job entails? Pen testing, auditing, scanning, implementing security policies, training, implementing IDSs, analyzing traffic etc for spoofed hosts, incedent response etc. Thats the $hit I've been doing. Hell, I have white papers on cccure.org that have been downloading over 20,000 times

: off the soapbox :
K ....I see your point, but I bet I make better Mac & Cheese....as far as management, I've always gone with the premis it's not always what you know but who you know who to outsource it to. Fortrex for this reason is are my best friends.

Any way back to our topic ....the Z.....I have one I love it, it's mine and I think that we that own these cars just appreciate them
Old 04-15-2004, 05:14 PM
Nezian

While messing with peoples cars is a dispicable act, it happens everywhere...i dont agree with what he does, but the flameing was unecessary, IMO....when i was working at a shop the other mechs (i never did it) always took nice cars out and beat the hell out of them. I had the engine blown up in my mustang by a ford tech or missed a shift and over-reved it, so if you all really hate this then you need to learn to do everything to your car and never take it anywhere....with that said i think that perhaps one of the problems hes having is that sometimes cars with soft susp knock you in your seat more due to the body pitch. I drove a newish celica and felt very fast because when i floored it the soft susp alowed the front end to come way up and such...i dont know, just my .02

Nathan
Old 04-15-2004, 07:00 PM
Dissolved

Originally posted by Nezian
so if you all really hate this then you need to learn to do everything to your car and never take it anywhere

Nathan
ummmmm what about warranty issues??? feathering, tranny swaps? Did you forget about that one smart guy? Am I going to spend $3000 and buy a tranny myself and install it? It's called WARRANTY. And you HAVE to take it to the dealer
Old 04-15-2004, 07:40 PM
shimz350z

Originally posted by bknezevic
God you guys are obnoxious. Why not answer the question I posed instead of flaming me for doing something evey person in valet does. Deal with it, or get your *** to walking.

The stretch of pavement is like 40 yards. You can't even get out of first gear anyways. But I can gauge low end torque and that was my question.

You guys need to leave your petty comments and your cheap tips at home. I definetly dont think I'm cool because I valet park and I definetly dont put the car, or myself, in any danger at any point. I can't even get to 35 miles/hr.

Man, are all 350Z owners ******?
i agree with you....the fact of the matter is ALL VALETS floor that sucker once you can't see them no more...it's part of the service unfortunate but what can you do
Old 04-15-2004, 07:45 PM
Dissolved

bah you drive an auto. hush
Old 04-15-2004, 08:49 PM
Nezian

ummmmm what about warranty issues??? feathering, tranny swaps? Did you forget about that one smart guy? Am I going to spend $3000 and buy a tranny myself and install it? It's called WARRANTY. And you HAVE to take it to the dealer
yes you should learn to do everything, that is exactly what i'm saying...lol...sarcasm and hyperbole were clearly lost in the typing, my point was that everytime you take your car to ANY mech it will get driven hard and if your so concerned as to let loose with the flames over it then yes, you should do everything yourself or pitch a tent under your car while its on the lift.

Nathan
Old 04-16-2004, 04:29 AM
Dissolved

yes you should learn to do everything, that is exactly what i'm saying...lol...sarcasm and hyperbole were clearly lost in the typing, my point was that everytime you take your car to ANY mech it will get driven hard and if your so concerned as to let loose with the flames over it then yes, you should do everything yourself or pitch a tent under your car while its on the lift.

Nathan
Ever heard of aftermarket rev limiters?
Old 04-16-2004, 05:18 AM
Nezian

Ever heard of aftermarket rev limiters?
ever heard of factory rev limiters?

It was on there along with the factory speed governer. They were installing a SuperChips chip to take the speed governer off as well as adjust the speedo for gears, but they messed up ordering it and it also took off the factory rev limiter. But it wouldn't have mattered if the mech hadn't gone joy riding, which was my point.

Nathan
Old 04-16-2004, 06:28 AM
Dissolved

ever heard of factory rev limiters?

It was on there along with the factory speed governer. They were installing a SuperChips chip to take the speed governer off as well as adjust the speedo for gears, but they messed up ordering it and it also took off the factory rev limiter. But it wouldn't have mattered if the mech hadn't gone joy riding, which was my point.

Nathan
Hey smart guy. I said aftermarket rev limiters. So you can limit at 2500RPMs and hide the modules.

Superchips suck. How old are you?
Do you even own a Z???
Old 04-16-2004, 08:05 AM
R.J._Vancouver

Man, are all 350Z owners ******? [/B][/QUOTE]

A lot of ***** Z owners?!! Please, say it ain`t so!
I think it`s a problem with sportscars in general.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:27 AM
ElBombastico

no torque? are you crazy? evey time i go full throttle in my 5AT Z, my back is all wet from sweat when i stop. or maybe its the seat warmers?

anyways, the Z has enough torque roast any tire.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:09 AM
adamslad

Talking

Ha ha ha. You guys have made me laugh on this boring (but gorgeous) Friday afternoon. Nothing like a little drama going down in the forum for a good chuckle.

Anyway, I agree that my Z has decent enough snap, but I miss my chipped 2001 Audi S4 for real off-the-line thrust. Too bad about the turbo lag and body roll (I had stock suspension) on that sucker, though. The Z is a more fun driving experience overall since it devours corners, even in stock form.

As for the whole Network Admin vs. Network Security jobs thing, it's all good, my brothers. I'm a computer consultant specializing in systems and application integration, ESD, and automation, and all of us computer geeks have got some of the best jobs in the whole wide world (besides maybe pr0n star or racecar driver ). Where else do you get paid pretty nicely to play with the latest and greatest technology?
Old 04-16-2004, 11:11 AM
tdukeman

Originally posted by adamslad
Ha ha ha. You guys have made me laugh on this boring (but gorgeous) Friday afternoon. Nothing like a little drama going down in the forum for a good chuckle.

Anyway, I agree that my Z has decent enough snap, but I miss my chipped 2001 Audi S4 for real off-the-line thrust. Too bad about the turbo lag and body roll (I had stock suspension) on that sucker, though. The Z is a more fun driving experience overall since it devours corners, even in stock form.

As for the whole Network Admin vs. Network Security jobs thing, it's all good, my brothers. I'm a computer consultant specializing in systems and application integration, ESD, and automation, and all of us computer geeks have got some of the best jobs in the whole wide world (besides maybe pr0n star or racecar driver ). Where else do you get paid pretty nicely to play with the latest and greatest technology?
amen
Old 04-16-2004, 07:44 PM
z053ym

Dissolved please stop acting like you are somebody special. You didnt specify what you do, whatever it is whether you are a net engineer or oversee the net security, you aren't God. Your cert may make you think your God.. but your not.. I've had my MCSE since early in high school. Dont rip into Microsoft like im clueless.. I KNOW your in security which makes you im sure very bias against Microsoft as it is. Either way, I lost interest in being hands on with networks and stopped all together with the certs. Stop trying to talk above somebody because they valet at night. Im sure you don't make all that much money and you aren't too far past a person because he valets at night.
ANY VALET KID can drive my Z how he wants as long as he doesnt wreck it. I hate when people buy this 30000 car that looks like its 50000+ and act like ******. Most mid-size SUVS are 30000 or MORE, the Z may look expensive and rare.. BUT ITS NOT. The guy asked a question.. answer it. Stop thinking your the man. The on-line bickering is really unecessary and goes nowhere.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:02 PM
Reb1281

ElBombastico, that's a nice picture of the Super Black. Shiny lights look great on it. Keep it clean.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:50 PM
Nezian

Hey smart guy. I said aftermarket rev limiters. So you can limit at 2500RPMs and hide the modules.

Superchips suck. How old are you?
Do you even own a Z???
Hey smart guy, you need a comma after that, not a period. Learn grammer, it helps you not sound like an idiot. Yes i understand, but at the time it was the computer being worked on so there wasn't much i could do to keep them from it.

I'm 21

If you've looked over any of my other posts you would know whether i own a Z or not.

Guys like you are a dime a dozen bro, you get a little education and a nice car and think your king sh*t...well if thats what you want to think then far be it from me to bust your bubble.

Originally posted by z053ym
The guy asked a question.. answer it. Stop thinking your the man. The on-line bickering is really unecessary and goes nowhere.
That was my point exactly.

Nathan

Last edited by Nezian; 04-16-2004 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-17-2004, 04:05 PM
ml2316

i've never heard the criticism that the z lacks torque.

Last edited by ml2316; 04-17-2004 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-17-2004, 08:55 PM
phile

The quality of the posts on this board have degraded lately.

Listen people, you don't mess with someone's car unless they give you permission. It's ridiculous to justify your actions with statements like "all valets do it" or "it's part of the job!"

I have yet to turn down a person who wanted to drive my car. To the people who valet park, be men and ask permission before you toy with someone else's hard earned investment.

Oh, and "as long as they don't wreck it" is a pretty ridiculous statement also. You can do plenty of long-term damage to a car without wrecking it, and without the damage showing up right away.

Unbelievable.

Quick Reply: My Impressions...