Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dealer Service Dept Horror Story...Note:this isn't for the timid

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 11:37 AM

's Avatar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by lhapp
I'd be calling the Better Business Bureau and I'd be calling my local tv stations. They usually have a complaint segment where they give the dealer bad press on camera!

I would do the same and DOCUMENT DATE AND TIME on everything incase you need it for court.
Old 09-30-2002, 11:58 AM
InternetABYSS

FYI....all I did was call 1800-nissan1 and post this here....and went to the dealer to get a copy of the invoice since the milage said that the car came in with 1748 and left with 1748...when really it left with 1859...I wanted them to correct it....LOL ..On friday SM said he would change it...after this exposure...ummm No dont think so.... THEN BLAM I got in a meeting with all the management at the dealer.

It was very uncomfortible...but oh well...I'm just reporting my opinion and what happened.

I have no Idea what happened behind closed doors...and I'm sure I'll never know the truth.

The management disagrees but I think this forum helped me get this addressed

Nissan Customer Affairs

1-800-Nissan1 YES IT REALLY DOES WORK!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2002, 12:35 PM
jhchan

Originally posted by InternetABYSS
Heres The bottom line.

Nissan has a fix for the car. They said its as easy as changing out the pedal. We will see if that fixes it.

The mysterious 111 miles added to my car is unknown...meaning no one is willing to stand up at the dealership and say it was them because they value their job.

The 2 different stories.... What I was told over the past week about nissan engineers flying in from califoria wasn't true.

(maybe miscommunication???? but I dont know because I was the one receiveing the false story)

The dealership has offered to provide a extended warrenty for my car because of the issues. hmmmm

I will keep you all updated with any additional information.

The management at the dealership wants to make me a happy customer. He said he does this for all his customers Z buyers to sentra buyers. (he did get a email about this post )
Wow thats great to hear something is getting done! Did you find out who the email came from about your post? Was it from a Nissan rep? It'd be interesting to know if there are really any Nissan folks crawling around the board.
Old 09-30-2002, 12:53 PM
dvlad

abyss, i would have a lawyer draft a nasty, firm, threating(j/k) letter to the BBB of your city and state. I would also address one to a consumer watch dog group. As other people have said, you need to get the word out about the total disregard for proper business practises.

One person suggested calling the local tv station. I would do that in a HEART beat. Let everyone in town know about it. No matter what the dealership does, you have to ruin their image. Just so some one who doesn't know better won't be treat the same way. Man, i'm pissed that they put 110 miles on too!!!
Old 09-30-2002, 01:10 PM
Slareau02

Jeebus, That is scary. I know I would have lost it if it had been me. First that 03' cobra and now Jason's 350z. Too bad the tech at the nissan place wasn't as stupid as the SVT tech. Keep your eyes open for a "Man I just drove the hell out of a 350z that was in for service, I dumped the clutch at 6grand ten times just to smell it burn. etc" .
Old 09-30-2002, 02:08 PM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never like the idea of leaving my car overnight at some place.

If so, i try to take measures like recording the milage and taking out all of my personal items. Then I'll take write down the fuel and milage. Even better... reset the trip meter prior to giving them the keys.

Either way... i cringe about the idea of having strangers look after my car.
Old 09-30-2002, 02:16 PM
Todd

Exclamation

Hey Abyss, check out this thread:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...311#post728311

Someone else with an SVT Cobra is in the same boat.
Old 09-30-2002, 02:33 PM
zmut

Do our new z,s have one of these on- board black boxes? If so a record of the speeds etc may be present.
Old 09-30-2002, 03:05 PM
HEUGE
Charter Member #40

I'm sorry to hear of your problems. I hope it works out for you in the end. At this point, I think that you have many options available to you if the dealership does not help you out. Negative media exposure works wonders for some problems.
Old 09-30-2002, 03:26 PM
LA-Z

Another reason I got the saftey track system, it will tell me the exact times and places my car was taken over a two week period. When I drop it off at the dealer I leave very specific instructions, including the warning that I am tracking EVERY movement the car makes, time it was out, and where it went, and Cerritos Auto Squarehas very specific laws about where you can take the car and how fast you can drive it. Bottom line, a lot of these people don't car about cars, esp. ones that aren't theirs.
Old 09-30-2002, 03:38 PM
roberto350z

Originally posted by cheap
They put on 5% of your total miles. Therefore I think they should pay for 5% of your car, along with an extended warrantee to cover whatever damage they might have incurred during that 5%.
f*ck yeah, this advice is PERFECT. I wuz gonna say get a new car, because I think they drove it silly, but this solution keeps them from a legal battle and assures you that whatever shennanigans were going on in your car, you dont have to worry about. PLUS, he X-tra 1600 bucks can go towards a stereo
Old 09-30-2002, 03:40 PM
InternetABYSS

The dealer is asking me what I want them to do about it, to make me a satisfied customer.

They also said a higher up at nissan is gonna give me a call....I wont hold my breathe....I'm still waiting to see nissan engineers from California

Also...I think they were very political in admitting nothing...
I was under the spot light and was starting to feel like I was the one yanking them around....I was constantly saying to myself "I'm in the right here." I could tell they caught heat from this post.

He even mentioned getting me a new Z. But I would just get a option for a canceled order. HHhmmmm
He also said about adding a extended warranty.

Anyways,

The transmission still does that grind noise in second if I quickly shift...but if I normal shift its fine. GRRRrrrr

The brakes stopped squeaking...one good thing

Now all I need is my transmission fixed and the original Power loss fix...and im set.
Old 09-30-2002, 10:14 PM
Old Skooler

Jeezus, that's horrible. Hang in there, man.
Old 09-30-2002, 10:36 PM
bayarea-sunset

Really sorry to hear your story.I think the extended warranty is a nice gesture but I would hold out for much more.At least your brakes arent squeaking anymore but the tranny thing is really not cool ,what if it gets worse?If they did actually let people test drive your car they are in alot of **** if you could prove it.Im not sure I would want a whole new z but a new tranny and brake service would be nice,oh and a few free oil changes.Maybe im just being **** but that is just wrong and really makes me want not want to ever let a nissan dealer have my car unattended.Hope you make out ok abyss best of luck.-Will
Old 09-30-2002, 10:43 PM
Tony Alonso

One thing that would satisfy me in this situation is to have the person who put the miles on the car publicly confess their sin and apologize to me in front of their manager and other customers who might be in the dealership at the time. That, in addition to some of the other things you mentioned, would help make amends for this.

I feel for you - especially since in kindergarten, many of us should have been taught not to lie.

Good luck!
Old 09-30-2002, 11:16 PM
fr0ng

290,000 views on that original forum. HEHEHE.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:21 AM
Zrated

Thumbs up

They want to know what would make you happy? How about this... You want the tech fired and life-time free service on the car. Regardless someone needs to loose there job for B.S. like that. There is absolutely NOTHING professional about a dealership that would let this happen. Where was the service manager? He obviously cant handle the job if he lets a tech run the show.
Old 10-01-2002, 08:17 AM
InternetABYSS

NO one is gonna lose their job. The GM of the dealership is in denial that anyone of his employees didnt anything wrong.

They claim the car wasn't driven 111 miles...I had proof but they changed stories and wouldn't change the paper work after they read the post on here. I'm sure its a C. Y. A. thing.

I will be more than happy to AND SERVERELY WANT TO POST POSITIVE INFO about the dealership and the Regional Nissan Office handling this issue, But so far the only way this has gone anywhere is if I keep after it.

So far if I want results I gotta go do it myself.....NO CALLS from nissan so far, no return phone calls, and No dealership follow- up calls.

The only way I get any response is if I physically go to the dealership and sit there till someone deals with me.

This seems like a classic case of "maybe he will just go away" But then again they might be just slow to resolve. Maybe its just me and my american thinking of wanting results now.

I'll give em alittle more time. Then I'll be very persistant to get some kind of resolution.

FYI.

I don't want to get the press, lawyers, or am I trying to make any money off this.

All I believe in is FAIRNESS

I just CAN'T stand to feel helpless, lied to, and/or taken advantage of, especially after waiting 7 months for my first brand new car which just so happens to be a sweet 350z.

I still think its funny that between me and JMANZ (the two founders of my350z.com) I'm the one who bought the 350z and mines got problems and this happened...LOL

Ohh ALSO....I STILL LOVE MY CAR.....AND LOVE THE NISSAN 350Z.
Old 10-01-2002, 08:56 AM
WashUJon

It sounds like whoever went for the joyride seriously banged up your second gear synchro. To do that he'd have to have power shifted or run the crap out of that engine and made some high RPM shifts over and over.

Lawyers can give you FAIRNESS. Just bear that in mind...

Quick Reply: Dealer Service Dept Horror Story...Note:this isn't for the timid