2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dealer Service Dept Horror Story...Note:this isn't for the timid

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 08:57 AM
ezchief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine light fix

Abyss,

You said they had a fix. Is it your complaint or the check engine light.

The reason is that I had a 99 1.8 passat that did this a couple times. Always after drivning high RPM with less then a 1/8 tank of gas. Light would come on when I started the car.

The solution from VW was to reset the computer and not to let the gas get that low. Seemed to work for my VW. They said the computer sensed a fuel problem under this driving condition.

FYI
Old 10-01-2002, 09:14 AM
InternetABYSS

Ezchief
This is a real problem not a quick fix. The pedal sensor and throttle body sensor is going out of synch. This is a error on the Electronic drive by wire system.

The fix is changing out the accel pedal and sensor...we will see if that does it or not.

WashUJOn
I agree thats why I want it noted at nissan that if I bring in my car for a transmission fix that I didnt do it.

My last 5 speed car lasted 6 years before the tranny needed some work.

now this one is wearing fast and its been less than a month and a high proformance car....Im afraid to shift quick now since I dont want the car gone for another week or so doing tranny work...GRRRR

Well we shall see how they take care of me.

I am a very Fair person to the fact that if they take good care of me I will post my deepest reguards and thanks.

If not....well I won't go down that road yet.
Old 10-01-2002, 10:06 AM
PowerStroker

If you ever decide to go to the press give Becky Oliver at KDFW FOX4 news a call. I've seen her in action and she doesn't take any SH*T from anybody, she's like a pit bull that's latched on to a piece of meat. They like to do stories like yours because too many companies take advantage of the individual consumers like us. Good Luck and I hope you get this resolved in the manner that suits you.
Old 10-01-2002, 11:47 AM
silvrz5

Internet,,,, I would be in jail now if i were you. I would have made such a scene at the dealership, grabed the guy that told me he was flying the tech in, and track down the guy who put 110 miles on your car. I would not have left until I knew what was going on. This is really , really, out of control. If the gm said he would get you a new 350z ,, take it. There is alot to be said for getting dicked over, emottional distress is a very high dollar amount in MY mind. An extended warrenty from these monkeys is like saying, sure kick me in the nutts, then lie to me more. Get them to get you a new 350z NOW..... then walk and wash your hands of them. I think i would have went to blows with all this b.s. Hence my first line..... i would be in jail now. One thing i hate most is getting lied to and getting the run around, put the stops to this now...... DAMN IM PISSED. 110 MILES THAT GUY NEEDS TO PAY. GET A NEW 350Z FROM THEM, PLEASE GET A NEW 350Z FROM THEM!
Old 10-01-2002, 11:59 AM
InternetABYSS

silvrz5

I love my car and it is VIN913

I'm afraid they wont offer me the same exact car.
I didnt wait 7 months for nothing.

My car was custom order not like I picked it out of a huge lot of cars.

And yes...it was very hard to maintain my composure. I would think they would be kissing up for the mistake. But I guess that would mean they would take total ownership and in todays world they most likely wont do that being afraid of a law suit or something.

I can get the tranny fixed under power train warranty anywhere.
I can also get this manufacture defect fixed too. (i hope)

The only way I would take a new car would be if they offered me a deal I couldnt refuse but that would mean they would actualy be proactive and helpful.

I wanna give em the benefit of the doubt...I'm waiting to see what they do.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:32 PM
aggie300zx

Hey Abyss...sorry to hear about your troubles. You know I've noticed my second gear being tough to get into...not sure if it is as bad as yours, but since you are vin913 and i'm 903 not sure if this is an isolated issue or a run issue. Good luck, and let us know if there is anything we can do to help!
Old 10-01-2002, 12:53 PM
wxtornado

Jesus H Christ on a raft, you are being WAY WAY WAY too nice to this dealer, Abyss! They're offering you the extended warranty and other stuff because they got CAUGHT! You know what, they'd STILL be laughing AT you right now if you never noticed the mileage. That is totally unacceptable. I don't care how much it would cost me, I would get the media involved and do everything in my power, no matter how long it took, to drive this POS dealer out of service. It just pisses me off to even read this thread.........
Old 10-01-2002, 02:18 PM
Rocket2023

Lightbulb

Makes me think of that line in Pulp Fiction, where Marcellus Wallace after being acosted said, " I am gonna call some pipe swinging brothers to come over here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch to go to work on the holmes."

I think that would be FAIR

In all seriousness, the dealer must admit to this egregious disrespect of personal property and provide compensation. Not one without the other. Until that happens you do what you need to do - no apologies, no remorse. As one of our brethren suggested - call KDFW and let slip the dogs of war.

cheers man!
Old 10-01-2002, 02:22 PM
Rocket2023

To the Dealer:

MAKE THIS RIGHT. WE ARE ALL WATCHING WHAT HAPPENS.

To Nissan: STEP UP AND PROTECT YOUR CUSTOMER'S..NOW.
Old 10-01-2002, 02:39 PM
Gendo Ikari

I think that the fact that they are not admitting to putting on those miles is gonna screw this up for you in the long run....Have you seeked any legal advice?
Old 10-01-2002, 03:27 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Abyss,

Sorry to hear about your situation. If the Dealer GM is in denial, then I think you should use all means available to you as a consumer to file complaint, i.e. BBB, state agency, letter to newspaper editor, TV, etc. Copy the Dealer GM and Nissan.
Old 10-01-2002, 03:52 PM
planetz

Oh shoot! Have the same problem, the check engine soon light stays on.Its at the dealership right now and they said that they will contact NNA in the morning for a diagnosis.Looks like this problem will surface on a number of us.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:17 PM
nickdtm

I agree, you're being way too nice. Why not get them for all they're worth? What's fair is they do the absolute most to compensate you that you can get. Get them to give you an IDENTICAL car (from another dealer if necessary), include the extended warranty, and perhaps service too. Get a lawyer involved and the media as well. It should be worth it just for revenge for their lies and politics!

EDIT: I just remembered once my dad's 2001 M5 came back with the on-board computer reading 10MPG. He didn't do anything more than just suggest that it better not happen again, because for one thing he didn't remember the odometer readings. I remember how mad I was when I saw that and it wasn't even my car.

Last edited by nickdtm; 10-01-2002 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:45 PM
InternetABYSS

I'll try the nice route first. to be honest with you guys I don't want all this crap to ruin my happyness since I love this car so much....

I'm not in the mood to lose alot of work and go through all the BS that is needed to do all this stuff you guys suggest.

I'm gonna try the peaceful tactic first. If they take care of me then I'm fine. Like I said I don't know who or how the miles got put on there so its hard to know who to be pissed at, all I know is that they need to make it right, and I need to give em that chance...I also want to give nissan customer affairs the chance to help also....If I get screwed on this deal....trust me...you guys seen me at work before---consider game on---(if it gets that far)

This is how the game is played.

Try proper channels first. Then if that dont work...Then ya try everything else.

*Remeber all these ideas are nice but, its just a poor white boy vs big bucks dealership.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:48 PM
InternetABYSS

OH by the way guys....thanks for all the points....Thats one good thing coming from all this. hee hee

I gotta think positive
Old 10-01-2002, 05:19 PM
Jason

Well, if it makes you feel any better, Toyota had my MR2 Spyder for almost FOUR MONTHS fixing a little engine problem
Old 10-01-2002, 06:27 PM
jran76

Have you tried Courtesy Nissan, I have great expiriences with them. I am willing to drive from Austin to Dallas just to have them work on my cars. This is only my opinion, but I do not think they would pull this stuff on you, and their service dept. is top notch....
Old 10-01-2002, 06:34 PM
Michael-Dallas

Originally posted by jran76
Have you tried Courtesy Nissan, I have great expiriences with them. I am willing to drive from Austin to Dallas just to have them work on my cars. This is only my opinion, but I do not think they would pull this stuff on you, and their service dept. is top notch....
Um, no. I would recommend Courtesy for sales and I would definitely recommend them for parts. But you couldn't pay me enough money to take my 350 there for service (I work on my cars anyway). If you don't believe me, then ask about Courtesy's service dept on twinturbo.net.

Michael.
Old 10-01-2002, 06:40 PM
wxtornado

Abyss, whatever you decide to do, you know we all wish you the very best and we'll respect your decision. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that this just royally pisses me off for them to do this to you.

Best of luck to you in this unfortunate situation - please keep us posted.
Old 10-01-2002, 06:41 PM
jran76

Again, as I stated it is "my opinion." I have not had any problems, at least comparred to other Nissan Dealers I have dealt with. I cannot speak for others, so thank you for the info, I will keep it in mind.

They are also the only dealer that I had work on my Maxima that did not mind working with aftermarket parts, which is of concern to myself.

Are there any dealers that you recomend for service (Austin/Dallas)????

Quick Reply: Dealer Service Dept Horror Story...Note:this isn't for the timid