Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Any Dallas, TX area Zs yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002 | 11:51 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Why is it that all the good dealerships are in Richardson? I will check them out for sure, but damn. Classic BMW, the Ferarhi dearlship, etc. all right there in a little burb of Dallas.

Oh well, my props go out to them for sure!
Old 10-03-2002 | 11:59 AM
Michael-Dallas

This year, Hallett was on 9/8. $90 (or $99 late registration) got you 5 20-minute sessions. For $75 extra, you could have also attended the Alfa DE the day before on Sat.

You definitely get your money's worth. I was sooo exhausted that I decided to skip the 5th session and head home. That and seeing a Prelude cook a corner and land on a tire wall right before my eyes kinda freaked me out.

The Corvette guys are having a similar 1 day excursion to Motorsports Ranch on 10/26: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=393194

I'm gonna try and attend.

Michael.
Old 10-03-2002 | 12:09 PM
ezchief

Thumbs up

The new guy buys the beer right.
Old 10-03-2002 | 02:59 PM
ChinaClipper

Default Z Club of Texas details

:: I've been meaning to ask around about the Z Club of Tx. What kind of stuff do you guys do? Is it pretty fun?

The Z Club of Texas is open to all Z owners or Z-wanna-be owners. It is a great place to interface with folks of like interest in the Z car. Being such a large club, there is a potpourri of activities and interests for all tastes. They range from parades, car shows/displays, car cruises, track events (which seem to be the main interest on this thread so far), club tours to various interesting sights, tech sessions, social gatherings, rallyes, drive-in movies, etc. I have been a member since 1988, and the friendly atmosphere and sharing of information has kept my '72 240Z serviceable and running, while piquing my interest in the ressurection of the current generation Z car - enough to make me fortunate enough to be the first 350Z delivery from Courtesy Nissan (agreed - a great dealer who treats you like a King!). It is as much fun as you choose to make it. The friendly people are what have kept me an active member all these years. Each meeting usually features a guest speaker who talks about car subjects. Past topics have included car care, car insurance, powder coating, bead blasting, painting, re-upholstering car seats, car maintenance, and how you can help beat back Texas laws that would deter 'enthusiast' car enjoyment. There is always something for everyone.

:: I joined ZCOT but I haven't been to any meetings. I can't see them being much fun unless I knew a bunch of people there. I really wanted to do Hallet this fall but I knew my Z wouldn't be here that soon. Next year I will be there but I agree they need more events like this.

There are a variety of age groups and interests in the club, so come on out to a meeting and introduce yourself! The meetings start around 7:30 pm or whenever folks can pry themselves from talking shop talk around the parking lot. I also passed on Hallett this year as my 350 had not passed the break-in period, but I plan on making it next year!
If more folks like you who are interested in Driver Ed events like this join up, then the basis of financing more events becomes a reality, be it at Hallett or even Motorsports Ranch, which is being considered.

Hope to see you newbies there (with your Z cars!).
More information at www.zcluboftexas.org for details!