Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

ordering help

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 09:17 PM
superstuddc27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ordering help

i think i asked this question a while back but it was all meshed with my other questions so it didn't get addressed very well.. well it's coming soon. SOON!!!!! i want my 350z!!! but in order for me to afford school and the car i've made a goal for a downpayment so it requires some patience. well.. my question: for those of you that ordered, or know about this stuff like a saleman perhaps or something.... if i were to order, let say like May 1st.. which is like this week. (i wish :P).. how long would it take? i hear some people took like 3 months or something but i just thought it was cause it was back in 2002-2003 when it was fairly new. so if i were to order now, or summer time, how long would it take?
How long would it take if i were to order a 2005? in august im guessing.. AND... if i were to order right now, how does the payment stuff work? no one ever talks about that. do i "deal" with the dealers about APR, downpay, monthly, etc. at the time of ordering, and get all the financial things dealt with, or do i do all that after the car comes in from wherever? thanks

repeat.. cause it was long
1) How long for an order to come in? let's say if i order around summer july-august
2) How long for an order if i order in August, a 2005 model?
3) WHen do i take care of financing? before or after the car arrives.
Thanks again
-dave
Old 04-28-2004, 10:01 PM
DiRN

I can't answer all your questions, but if you wait until August to order a 2005, expect it most likely to arrive late September/early-mid October.

And I don't know what you mean by take care of financing, but you work out the details when you order the car, and you start paying (aside from your deposit) when it arrives.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:25 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: ordering help

Originally posted by superstuddc27
1) How long for an order to come in? let's say if i order around summer july-august
2) How long for an order if i order in August, a 2005 model?
3) WHen do i take care of financing? before or after the car arrives.
Thanks again
-dave
A true order takes about 3 months to get here from Japan. The problem is that when you order a car, the dealer will search other dealer's inventories to see if they can find a match and then trade for it. That could put the car in your hands in a week. Next they will try and find one already enroute from Japan and get it redirected to their inventory. That could get you the car in 1 to two months. Basically, the dealer wants to get you the car and close the deal ASAP.

You take care of financing when the car arrives at the dealer and you go to accept delivery of it. That part is essentially the same as if you bought one off the lot. About the only difference is that dealers will want you to put some money down ($500 - $1000) when ordering. Do not put down a non-refundable deposit!!!!! If the dealer insists, take your business elsewhere.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:52 AM
drdisco

Default Re: Re: ordering help

I actually ordered my car from the dealer on the 10th of this month. I was told the dealer would place the order with nissan on the 1st of may, and the car should be here sometime around the end of june. I have my doubts about that, but that is what I was told.
Old 04-29-2004, 02:22 PM
superstuddc27

wow.. thanks aha but different answers. still kinda confused. so you get allllll the details about APR, downpayment, and stuff like that WHEN you're ordering and you put down a deposit, and then you start paying when the car comes a month or two later? OR...... you go to dealer and order the car, give the deposit, and when the car arrives, THEN you discuss the details about the payments and the price of the car and stuff?
thanks.. im probably gonna order around august if im lucky and all goes planned, and it'll might as well be a 2005. after all, a 2005 would be the same MSRP price, etc. and there will be improvements that NISSAN "engineers" have been "working" on
-Dave
Old 04-29-2004, 03:29 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally posted by superstuddc27
you go to dealer and order the car, give the deposit, and when the car arrives, THEN you discuss the details about the payments and the price of the car and stuff?
That is close, except that when you go to order the car, you will probably have to come to an agreement on price then. You are committing (in principal) to buy it when you place the order so you might want to know what it's going to cost you up front. You don't want to wait until your dream car arrives and then start haggling over the price and not get a price that you can live with.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:05 PM
drdisco

Yeah, negotiate and get your price in writing when you order the car. You don't have to do all of the F&I stuff until it arrives though. My salesman actually tried to get me to go through the F&I when I ordered but I refused. I guess he thougt he was going to try and pull one over on me or something. I don't even plan on financing through them anyway. Actually I don't know what the hell he was thinking. I truly despise the guy.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:06 PM
superstuddc27

haha well thanks i get it now. man i was thinking if i had to order and THEN negotiate a price, that would be just insane. thanks
-dave