2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I Hate Cops!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 10:57 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by milanista
Well, at least the "pig" didn't give you a ticket. I got a speeding ticket 3 or so weeks ago, while driving my "commuter" car (97 Camry). I swear, that car is jinxed. Since I bought it used about a year ago, I got 4 tickets while driving it. In the meantime, I've owner a 03 G35 coupe and now the ZR, without getting so much as a dirty look from the "law". Out of those 4 tickets, only one was justified (97 mph on the 680 freeway); the other 3 were total BS. This last ticket I got, I was pulled over late one sunday night while going home. Got pulled over on the expressway by this young and fat CHP guy (they must have relaxed physical requirements these days if that guy was able to get in the force) who claimed I was racing a Roush Mustang. What a load of crap: I was driving on the nuymber 3 lane on a 4-lane expwy, the #4 lane merged into the #3 lane, and when i slowed down to let the guy in the Rustang merge, he slowed down as well. At that point, I sped up and changed lane to give the guy some room, and that's when I got pulled over. Apparently I changed lane right in front of the lousy pig, and he felt compelled to harass me. When I told him laughing that I don't engage in speeding contests on public roads while driving a 4-cylinder Toyota Camry, he stated that he could smell alcohol on me. Sh*t, I don't drink and defintely had no alcohol in my system. I told him flat out he was wrong and there was no way I smelled like alcohol; I then proceeded to blow my breath to his face and asked him again if he could smell alcohol. He told me that he smelled alcohol not on my breath, but perhaps coming out of my pores, and gave me a sobriety test right there and then. When I of course passed it, he wrote me up for a 55 on a 45 mph zone. Needless to say, I'm going to contest this ticket, and hope to see that bastard in court, so that I can tell the judge how he harassed me for no apparent reason. Lousy fuc*ing pig..... I hate them all.....
Can you tell us how you really feel?

Not even worth fighting for. Your word against his.

I'm assuming when you say passed, you blew .000? Did you blow in a PBT (portable breathalizer) or did he do some pre-exit tests (alpahabet, count the tips of your fingers, ect?

Last edited by zand02max; 04-30-2004 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:32 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I Hate Cops!!

Originally posted by 350zttnis
Then he kept saying man, this is a beautiful car!
It might make you feel better if you take his admiration as a indication of your good taste in automobiles.

If that doesn't do it, report it. Most likely the time and location will narrow down the offending cop.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:26 PM
milanista

Originally posted by zand02max
Can you tell us how you really feel?

Not even worth fighting for. Your word against his.

I'm assuming when you say passed, you blew .000? Did you blow in a PBT (portable breathalizer) or did he do some pre-exit tests (alpahabet, count the tips of your fingers, ect?
he gave me the "follow the pen in front of your face with your eyes" and the "touch the tip of your nose", as well as the old "walk on a straight line touching your heel with your other foot's toes". Right in on the side of the road with traffic driving by. I even got the occasional honk....You're right about the cop's word against mine. But if he doesn't show up in court, the case will be dismissed. If I'm lucky and keep postponing the actual court date, maybe the cop will be transfered to another part of the state, or better yet he may get run over by a semi by the time I have to go to court...
Old 04-30-2004, 12:37 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

he gave me the "follow the pen in front of your face with your eyes" and the "touch the tip of your nose", as well as the old "walk on a straight line touching your heel with your other foot's toes". Right in on the side of the road with traffic driving by. I even got the occasional honk....You're right about the cop's word against mine. But if he doesn't show up in court, the case will be dismissed. If I'm lucky and keep postponing the actual court date, maybe the cop will be transfered to another part of the state, or better yet he may get run over by a semi by the time I have to go to court...
He did the HGN (eye test). Believe it or not, that test is the quickest way to tell how much someone has had to drink. Really simple test once your'e trained on it. You can actually tell the BAC (Blood Alcohol Content, .10, ect) by that one test alone.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:46 PM
alpine

Originally posted by silver&black03
WTF IS THAT BS!!!!!!!!? MY FATHER IN LAW IS A FEDRAL AGENT, I WILL FIND OUT ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT THIS. THAT IS A TOTAL ILLEGIAL STOP. ANY CHANCE YOU GOT A BADGE # OR NAME ON HIS NAME PLATE?
Really?

Old 04-30-2004, 12:57 PM
milanista

He did the HGN (eye test). Believe it or not, that test is the quickest way to tell how much someone has had to drink. Really simple test once your'e trained on it. You can actually tell the BAC (Blood Alcohol Content, .10, ect) by that one test alone.
I'm assuming you're referring to the test where with my eyes I had to follow the pen he moved in front of my face without moving my head. If a trained "officer" can tell when someone is drunk by that test alone, why didn't he perform that test without having me get out of the car, and why did he subject me to the other tests? I guess he just wanted to humiliate me.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:06 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

I'm assuming you're referring to the test where with my eyes I had to follow the pen he moved in front of my face without moving my head. If a trained "officer" can tell when someone is drunk by that test alone, why didn't he perform that test without having me get out of the car, and why did he subject me to the other tests? I guess he just wanted to humiliate me.
The test has to be given outside the car. It is utilized with the other tests. You normally do three tests, (that is SOP) one after the other, for example, we do:

HGN
9 step walk and turn
One leg Stand

Then if they fail that, we do a PBT, which BTW, is NOT admissable in court, then we take you in and you blow in the Intox machine. Thats if you fail the tests.

I have a question for you though. Had you been drinking?
Old 04-30-2004, 01:22 PM
sausage5000

he should have beat you down and rubbed your face in the pavement for no apparent reason.

i honestly wish there was two or three personal cop stories i had that at most only involved an inconvenient conversation.

...at least the ******* could have made something up and given you a ticket for chrissake!
Old 04-30-2004, 01:31 PM
milanista

The test has to be given outside the car. It is utilized with the other tests. You normally do three tests, (that is SOP) one after the other, for example, we do:

HGN
9 step walk and turn
One leg Stand

Then if they fail that, we do a PBT, which BTW, is NOT admissable in court, then we take you in and you blow in the Intox machine. Thats if you fail the tests.

I have a question for you though. Had you been drinking?
I figured you were in the force by the technical terms you were using. Hope I didn't offend you too much. To answer your question, no, as I mentioned before I do not drink alcohol (the last drink I had was at the new year's party I attended, where I had 1/2 glass of champagne) and definitely did not drink anything alcoholic, not even cough syrup, mouthwash, Binaca etc. I was surprised and pretty upset at the CHP officer (notice how I'm not referring to him using any slurs out of respect for you ) when he stated that he could smell alcohol on me. I told him that was impossible, due to the fact that I don't drink. He said that the smell was not on my breath, he felt that it was probably emanating from my skin, and that after years of experience and the training he received at the academy, he could smell alcohol on people as an afterthought. Yeah, right. They guy needs to go back to cop school....
Old 04-30-2004, 01:38 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

I totally agree with you. He def. seemed like an a$$hole.

Makes you wish they had a law where if the dumb cop does not know what hes doing, you can sure him for false arrest, ect. for not having a drop of alcohol in your system. Or at least charge them for time lost, ect. LOL!

Coming from your pores, give me a break. It has to come from the breath. He was full of crap, and he knew it. He was trying to BS you thats all, in my opinion.

Last edited by zand02max; 04-30-2004 at 01:42 PM.