Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

need help guys......please

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 06:53 PM
NoahzBurnt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help guys......please

my Z is a daily driver. 5,000 miles in 14 weeks to be exact, over that time i have noticed that the clutch has perpetually gotten lighter and lighter in feel but always retained that exact tight point of friction......but while in bumper to bumper traffic....starting in first at maybe 900-1000 rpms just as i approced that friction point....i noticed that the clutch all of a sudden lost that tight exact sweet friction point.....it feels as if there is almost next to no clutch left and unless I begin releasing the clutch at 1200-1400 rpms i wont go anywhere and the car will putter
this is nowhere near being my first manual car but I have never had to replace a clutch ever....so i don't know if it's worn or if this is normal for the car...or maybe the gas I put in sucks....maybe my leg is just so used to it that i no longer feel the pressure???
Old 04-30-2004, 07:12 PM
FairladyZ

You prolly just broke the clutch in to the way you drive. Let someone else drive it (if you dare) and then try it again and the clutch feel will be totally different than what you are use to.

Then after you drive it again it will be back to normal.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:17 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Left food got stronger?
Old 05-01-2004, 06:30 PM
NoahzBurnt

maybe....lol

i think it's just that i am so used to where the clutch catches that i no longer feel the pressure???? like my left foot automatically raises it to that level or maybe it could be a bad master cylinder....and convice a dealership to give me a new clutch
Old 05-01-2004, 08:01 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think your left foot just got stronger... It sounds dumb but use your right foot to push down the clutch and I bet it will feel different.

Thats how it is with me...