NEW info from ZISME

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2002, 03:01 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default NEW info from ZISME

The latest from our informant from zcar:

We appreciate our pre-sell people hanging in there with us, so we will spend some money to deliver the news to you in a cool way...all I'm prepared to say. ZISME

OH the suspense!
Old 06-08-2002, 03:06 AM
brackethead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool. Feels good to be appreciated.

He says "deliver the news..." What news exactly? The final performance numbers, e.g., HP and torque?

I wonder what they're planning?
Old 06-08-2002, 03:24 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

He posted this in reference to the final HP number.

I agree excilio. You and I even got into it a little over there as well! Nothing wrong with a little gentleman's disagreement though.
Old 06-08-2002, 03:35 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone from Nissan told me to watch alot of TV this weekend . . .HUMMMMMM

I guess I should add it was a Dealership representative, no name incase he is wrong.

Last edited by VandyZ; 06-08-2002 at 03:47 AM.
Old 06-08-2002, 03:38 AM
rouxeny

I was thinking that having somebody pop out of a cake would be a nice way to deliver the hp numbers.
Old 06-08-2002, 03:38 AM
jreiter

Default Happens on most car discussion sites :(

I'm an Audi owner, so I usually hang out on the two big Audi forums: AudiWorld and AudiZine.

Oddly enough, the same thing is happening over there as it is on the 350z forums. Audiworld, which has by far the greater membership, often becomes a raging flame-fest. Lots of heated arguments, name-calling, etc. AudiZine, on the other hand, is much mellower and friendlier. Unfortunately, just like Zcar, Audiworld has more of the "old-timers" and very knowledgeable people making posts, so it becomes necessary to dig your way through the fat to find the meat.

Oh well. Such is life, I suppose.
Old 06-08-2002, 03:49 AM
rouxeny

Geez, I just spent some time on Zcar and the place is a disaster. I guess without any solid information out, everybody is left to speculate and speculate they have. One guy wants to know if the Z will beat the Porsche Cayenne and VW Phaeton, of which none of the three are even out. Another guy wants to know the best way to launch his Z, and people are answering! I dunno, the site is a mess. It is, unfortunately, the source for some pretty good information.
Old 06-08-2002, 04:10 AM
350zhawaii

what is funny...but i agree with you...

just my 2 cent
Old 06-08-2002, 04:10 AM
TCL

If the news is going out to pre-sell customers first, my guess is that it might come via priority mail. I say this since ZISME mentioned that they were going to spend some money on it. No idea what enclosures might accompany the news, if any.
Old 06-08-2002, 04:11 AM
350zhawaii

i mean that is funny
Old 06-08-2002, 04:55 AM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

Originally posted by exsilio
oh wait...I found the thread...my license plate.

We didn't get into it though..you just never believed me or something.

Well I am glad to say I finally put my plate on...the rear not the front plate.

no worries though man. I think I never got pulled over simply because it looks more like the car is new without plates...people natutally assume that I think...don't know...but now I have the rear plate on. So if I get pulled over, it will be for not having the front plate...d'oh!
Actually I think you two got into it over resale value of track v. touring ... either that or just the general merits of track v. touring. I noticed because both of you (as is everyone else here) are so civil here and I was surprised to see the (minor) flame war over there. I guess there is just something in the water at zcar.com.
Old 06-08-2002, 05:17 AM
john0213

Originally posted by exsilio
surprise?
so u mean that red face retard is nissan!? lol~
Old 06-08-2002, 05:23 AM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Originally posted by robbyn

Actually I think you two got into it over resale value of track v. touring ... either that or just the general merits of track v. touring. I noticed because both of you (as is everyone else here) are so civil here and I was surprised to see the (minor) flame war over there. I guess there is just something in the water at zcar.com.
robbyn,

Gee, ex and Bonz over there got into each other. Both of them sound so normal here. Never heard either of them raised a voice here. This place much be either a church, a country club, a musium or something, bring the best out of everyone.
Old 06-08-2002, 09:32 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Well, we really didn't "get into it" I guess. He was just posting his opinion on the merits of getting a base vs a track. He mentioned something about resale value and I responded, but it was a very gentlemanly exchange...no flaming.

Hey excilio, I had forgotten about the licence plate issue! Were you using your same name back then. If I'd have known it was you I would have been a lot more offensive man!

Me and another guy also "got into it" but I don't know who he was. He said he was an attorney and I think he is also registered here. Now THAT one was a little more heated. Hey counselor, if you are here, let me know so I can apologize...NOT.
Old 06-08-2002, 08:07 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Here is the latest from ZISME.

I posed this question to him:

"ZISME, can you at least tell us IF the first commercials/ads for the 350Z will contain the final specs? (i.e. you don't have to say what they are, and you don't have to tell us when the ad/commercial will be released).

Also, how bout a hint as to what method Nissan will use to let us hungry preorderers in on the BIG SECRET! "

He replied with:

"Ad campaign starts in Sept. so final specs will not be the story. Hint: Don't change your address."

So it looks like no commercials during the NBA finals or 4th of July either. Also, looks like something sent to us via US mail!

Quick Reply: NEW info from ZISME