Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Daytona Blue--- Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 06:53 PM
Reb1281

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytona Blue--- Opinions

At around sunset I saw a Daytona Blue Track parked at Massapequa Mall near me. I've always had mixed feeling on blue because of pictures. In life, the color looks much more appealing. In sunshine it appears very bright, with help from the metallic flake. Later on during sunset and night it appears very deep and reflective. I'm a CS owner, though I wanted SB(maintenance and other issues caused me to back off). Seeing DB Z's in person has been making me question my color choice. How do you guys feel about this color? Does it seem lacking in class, or is it a perfect balance of silver(sparkling in the sunshine), and black(beautifully deep and shiny at sunset/nighttime)?? I'd like to thank you all in advance for any responses.
Old 05-01-2004, 06:58 PM
theSmoothDome

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I went back and forth between DB and LS. In fact, after test driving the Z, I told the salesguy to order me a DB. For some reason, the idiot didn't want to take any money from me. He gave me the "I'll just call you if one comes in to your specs" BS. About a week later, I decided that the LS was just a little sharper. Another salesperson was glad to take my money and place the order. Go figure.

To this day, I wonder what it would be like to have a DB in my garage. Maybe I'll buy a DB coupe just to have one and quench the desire. It's definately beautiful
Old 05-01-2004, 07:14 PM
Bertg

I love the DB color. Like you said, in the sunshine it looks really bright - especially when it's newly waxed! I'm glad I chose it over Silverstone.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:13 PM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

need I say more?

Bat™

Old 05-01-2004, 08:28 PM
fuzion

bluebatmobile - ur car is friggin sick.

is that veilside v1 lip?
Old 05-01-2004, 08:35 PM
Reb1281

Originally posted by Blue Batmobile
need I say more?

Bat™

Absolutely beautiful. Those pictures do the color justice. I have trade up to a DB track!
Old 05-01-2004, 08:50 PM
DiRN

The first 350 I ever saw was a DB. It was around 10pm in the middle of NYC. I stood silently and watched it the whole way down the block. Aside from SB (what I have) it is my favorite still-in-production color.
Old 05-02-2004, 12:42 AM
apsilon

My totally biased opinion is DB is the best colour on the Zed. I ordered mine without having seen the colour (had seen all of the others) and as soon as I saw it I knew it was absolutely the right choice.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:02 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like our DB.
Old 05-02-2004, 05:53 AM
KJY9

I'll have to say that DB is the most eyecatching color in the Z.
That being said, I think Brickyard is the classiest.
Too bad they don't make BY Z's anymore
Old 05-02-2004, 07:19 AM
cehome

DB definately catches your attention. Thing is that color is a ***** to keep clean. It's like black. Looks good clean, but looks dirty quickly
Old 05-02-2004, 08:33 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If we did not already have a blue vehicle, I would have bought the DB.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:27 AM
Pusha Z
Banned

DB Zs always looks strange in pics to me, dull like, but this one I felt like they finally captured the beauty and thickness of Daytona Blue.

In person the color is stunning, and thats how I made my decision
Old 05-02-2004, 11:33 AM
Reb1281

Originally posted by cehome
DB definately catches your attention. Thing is that color is a ***** to keep clean. It's like black. Looks good clean, but looks dirty quickly
I was under the impression that DB doesn't get dirty quickly. The fact that it is metallic should hide the swirl marks, though. DB owners, how is the maintenance? Nowhere near as bad as black hopefully.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:41 AM
boma

Anyone remember Electron Blue for Honda Civic Si?
That one was everyone's favorite because it was a good looking but especially because it was a unique color, and anytime you see a blue Civic it had to be an Si (when it first came out).

Even though there's a lot more blue cars on the road now, The Daytona Blue Z reminds me of that and I think it makes the car look more expensive than it is. It kinda puts the exclamation point on the Z.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:34 PM
mplc

It was actually my 3rd color choice.

1. Super Black
2. Chrome Silver
3. Daytona Blue
4. Lemans Sunset
5. Red

But, all subjective, that's why there is more than one color.

Any color Z is awesome and no matter which you choose, you will wonder if you should have gotten a different color.
Old 05-02-2004, 03:03 PM
lemans

IMO Daytona Blue stands out among the z colors when you see them all in the sun at same time. Nice color that stands out. Very noticeable. But all the other Z's look nice too. just individual preference
Old 05-02-2004, 03:56 PM
drdisco

Not sure if I posted my opinion on this forum or another, but my take is this. The color is awesome, and I love how it changes in different light, but it is an extremely visible color. You can see it coming from a mile away, and so can the cops. I was also afraid that because it stands out so much, it would be a big target for vandals and thiefs in a parking lot. The probability of getting the car keyed would likely be much greater. I would go insane if I came out and found my car had been vandalized.
Old 05-02-2004, 04:28 PM
bodayguy

I had a midnight blue sports car about eight years ago. Was a nice color then, but I don't think it would qualify as a more popular color nowadays.

Black, white (yeah, white!) and gunmetal silver are my favs for the Z.
Most surprising color I liked in person more than in pics was red, especially on the roadster.

Car color trends are very interesting to study and the popularity of certain colors often pertains to political or social factors going on at the time.
Notice how around the turn of the century, silver became really popular. I think that related to the interest in technology and the future.

Notice, too, that since 9/11, black has grown in popularity (reason obvious).

It appears that silvery light blue is a hot color this year, which I think shows growing, but guarded, optimism in society.
Old 05-02-2004, 05:01 PM
ml2316

there's a db that parks on my street every day. imo, db and ss are the most impressive colors on a z. between those two colors, i think it depends how much attention you want to attract, db being a brighter color. for all around appearance, maintenance, subtlety (if you don't want to be as flashy) i would probably rank cs as the best though.

btw, i saw a picture of a cs with tinted headlights the other day, which is something i hadn't seen before, and that looked pretty nice as a very minor appearance mod for a cs.

Quick Reply: Daytona Blue--- Opinions