Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

No longer a Z owner.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 12:01 PM
julian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was really itching for that car and then I took 2 separate test drives (the second one was 45 minutes) and now not sure if i can live with it day to day. for a track car or if i lived in a state with smoother roads than michigan, it's an easy yes. one other bugged me about the engine. the revs fall too slowly between shifts, and i was just shifting casually. part of it was getting used to the clutch/throttle timing since the throttle is so responsive, but the revs definitely fell slower than i expected. especially for a short throw linkage... 6 speed close ratio no less. i also wasn't quite sold on AWD for a road track car.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:09 PM
ZON

how much did you get for the Z?
Old 05-06-2004, 08:51 PM
chemismailife

sexy car man, but i'd prefer the evo because of the looks
Old 05-06-2004, 08:57 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by throbbing_Zon
how much did you get for the Z?
26K with 24K miles. It was IMMACULATE though...
Old 05-07-2004, 10:21 AM
phreezee

Hey Droid, watch your engine for a pinging problem. I have 2 friends with STi's and both have had the problem and they always use premium fuel. Supposedly it's a common problem, but warranty isn't a problem because it is very obvious/noticeable if it starts to happen.

People who make fun of the STi need to shut the F@ck up and go for a test drive.

Congrats on the car, and I totally understand your motives. Thinking about trading in my Z also.

Last edited by phreezee; 05-07-2004 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:28 PM
J Ritt

Droid,
Give us some feedback after you've had that thing on a road course. I thought about the Evo and STi, but I don't know if I can give up RWD. I'd like to hear some impressions of how the car feels/handles on track. I got a ride in an STi at an autoX, and it is definitely impressive. The thing has boatloads of torque throughout the range, and it rockets out of second gear corners. It is a fast, fast car stock.
I just wonder whether I would be as happy with AWD. I love having to balance the car with the throttle when driving hard. I feel like with the Evo and STi, you have a lot more freedom to get sloppy and just mash your way out of corners (sort of like a FWD)...not as much finesse. I'd love to get some feedback from someone that's seen both sides of the coin though. Thanks, and good luck with it!

I've had much better luck with my preorder Z than you have (no problems at all actually), so I still love it.