Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Z got hit this morning...........

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 08:54 AM
Z CRUZN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Z got hit this morning...........

Was so *****d I couldn't see straight - I've calmed down a bit now. Some yahoo decided to start backing up from a stoplight as I was making a left turn behind him - happened so quick that all I could do was yell as the bumper on his Mitsubishi Mighty Max smashed into my driver's side. $2500 estimate (had it done already) - he was noted on the report as at fault, so now go pickup official report tomorrow morning, call his ins. company and squabble for a bit, then get it fixed. What a pain.....
Attached Thumbnails My Z got hit this morning...........-hit-2.jpg  
Old 05-03-2004, 08:58 AM
Bertg

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Some drivers are just idiots and should not be allowed to drive. Don't worry, your Z should be good as new.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:46 AM
havabooz

nasty....replcing the parts or fixing them?
Old 05-03-2004, 09:52 AM
jovasi

Looks borderline replaceable. If they decide to repair it, they'll be using a lot of mud.

p.s. I like the wheels
Old 05-03-2004, 09:53 AM
EL Diablo

Sorry to see it.
No damage to the Rim.

Your Z will look good as new
Old 05-03-2004, 10:40 AM
benzz280

i feel for you man
i had a close call this morning with a GRANNY!!!
Lucky me it was only a CLOSE call...
Drive carefully and open your eyes twice as big when u drive the Z!!!
Old 05-03-2004, 10:45 AM
DiRN

Someone backed in my friend's car last night. Damn. Hopefully this won't become an ongoing theme.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:47 AM
FairladyZ

off topic: but those wheels look so good.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:59 AM
mickey

Sorry to see the hit on your Z. With so many mods listed on your sig., your Z is certainly being babied, so it's gotta feel like crap right now.

Did you cuss the crap out that idiot who caused the damage? I remember my 300ZX got side swipe by a senior citizen who can barely got out of his car to examine the damage, I was so mad at myself for not being defensive enough.

I pray daily to Car God to keep my Z safe. Extra prayer will go out to your Z.

Rgd,
Mickey
Old 05-03-2004, 12:44 PM
alexj74

You should get that quarter panel and side skirt replaced. It will be just like new if you bring it to a good bodyshop. Dont get it fixed unless they can pull it back out. Do not let them fill it with crap....... If KY is an at fault state you should get your Z back to new without dishing out a penny. Also don't settle for less than OEM parts. Good luck
Old 05-03-2004, 01:53 PM
Z CRUZN

Default Thanks all.........

for the comforting words. I can't begin to tell you how defensively I drive!! This thing was so out of the blue and happened so quick. I just barely made out what was happening when it happened - was making my left at about 5 mph and caught the rear end of the truck out the corner of my left eye as it was in reverse pulling back from a red light - I couldn't believe it!! By the time I yelled and hit the horn he had already hit - I about sh*t - ha! I do believe in my younger years I would've completely gone postal on the guy & ended up in jail.... I did let him have an earful then just leaned back on the car & waited for the police to show up.

Here's something that is kinda funny.....As I was yelling at him right after it happened, he was all "I'm sorry, man." Then when the officer showed up, he asked what happened (I wouldn't let him move his truck til the man showed). When the officer asked, I immediately told him what happened. The officer then turned to the guy who hit me and asked for his version of what happened - the yahoo said "Without my attorney present, I would rather not talk." I about popped another gasket but before I could go off, the officer told him he better tell his side of it or he'll be listed as an "uncooperative participant." Finally said he was backing up and hit me. Then changed his story again when the officer questioned him 1-on-1 in the cruiser - officer said that he said when he heard my horn he stopped and my car must have gone sideways into him - funny stuff. The officer thought so too and listed him at fault.

Yes, KY is a fault insurance state - no deductable from me if no blame. As soon as I get the official report tomorrow morning you'll know I'll be on the phone to his insurance company claim office - it's a reputable insurance co. - Farm Bureau & my State Farm agent said they rarely have any problems with them - same was said at the shop that's going to do my work. My agent said that if they do give me any grief, just call him and they'll handle it as it's being repaired. Speaking of repairs....the shop I'm going to does have experience with Z's. Gonna do a new OEM rocker panel and rear quarter - no repairs. While there, I got to see an '03 in progress. It was in a big accident - no one was hurt, but the Brickyard came in in pieces (saw pics). $16 - 18k in damages - driver side, front & rear demolished, but no frame damage. They had the new skin on & it looked like they knew what they were doing - makes me feel good! Well see.....
Old 05-03-2004, 05:13 PM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh no, my twin. I knew something was not right today. Sorry about the damage.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:31 PM
Silverstone_350

that woulda been my train of thoughts if I were ever in this situation... anyways hope everything goes well for you without any problems
Old 05-03-2004, 05:54 PM
Z CRUZN

Default VandyZ.........

Adam - If you felt a twinge around 9:30 this morning (your time) that's what it was..........I know how twins are. A really bad day today for sure - thought I was gonna have a coronary the first 2 minutes after it happened - I was soooo *****d - ha! Found a good shop so we'll see what happens. Thanks! Gotta get a nice welcome home gift for her after the surgery........Hmmmmm.....
Old 05-03-2004, 05:59 PM
exoticxbabyx350

Default Re: My Z got hit this morning...........

Originally posted by Z CRUZN
Was so *****d I couldn't see straight - I've calmed down a bit now. Some yahoo decided to start backing up from a stoplight as I was making a left turn behind him - happened so quick that all I could do was yell as the bumper on his Mitsubishi Mighty Max smashed into my driver's side. $2500 estimate (had it done already) - he was noted on the report as at fault, so now go pickup official report tomorrow morning, call his ins. company and squabble for a bit, then get it fixed. What a pain.....
im sorry to hear what happened. that completely blows!
as long as the damage wasnt as bad as this:

Old 05-03-2004, 07:16 PM
nitrousoxidex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice wheels Z CRUZN. Best wishes to your Z...
Old 05-03-2004, 07:25 PM
crayons

Glad the officer saw through that other guy's bullsh*t story . I would have been pretty angry if he began contesting who was supposed to be at fault.

I just had my rear right fender repaired too; it's good to have the car perfect again, I'm sure you'll enjoy the day you get your baby back from the shop .
Old 05-03-2004, 07:44 PM
tclchicago1

sorry to hear that man....