Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Austin meet....6pm for some out of towners?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 04:09 PM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Austin meet....6pm for some out of towners?

This was posted in another thread but opening one so others might see it and come out.

6pm seems good for those that were in the other thread. Seems like D&B's is the place to go.

If any changes need to be made, I don't have any problem with the time or place for Sunday, although Sunday morning would be harder for me.

For those interested, three of the cars should have the XPel clear bra installed from the day before and you can judge for yourself.
Old 10-02-2002, 07:32 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

I'll be there. It would be great if some of the new guys that expressed interest would show up. Hopefully, Glenn will get his car.

I want to see those installs.

JD
Old 10-03-2002, 02:43 AM
Old Skooler

6 PM this Sunday...got it. Where's Dave and Busters at?

-the 350Z Freak formerly known as Matt Lush
Old 10-03-2002, 06:53 AM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Northeast corner of 183 and MoPac (Loop 1). I'm not sure if I-35 to 183 would be faster than I-35 to FM 1625 (that may not be the right number but it turns into Loop 1). It has been awhile since I lived in Austin.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:33 AM
jran76

It's 1325, if you are coming from the north, take the 1325 exit (exit 250), and stay on 1325 (changes to loop 1/Mopac) south, and exit 183 North, D and B is right there next to a Circuit City. If you are coming from the south, exit 183 North, and you can exit Mopac (Loop 1) North, and follow the Braker sign, and make a U-turn back to D and B.

I will try to make it.... Sunday 6pm????
Old 10-03-2002, 03:34 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

jran,

Hope you can make it. You missed several meets in the past few weeks.

Don't forget about the Hill Country drive next weekend with the S2K folks.

See you Sunday.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:27 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

I haven't seen a post from Glen. Does anyone know if he got his car? I really do want to see that color.

jran,

Good to see your back in town. I hope you can make it out Sunday.

JD
Old 10-03-2002, 07:53 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Originally posted by articfury
I haven't seen a post from Glen. Does anyone know if he got his car? I really do want to see that color.

JD
Derek,

He didn't. Glen is going through the same drama I did a month ago with South Point. See his post here => https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....9671#post79671
Old 10-04-2002, 10:41 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Oh, that sucks, Al. I wonder why Southpoint has problems like that.

I spoke shortly with one of the door guys at D&B today. Seems like we will be ok for the get together.

JD
Old 10-04-2002, 10:46 PM
jeffrey

Where in "Hill Country"?

Just curious since I technically live in Hill Country.

I'll be joining these meets (hopefully) when I get my Z in late Dec/early Jan.

I guess I could always come on my bike or in my WRX.
Old 10-05-2002, 05:51 AM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Hill Country Drive

Hope the link works above but it will give you the info for next weeks drive.
Old 10-05-2002, 12:24 PM
Bishop_Tx

Default I'll be there but...

without the Xpel kit on my car...

I have already seen the kit installed on a Maxima and decided to wait until I see it on a Z...seeing it in person has given me some concerns about putting it on my car...

and given what Mike in San Antonio is charging, $900++, I'm less than sold on the idea. Mine not being a daily driver I'mm not so sure it's a good option.

Issues I noticed with the clear bra installed on a Maxima SE - the bra has been on for about 9 months and was put on the car immediatley after purchase - the Maxima was the metalic gold color.

1. Dirt and grime build up on and around the seams. Horrific. Car owner said it required nearly daily cleaning with a toothpick or the car looked like it had dirt pinstripes on it..

2. There were places where rocks had hit the film. Now while ther was no damage to the paint, the fact that I COULD TELL that a rock had hit the 3M material is a flaw. Indentations, imperfections in the material, cuts etc were visible.

The owner was dissatisfied with the value the film provided, primarily because there is no way to repair the film, it must be replaced. If it were a few rock chips in the paint, the entire bumber could be repainted for 1/4 the price.

3. The film's presence was more visible in person that I expected it to be, a lot more. This may be due to points #1 and #2 but nonetheless seeing the real thing in person made me very skeptical.

Chris
Old 10-05-2002, 12:53 PM
Old Skooler

Hmmm...interesting, Bishop.

munckee: I just came back from that dealership with the Z sitting up front, despite the fact that it's United LEASE dealership, they told me the car is for sale. Price? 42,000 or best offer. (I tried not to snicker too hard in front of the guy....) At any rate, it's locked now, I couldn't sit in it. (Didn't bother asking.) Apparently the owner of the place found it somewhere, the salesman has no idea how he acquired it. Personally, I wouldn't be interested in for two reasons: One, it's FILTHY. It's sitting out right by the highway and is dusty as hell, and parked right next to other cars and stuff. It's not exactly being cherished. Two, it's already got the front license plate mounted on it! Which, of course, looks terrible.

I'm glad they had it though, as it's the first Chrome Silver I've seen in the flesh! (er, metal?) I'm quite happy with my color choice...bring on November!!
Old 10-06-2002, 02:17 AM
gmoneyr1
Charter Member #47

Default I got my car today!!!

Originally posted by articfury
I'll be there. It would be great if some of the new guys that expressed interest would show up. Hopefully, Glenn will get his car.

I want to see those installs.

JD
Hey Dude,

I got my car today!!! OMG this car rocks!!! I don't have a digital camera but I'll be there at Dave & Buster tonight around 6:15 p.m. I'm happy and pissed all at the same time. Now you know how we've been talking about now allowing the dealership to install the front license plate bracket right???? Well, as luck would have it those bastards at South Point Nissan had already installed mine before I could get there to stop them. I told them no less than two weeks ago not to install it.... I'm ****ing pissed about that but it's a moot point now. Oh well, I removed it and now I have two little holes in my bumper....

Still a kick *** car though... I'll see you guys at the meet this evening...

Glen a.k.a. Gmoneyr1

PPW (charcoal leather)/Touring/Aero pkg (without front air deflector... long story)
Old 10-06-2002, 04:36 AM
Bishop_Tx

Default Weather

Thunderstorms are supposed to be in the Austin, San Antonio area around 6pm. >80% of rain.

Do we want to do this much earlier? I think we do.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/detail/78728
Old 10-06-2002, 05:51 AM
gmoneyr1
Charter Member #47

Default Re: Weather

Originally posted by Bishop_Tx
Thunderstorms are supposed to be in the Austin, San Antonio area around 6pm. >80% of rain.

Do we want to do this much earlier? I think we do.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/detail/78728
I think we should as well. I'm at work but I can break away for a hour or so.. I can make it around 2:30 p.m. if anyone else wants to...

Gmoneyr1
Old 10-06-2002, 11:37 AM
jran76

??? What's the deal, 6pm?
Old 10-06-2002, 12:31 PM
Old Skooler

I dunno, it's looking fairly nice outside, but I don't have my Z yet so my opinion don't count for much. I'll still be there at 6 just in case anyone shows up.

Quick Reply: Austin meet....6pm for some out of towners?