Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 01:55 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice! I actually like those a lot.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:51 PM
azjimbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great.I will eventually get those for mine in some type of orange to bring some color to the mostly black interior.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:17 AM
MRfire

Ya got a link to where they can be purchased??
Old 05-13-2004, 10:42 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by MRfire
Ya got a link to where they can be purchased??
http://www.wetokole.com. Take your time on the site. It's not real user-friendly. You probably won't find the Z logo on the site. I ended up attaching a picture from their own gallery to tell them what I wanted. My seats are the "Euro-style Half pipe." You could probably send one of my pictures and they'd get the idea. They can accomodate side-airbags, too.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:34 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by ThoughtZ
westpak when's the next time your going to be in the Tampa area i'd really like to see these up close. Wouldn't by any chance being going to NOPI or HIN this weekend would you?
Unfortunately not, it is in the shop after a meeting with a curb really hard. probably will not have it until next week.

I got mine from http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merch...egory_Code=WSC
Old 02-08-2006, 06:59 AM
jdg345

I'm thinking about doing this in blue/black on a DB Roadster ... not for heat (since I already have Frost), but to help keep the seats clean ... now that some time has past, what do you think about your decision?
Old 02-08-2006, 07:18 AM
KenWH

I can vouch for Wet Okole also...I had them in my show truck. Good folks to work with...in fact I had a problem with the center console cover not fitting right. They had me send them some dig. pics and what I thought needed changing and they re-did the pattern to my specs. They ended up keeping my changes and applying them to all 03 and up Dodge Ram consoles.

Unlike a wetsuit...these seat covers are not lined/insulated. Neoprene by itself breaths very well and is not hot. My wetsuit I wore when i used to ride pwc's in the fall/spring was hot to wear even when floating in cold water.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:23 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 207 Likes on 154 Posts

Forgive my ignorance, but I'll ask anyways. How well does neoprene hold up after repeated use? I know that wet suits and knee/ankle braces made of this material can stretch and rip and wear down pretty badly. I imagine it'd be the same with a car seat.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:24 AM
jdg345

Originally Posted by KenWH
I can vouch for Wet Okole also...I had them in my show truck. Good folks to work with...in fact I had a problem with the center console cover not fitting right. They had me send them some dig. pics and what I thought needed changing and they re-did the pattern to my specs. They ended up keeping my changes and applying them to all 03 and up Dodge Ram consoles.

Unlike a wetsuit...these seat covers are not lined/insulated. Neoprene by itself breaths very well and is not hot. My wetsuit I wore when i used to ride pwc's in the fall/spring was hot to wear even when floating in cold water.
I was actually wondering about how insulated they were and how they handled (and/or would be affected by) the seat heaters. I guess they will be just fine. Like you, I found my wetsuit to get rather hot after awhile ...
Old 02-08-2006, 07:29 AM
jdg345

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
Forgive my ignorance, but I'll ask anyways. How well does neoprene hold up after repeated use? I know that wet suits and knee/ankle braces made of this material can stretch and rip and wear down pretty badly. I imagine it'd be the same with a car seat.
My wet suit was pretty durable ... even after quite a few dives with students kneeling in rubble and sand ... and my knee brace is still going strong after 3 years of [ab]use ...

Soo ... dunno ... I'd also think the seats don't take such a beating like this other stuff?

I like the look, and want to keep the leather clean, but going from frost to a Blue/Black Seat Cover seems counter-productive in the heat-combating department.

Decisions decisions ...
Old 02-08-2006, 09:11 AM
TeCKNeiC

Beautiful, I should probably pick some up before I leave Hawaii.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:16 AM
KenWH

As far a durability goes...i never had a problem with mine. No rips, tears or busted seams...however they are not in the same league as the toughness of a wetsuit. Being lined and using heavy duty stitching a wet suit is made to take a lot of abuse.

If you dig much on the Wet Okole site they tell you to use their cleaner/conditoner every so often. You can also use the stuff at your local dive shop they use on wetsuits. They say the more you clean the seat covers...the better. I did mine a couple times per year.

Their site will also tell you bright/rich colors will fade a bit...my windows were tinted(20% film) plus I kept the truck in a garage so I didn't have a problem with the bright red center on my covers fading. If you keep the car outside alot or it's a vert...you may have a bit of fading.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:20 AM
AndyS

Never thought I would see Wet Okole seats is a Z, that company is really popular w/ the Jeep Wrangler crowd. They look good and should stand up to a good amount of abuse.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:50 AM
ecorona6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

subscribing....I need some seat covers for my Xterra!
Old 02-08-2006, 12:40 PM
showstoppertk

I've owned about 3 sets of these covers in different vehicles so I have some experience with them. the fit is usually very good and they don't get hot. however a word of caution. do not get the universal fit type as they are extremely poor quality. I had a set of universal fit for the front of my 4runner and they looked worn and stained within 1 year. so make sure to get the custom fit ones. also make sure to use the UV conditioner every couple months as they can and will start to fade on you (especially the dark colors). don't think that because these are made of neoprene, they are all that rugged. if you don't clean them after you sit on them wet or while sweating, you will get sweat and water stains. also don't stick them in the washer regardless of what the instructions say about putting them in a netted bag prior to. every time I've tried doing this something (one of the clips) gets snagged on the agitator and ends up ripping up the cover. I think these are great if you just want to protect your stock seat, however they do require constant care if you want them to look good and last.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

i wish they could make them completely red.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:33 PM
jdg345

Originally Posted by showstoppertk
I've owned about 3 sets of these covers in different vehicles so I have some experience with them. the fit is usually very good and they don't get hot. however a word of caution. do not get the universal fit type as they are extremely poor quality. I had a set of universal fit for the front of my 4runner and they looked worn and stained within 1 year. so make sure to get the custom fit ones. also make sure to use the UV conditioner every couple months as they can and will start to fade on you (especially the dark colors). don't think that because these are made of neoprene, they are all that rugged. if you don't clean them after you sit on them wet or while sweating, you will get sweat and water stains. also don't stick them in the washer regardless of what the instructions say about putting them in a netted bag prior to. every time I've tried doing this something (one of the clips) gets snagged on the agitator and ends up ripping up the cover. I think these are great if you just want to protect your stock seat, however they do require constant care if you want them to look good and last.
Can you recommend a good UV Shield Product? If I go with the black/blue, I don't want it to fade.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:00 PM
showstoppertk

you can buy it directly from wet okole. it comes in a spray on bottle and I'd just make sure to give the whole seat a good coat every couple months. also make sure to use a sunshade (and I hope you have tint) to avoid direct sunlight on your covers.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:08 PM
jdg345

Originally Posted by showstoppertk
you can buy it directly from wet okole. it comes in a spray on bottle and I'd just make sure to give the whole seat a good coat every couple months. also make sure to use a sunshade (and I hope you have tint) to avoid direct sunlight on your covers.
Have Tint, Limo ... but it's a ZR ... sooooo ...
Old 02-08-2006, 04:42 PM
nicolaycastro

I feel I have traveled back in time!!!

Way to revive a thread

Quick Reply: Scuba Seats from Hawaii!!