Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Got into a small accident w/ the Z

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 02:06 PM
shinz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Got into a small accident w/ the Z

My front bumer is cracked and scratched all over, need to replace it. The SUV that hit me came out with a bent license plate =(. There were 3 people in their car, but 0 out of the 3 could speak english...great. After arguing with someone translating for them, i decided it was pointless so we just parted ways. They had no objection since there was no damage to their car. I get into my car, turn on the a/c but the a/c isn't working, just a bunch of hot air comes out =(. Have to get that checked out.

Main question for you guys:

Would it be better to get a new bumper or should I use this as an excuse to get a body kit? What kits out there replace the bumper rather than just a lip addon?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:07 PM
trackstar

Why the **** would you just leave without calling the cops or at least getting their insurance info (yeah right).
Old 05-12-2004, 02:48 PM
superstuddc27

maybe it's not only your front bumper. your radiator might be jacked up... cause the AC isn't working. you should have gotten their license # and cops and stuff
Old 05-12-2004, 02:56 PM
Jetpilot718

The NISMO one is nice, full front bumper... check this site out: www.hopupracing.com
Old 05-12-2004, 03:54 PM
SweatyPalm

Holly ****! I agree with trackstar why didn't you call the cops or get his insurance info?
Old 05-12-2004, 04:48 PM
nitrousoxidex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SweatyPalm
Holly ****! I agree with trackstar why didn't you call the cops or get his insurance info?
Probably ShinZ is the one who hit the other car first?
Old 05-12-2004, 04:49 PM
Masterfulks

You should have called the police and let them deal with it.

You're insurance company is not going to be happy sportng the fee that is someone else's fault. If you tell them you let them go, I wouldnt be surprised for your insurance comp to not want to pay, or at least give you some hassle over it.

My Z is in the shop, and has been for one month waiting on a single part. Most 350z parts are made and shipped directly from Japan. If you happen to be needing one of these, then you'll probably be waiting several weeks.

I called Nissan to complain after my dealer said I should. He said it would be much better for the owner to complain since the dealerships try to rush stuff all the time .

He also said that a salesman there owns a Z and had to wait 2 months for a new hatch....
Old 05-12-2004, 05:14 PM
shinz

Not going through insurance on this one, and i didnt want to report the accident to the police. As for who's fault it was, it's debatable, dont really know who was at fault, could be mine, but i don't think it is.

Here's how it happened, my version anyway.

Basically i was in the process of making a left turn into a plaza. The entrance/exit of the plaza can only fit 1 car, but there are about 4 exit/entrances. Anyway halfway into the turn (mid-street) is when the SUV pulled out of the exit. At this point i was stopped in the middle of the street, while the SUV was stopped at the exit of the plaza. The front of my car was partially in front of the SUV. I put the car in reverse so he could get out, but too late, he accelerated.

The exit/entrances of the plaza are kind of elevated from the main road (scratch my bumper all the time there) so i don't think he saw me. The Z is pretty low and he was in an SUV from an elevated point, and the guy was kind of short as well (about 5 feet).

On the plus side, i always liked the Nismo kit, maybe this is just the thing to convince me to get one.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:42 PM
jovasi

I'm a claims adjuster for a major auto insurance company. Just wanted to let you know, the other guy was definately at fault for the accident. If you came to a complete stop & then placed your car in reverse in an attempt to back out of his way, but he still continued to pull forward into you, he was at fault. Yep, you should have called the cops right then & there.

As for your insurance company not wanting to pay because you let them go, that's a crock of sh*t. Any states Fair Claims Act would strictly prohibit that.

I would file a claim if I were you. Sounds like possible damage to your radiator & A/C condensor.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:29 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

definitly gonna be more than a bumper, did you notice if the engine temp was running high?
Old 05-12-2004, 11:47 PM
shinz

Engine temp was not running any higher than normal.