2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Friends wife slammed by a 350Z!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 12:53 PM
deviantZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sykikchimp
IT'S THE STATES FAULT@!@!

Consider this.. If the state provided better driving training that included emergency and extreme vehicle handling techniques such as an HPDE would provide, I believe our streets would be safer.

If this young boy was "Looking up" he would have seen the stop sign, and stopped.

Don't just have a baby sitter sit in the car and make the kid drive around for 3 hrs and then give them a license if they dont wreck. The way "driver training" is handled today is rediculous. It's not "driving" training.. it's "Law" training.
The State only does what is determined as needed by the citizens.

If the citizens don't determine that more funding is needed for training programs, then there is very little funding given to these programs. And usually the only people that lobby for such things as this, ie MADD, etc, are looked upon as extremist by much of the remaining population.

It's just like our schools. The schools themselves don't pump out dumbass kids, the public pumps out dumbass kids by allowing the public schools to become so run down and undisiplined. But honestly, no matter how much money you dump into prevention and education, you're still going to have dumbass kids, so why fight the inevidible?

Kids are Kids, you can make them infinitely more intelligent through learning, but wisdom is only gained through the years of living.

Last edited by deviantZ; 04-19-2006 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:09 PM
sykikchimp

I agree wisdom only comes with age.

I don't believe the issue is with stupid people. I believe it's with ignorant people. We are not born knowing how to drive, and I am willing to bet that the vast majority of actual "driving" skill trained in this country is by parents who themselves don't really understand the fundamentals of "good driving". Give any single person a weekend with a professional driver who has taken the time to really understand all the dynamics of driving and they will leave a safer more intelligent driver.

Just because the public doesn't think it's a problem, doesn't mean it isn't a problem.

How many times do politicians pass legislature that polls show the majority of people don't agree with?

Of course there are gonna be a few people that still do 'stupid' things. It doesn't mean they are stupid, just that their action was stupid. If they don't know what is correct, how can you blame them for screwing up?

Sure, he should have been looking for the sign, but if you were never taught HOW to look for signs and obstacles you won't do it.

Everyone should be required to pass a HPDE type training course. - IMO

pls ignore any spelling/grammer.. i'm just hammering out thoughts.

Last edited by sykikchimp; 04-19-2006 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:20 PM
NeoRacer_106

There's been studys done which prove a higher fatality rate among teen drivers. Fact

Originally Posted by deviantZ
So, seeings as this thread is nearly two years old, does anyone know if the kid came out alright?
Old 04-19-2006, 01:33 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Well, I normally don't get involved in these "teens shouldn't have Z's" threads. But this time I'm gonna add my 2 cents. I'm only 16, 17 in a few weeks. Got my first Z a few months before I had my license (parents have to be in the car when you have a permit, they thought it would be a good idea for me to get used to the car before I got my license). Traded that one in about 2 months ago for this one as the last was beginning to have too many annoying problems.

You can say I'm spoiled because my parents bought them. Whatever, where I live is a very wealthy area and it's not at all abnormal to see M3's, S4's, and other very nice cars in high school parking lots. People around here have money, and see no reason not to spend some on their kids.

Just because there are teens out there that crash their cars doesn't mean that we're all like that. The stereotypes are freaking annoying. It's bad enough that the cops around here target young guys in nice cars, we don't need targeting by fellow car enthusiasts too. Give it a rest.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:50 PM
ohSIXz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i plan on putting a bullet through my head on my 40th birthday.
by looking at all the "statistics" and "averages", looks like im gonna be a MAJOR DOUCHEBAG when im older. (quoted words are a pun, same used when dissing teen drivers)

i dont hate old people, i dont like them either. i REALLY hate young kids (especially babies tho...). im living my anti-social life one day at a time, but i have an amazing car to have memories with.

if i was to live past 40, i wouldnt be able to push the clutch on my Z.

I HOPE DEATH COMES SOON, IF ARROGANCE GROWS WITH AGE LIKE SOME OF YOU.

also in this day and age where everything is done for us, all that really sets anyone apart from others, IS PHYSICAL STRENGTH. sorry, but we all know its true. i can probably snap a 50 year olds neck much easier than a 20 year old.

p.s - dont read this
Old 06-16-2009, 10:17 AM
TJGILROY

Originally Posted by jovasi
It still amazes me how these parents will drop over 30K on a car for their kid. It's unbelieveable! What kind of message are you sending to your kids by doing this. I'll tell you what message, that they do not have to work for anything. They grow up thinking they are owed these things.

I'll tell you what, I had to work for everything I got as a teenager (car, clothes, shoes, etc.).

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved for my Dad to have bought me an expensive sports car, but come on.
hey bro, it cost my fiance 42k to go to college....this is with combined financial aid and scholarships....i say if the kid earns it to go to school for free, he should be rewarded and if his parents are proud enough to get him a 30k sports car, they're still saving in the long run....it's all about driver experience and a person with a 3 week driving record can't drive regardless...
Old 06-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Mr. D

Holy old thread, Batman!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:26 AM
AdvanZed

Originally Posted by jovasi
It still amazes me how these parents will drop over 30K on a car for their kid. It's unbelieveable! What kind of message are you sending to your kids by doing this. I'll tell you what message, that they do not have to work for anything. They grow up thinking they are owed these things.

I'll tell you what, I had to work for everything I got as a teenager (car, clothes, shoes, etc.).

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved for my Dad to have bought me an expensive sports car, but come on.
How do you know they even paid 30k for their car? Maybe he bought something at an auction from one of the several dealerships closing down for less than 10? The point is who cares how much the father spent. If he had a Honda Civic CRX the same result would've happened except the kid may have died. And I can already see the next few posts saying "yea he should've died."

Get real. I see so many people run stop signs on accident or even on purpose and they're hardly ever teenagers. -.-

Seeing all the "pityme" posts is also an eyesore. "I had to work for this" "I had to buy my own diapers" "Blah Blah" "SOSAD"

Last edited by AdvanZed; 06-16-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:26 AM
norapat01

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
There are 17 year olds who can handle it & some who can't.

Too bad parents can't distinguish which group their kid is in.

Very pleased to hear your friend's wife is okay.
+1
Old 06-16-2009, 10:30 AM
magicballer2001

Originally Posted by AdvanZed
How do you know they even paid 30k for their car? Maybe he bought something at an auction from one of the several dealerships closing down for less than 10? The point is who cares how much the father spent. If he had a Honda Civic CRX the same result would've happened except the kid may have died. And I can already see the next few posts saying "yea he should've died."

Get real. I see so many people run stop signs on accident or even on purpose and they're hardly ever teenagers. -.-

Seeing all the "pityme" posts is also an eyesore. "I had to work for this" "I had to buy my own diapers" "Blah Blah" "SOSAD"

Well I am pretty sure they paid roughly 30k for the car since it was back in 04....this thread is old so i bet that guy isnt on here/active/sub'd to the thread

Last edited by magicballer2001; 06-16-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL at arguing with people from 3 years ago.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:52 AM
TJGILROY

better to add onto a thread than to start a new one....of course that's what i've heard from all the guru's on the forum...
Old 06-16-2009, 11:42 AM
batousai

Here we go again.....*sigh*. Is this going to be another 400+ post thread.

Hope all goes well with the wife's friend.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:44 AM
youngh

how do you not stop at a sign that says stop?
Old 06-16-2009, 11:47 AM
TJGILROY

same reason people stop at a yield sign....
Old 06-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by k2we
Ready for this.... My friends wife was driving to do some shopping the other day when she was hit broadside by a 17 year old in a 5 day old 350Z!! It seems the 17 year old (who has only had his license 3 weeks) ran a stop sign and destroyed both cars!! His father bought him the car as a graduation present... It only had 340 miles on it and it was totaled.. I saw the photo's.. They had to cut the roof off the "Z" to get the driver out. He's in critical condition. My friends wife was in a Lexus and is a bit sore but nothing else.. Now tell me.. What kind of a parent buys there 17 year old a 350Z for a first car??? I hope he's learned his lesson... It could have been a fatal purchase.

Steve (k2we) Dobbs Ferry, NY 20,676 miles since Sept 17,2002
My boy got a 1995 TT supra when we graduated high school..
Old 06-16-2009, 12:04 PM
TJGILROY

and a Paul Walker T-shirt???? lol
Old 06-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Medlin

Originally Posted by TJGILROY
and a Paul Walker T-shirt???? lol
Nice
Old 06-16-2009, 12:15 PM
TJGILROY

hehe
Old 06-16-2009, 01:00 PM
DiscoLiveOpera

A 16 year old girl cut me off last week in her new escalade her parents bought her. Setting on some big old rims, I lay my horn and run into her at the walmart parking lot and pretty much call her a spoiled *****. She cried, but I just told her to go ask her daddy for a new speed boat.

Thats the world though. You can work your *** off 2 full time jobs to get what you desire but there will always be kids that just get it for free. I did not have that luxury. From a ford tempo in high school to a Z at the age of 21, I think I more deserve it.