Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

factory bra

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 05:37 AM
junglist350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory bra

so i have the factory bra, it was given to me as a gift when i bought my car last year, ive used it twice...both for long trips. after i took it off the second time, someone ran a redlight and hit the front drivers fender and bumper and that all got replaced. i guess the bodyshop didnt have any of the clips that come with the bra, so they didnt replace that bolt.

fast forward to yesterday, i get my bra out and start to put it on because im going down to NC today and what do i see? what, no clip? well crap, i'll have to call the dealership to get another one. nope...they dont sell them. I'll have to buy a while new bra to get one of those bolt/clip things that goes in the inner fenderwell to secure the bra if i want to put a bra on my car. well screw that, im not spending $100 for a $.03 bolt/clip thing. i guess im just venting.

does anyone here have one of those thingsthey could sell me? does anyone know if the colgan bra mounts the same way? i could try calling them. I already called NNA, no help from them either. so frustrating.

cliff notes: clip for front bra fell off, need new one to mount front bra, nissan doesnt sell them seperately.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:50 AM
FairladyZ

If you remember what it looked liked and how i worked I am sure you could fabricate something.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:58 AM
junglist350Z

i know exactly what it is, i have one on the passenger side of my car.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:24 AM
jinxxycat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if I'd try replacing that. You mean the clip that holds the edge down by the bottom of the wheel well? How would you attach it? I think they are sewn in...
Old 05-14-2004, 06:39 AM
junglist350Z

Originally posted by jinxxycat
I don't know if I'd try replacing that. You mean the clip that holds the edge down by the bottom of the wheel well? How would you attach it? I think they are sewn in...

im talking about the piece that goes onto the car, not the piece that is sewn onto the bra. the bra is 100% intact. i need the bolt/clip thing that you get with the bra to put onto the car so that you can secure the bra onto the car.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:03 AM
digerydingo

He's talking about a snap. It's a snap with a screw in the middle. What you do is replace two of the body screws in the fender wells right near the light and above it. You then hook the Bra all over the front end using the bendy peices that slip between your body work. In the end you stretch the bra out and snap 2 snaps on each side of the car (4 total) and your front bra is on.

I'm surprised Nissan doesn't sell them. I think that might be BS the dealer is feeding you. It might be listed as a regular part, not connected with the bra in their parts catalogue. Look for screw snap or check with Nissan NA, they might be able to get a part number for you. Otherwise you could check a hardware store. I'm pretty sure the screw is a standard size. Check it out in the service manual and you should be able to find screw snaps somewhere.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:07 AM
digerydingo

This is not a Z but a Saturn Vue. Here he's removing his body rivet (Z uses a screw).
Attached Thumbnails factory bra-saturn_bra_0002_res.jpg  
Old 05-14-2004, 11:08 AM
digerydingo

Here's the screw snap already installed and waiting for bra to be snapped into place.
Attached Thumbnails factory bra-saturn_bra_0001_res.jpg  
Old 05-14-2004, 11:12 AM
digerydingo

They appear to be pretty common, probably don't need to get them from Nissan. Here's another picture of how the snaps look, again not on a Z. Google 'screw snap front bra' and you get all kinds of different companies that pop up.
Attached Thumbnails factory bra-faq_b.jpg  
Old 05-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Sz28r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take the one you still have on the car to any hardware store (home depot, lowes,etc) you should be able to get something really close that will work - - good luck