2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

kickplates!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2002, 03:16 PM
jazmin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kickplates!

omg I am so dumb...

I didn't order kickplates (b/c i didn't kno what they were) and I just read the description on them....

can anyone tell me if that means when my Z comes there will be an ugly black plastic strip where the kickplates are supposed to be? (as opposed to the aluminum kickplates which would cover that up)

...or if i'm not understanding what they are can someone explain please? I'm about to rush there on sunday and see if i can add them in....ahhhh...and also...if my dealer did not mention anything about the "accessories" (i.e. door guards, etc) do u guys think they don't offer them? I was so poorly informed when i placed my order and now i'm mad grrrrrr wish I knew this stuff before
Old 06-09-2002, 03:22 PM
LS350Z
Charter Member #56

Your dealer should definitely have an info packet on all the available options (and on the back of the last page is what accessories the dealers will be carrying). If you can't get them added to your order sometime late summer your dealer should be getting the Z accessories which will include the kickplates, so don't worry too much if you can't add them to your initial pre-order.

I have no idea what they look like without them cause the only pics I've seen is with them (kind of like the navigation system).

With that being said, I can't wait till the accessories come out cause I'll be getting the front air damn, custom fit car cover, and rear seat-back organizer.
Old 06-09-2002, 03:29 PM
jazmin

Thnx for ur response LS350Z

...and seriously i hate those retarded black strips that don't match the body of a car it breaks up the lines and looks so sad sittin there all by itself....I sure hope I can add them in without pushing back my order....
Old 06-09-2002, 03:39 PM
tbcz

jazmin,

Like LS350Z said, I wouldn't worry about it too much, as I'm sure you'll be able to add them later. I have a pic here of the kickplates and what i think is the standard black strip. It really doesn't look bad...it still has the Z logo in it...
Attached Thumbnails kickplates!-plate.jpg  
Old 06-09-2002, 04:13 PM
jazmin

ok not to be redundant but i attached this pix....u see the gray part on the bottom...is that without the kickplates?

cuz that looks plastic to me as opposed to being aluminum
Attached Thumbnails kickplates!-scafremon-22.jpg  
Old 06-09-2002, 04:37 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you are correct. This car doesn't look like it has kickplates. Look at the pic in the previous post. They are shiney aluminum.
Old 06-09-2002, 07:25 PM
tbcz

It's hard for me to focus on anything in that picture. I find myself blinded by that hideous creature giving me the thumbs up.
Old 06-09-2002, 07:27 PM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by tbcz
It's hard for me to focus on anything in that picture. I find myself blinded by that hideous creature giving me the thumbs up.
LOL! Tim you are SO mean! hehehe... Every one of your posts cracks me up...Still laughing...
Old 06-09-2002, 08:34 PM
Scafremon

Originally posted by tbcz

I think that may be ZISME in the picture
Old 06-10-2002, 12:32 AM
BILZ Z

If that's ZISME, hope that the thumbs up means 300HP and 5.2.
Old 07-01-2002, 03:20 AM
crayons

Are you sure the aluminum kick plates accessory will not be full aluminum? In this picture here:

https://my350z.com/photos/350z/350z-050.jpg

the entire kick plate is aluminum.
Old 07-01-2002, 03:24 AM
Jill

Originally posted by crayons
Are you sure the aluminum kick plates accessory will not be full aluminum? In this picture here:

https://my350z.com/photos/350z/350z-050.jpg

the entire kick plate is aluminum.
no, you're right crayons. It's completely aluminum...
Old 07-01-2002, 03:47 AM
tbcz

The black plastic one with the silver Z is the standard kickplate.

The upgrade is all metal. I thought this was pretty clear at the beiginning of this post?
Old 07-01-2002, 03:59 AM
crayons

Sorry about that (maybe I'm just the stupid one here )... I got kind of confused when EngineeringZ said:

The factory kick plates are black plastic only. The upgraded plate will replace the factory version and include a rectangular metal insert with the "Z" logo. The majority of the plate will still be black plastic, but the contrasting material is eye-catching. Very sharp and a must for all proud owners.
I had thought that the kick plate upgrade would be full aluminum, but I just wanted to make sure .
Old 07-26-2002, 05:55 AM
VandyZ

Default Re: The truth

Originally posted by EngineerZ
The optional kickplate is black plastic with an aluminum insert. It is not ALL aluminum. If you don't believe me...wait and see. You'll heard it here first.
So let me ask you, is there a picture in this thread that shows the optional kick plates? (in other words, are the black plastic ones with the chrome Z the optional ones?) You have not said this. If you know why have you not said anything?

Quick Reply: kickplates!