2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Tall Guys in the 350Z - Do U Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 07:42 PM
Leon's Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CONGRATULATIONS

Originally posted by NSANY
Little late to the game, but now that I have my car, I can express an educated opinion...

I'm 6'4", and had never driven the Z until today. Head room is NOT an issue, unless for some reason you decide to crank the seat all the way up (height-wise).

There was actually a Z delivered in CT today, COOL. Many happy miles. Can't wait to join the ranks....

So, looking backwards as a problem, it's doable. If that is the only wrinkle, bring on MY Z!

That's nothing but GOOD news to me.
Thanks NSANY!
Old 10-09-2002, 04:30 PM
rouxeny

Here's Leon's Z sitting in Andrew's Z...

He's 6'4" and I didn't hear him complaining. I guess it may have been tough to talk with that big smile on his face.
Attached Thumbnails Tall Guys in the 350Z - Do U Fit?-img_1145small.jpg  
Old 10-09-2002, 04:30 PM
rouxeny

Here's the amount of headroom he had. It's kind of tough to tell, but about 2-3 inches.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:31 PM
rouxeny

Shoot, forgot to include the pic. Here it is.
Attached Thumbnails Tall Guys in the 350Z - Do U Fit?-img_1146small.jpg  
Old 10-09-2002, 04:42 PM
vicmar90

Nice pics. I see that smile Leon! I love it. What do you think? Do you like? Hope to meet both of you guys on the 20th.
Victor
Old 10-09-2002, 04:44 PM
rouxeny

Hey Victor, I will definitely be there. I just read your post about meeting early somewhere. That sounds like a good idea to me. By the way, I haven't registered, think that will be a problem?

I guess I'll spend most of that Saturday detailing...
Old 10-09-2002, 04:49 PM
Leon's Z

Thumbs up If the Z Fits - DRIVE IT

Originally posted by rouxeny
Here's Leon's Z sitting in Andrew's Z...

He's 6'4" and I didn't hear him complaining. I guess it may have been tough to talk with that big smile on his face.
There is no reason in the world NOT to take this puppy home. That would be me in the picture. If you are questioning whether or not to do this because of your size, I'm here to tell you - JUST DO IT!

Thanks for the "test sit" Andrew. It let's me know that the waiting will be WELL worth it. Also, the good news is that after the test sit, I called the dealer and a Chrome Silver with NAV will be available in about three weeks. It's gonna be mine!

AWESOME!!!
Old 10-09-2002, 05:07 PM
vicmar90

Congratulations Leon.

Andrew, I would love to caravan down with you. Regarding registration, I asked the same question you did and I received an email from Ross (rwilliams@cognizant.com) who apparently is one of the organizers and he asked me to email him my address, year, model, and daytime phone number because he heard alot of people were showing but he had not received many completed registrations. I think he would appreciate if you advised him you would also be attending.

I'm with you on detailing Saturday, however, I probably will do some Friday and finish up Saturday late as my son has a double-header Saturday and I, unfortunately, have been selected to be umpire for both games.

Let me know where and what time you would like to meet as you are closer to Wilton than I am.
Thanks.
Victor
Old 10-09-2002, 09:03 PM
Boomer

Default Re: Tall Guys in the 350Z - Do U Fit?

Originally posted by Leon's Z
Since this car is so rare and there aren't any vehicles out there to test drive, I'm not sure I'll even fit into the one I ordered. I tried to compare the cockpit to similar vehicles (Audi TT), but the Z is the Z, and comparisons are the real deal.

I'm 6'4" tall with long legs (35" inseam). Are there any guys this height or taller who are currently driving and how comfortable are you in the car? I'd hate to be waiting until December only to find out that I can't accept delivery because I don't fit in the car. Let me know.

PS
I searched the archives and I didn't come up with this in some of the earlier threads. if it's out there, please direct me - thanks.
I'm 6'5" and 295 lbs and with some adjustment I fit pretty well.
Old 10-10-2002, 02:22 AM
Leon's Z

Thumbs up If the Z Fits - Drive It

Thanks for the feedback Boomer. Do you have an automatic or the 6 MT? I think the clutch makes a difference. Although I fit with the car standing still, working with the clutch in motion is another matter. I don't think it'll be a problem tho. When I put the steering wheel in the full UP position, it seemed fine.

Last edited by Leon's Z; 10-10-2002 at 02:26 AM.
Old 10-10-2002, 05:38 AM
vicmar90

Andrew, I got an email back from Ross regarding the car show Oct. 20th and he said thanked me for the info. and said I was all set (whatever that means). You may want to email him your info. as well.

Victor
Old 10-10-2002, 05:57 AM
RobJames

What about lumbar support guys? Is the seat back straight, concave or convex in the lumbar region? Also, for the taller guys, do you have to stretch for the wheel when the seat is comfortable or can you put both hands on top of the wheel with your shoulders firmly against the seat? This is the test of whether my back will kill me or not.
Old 10-10-2002, 05:58 AM
Boomer

Default Re: If the Z Fits - Drive It

Originally posted by Leon's Z
Thanks for the feedback Boomer. Do you have an automatic or the 6 MT? I think the clutch makes a difference. Although I fit with the car standing still, working with the clutch in motion is another matter. I don't think it'll be a problem tho. When I put the steering wheel in the full UP position, it seemed fine.
I have the AT, with my size 13s, I'm not sure I could drive the MT because the wheel doesn't go up far enough to get my right leg under it, and I have to **** my leg to the side a little to avoid the wheel. Everything else is fine dimension-wise.

Boomer
Old 10-10-2002, 06:44 AM
chicago350z

i'm 6'5'' 200 with a 35'' inseam. i posted about this earlier. i too, have to put my right leg a little sideways to get under the steering wheel. i can tell you after driving the g35c, that with the seat in the lowest position, the g offers at least an inch or two more headroom than the z. and leg room is at least an inch or two more than the z. the coupes legroom is better than the sedans IMO, but i've seen posts that state the opposite. after sitting in the z and you require more room, get the g35c.
Old 10-10-2002, 06:49 AM
J Ritt

I'm almost 6'4" and I fit with no problems. I even fit with a helmet, and the seat in any position. Yay!
Old 10-10-2002, 06:49 AM
chicago350z

i'm 6'5'' 200 with a 35'' inseam. i posted about this earlier. i too, have to put my right leg a little sideways to get under the steering wheel. i can tell you after driving the g35c, that with the seat in the lowest position, the g offers at least an inch or two more headroom than the z. and leg room is at least an inch or two more than the z. the coupes legroom is better than the sedans IMO, but i've seen posts that state the opposite. after sitting in the z and you require more room, get the g35c.
Old 10-10-2002, 09:35 AM
silvrz5

I dont see how people with longer than 32" inseam feel good in this car. Im 6-2 about 290, and I think this car fits me like a glove, not an OJ glove, but a regular glove. My knees werent hitting the wheel , but i did wish the seat would go back about another inch...... After sitting in this car i got out and sat in a audi tt, sitting about 20 feet from the 350z. I thought before the tt was made for me ..... tons of room,,, Damn I dont remember my knees hitting the wheel like this before?????? I guess the tt is out as well. The 350z is a very snug car IMO. Plus there is little to no room to put anything, ie. groceries, anything u might buy. So for a daily driver this car will be kind of hard to deal with. That is why im really looking at the g35c. Dont get me wrong I really like the 350z I just dont see how taller guys with longer leggs than mine say they fit good in this car. Maybe it is because they really like it and want it, and they are just not admitting they very cramped? I could not blame them thou.
Old 10-10-2002, 12:08 PM
Boomer

Default reprise

Originally posted by silvrz5
I dont see how people with longer than 32" inseam feel good in this car. Im 6-2 about 290, and I think this car fits me like a glove, not an OJ glove, but a regular glove. My knees werent hitting the wheel , but i did wish the seat would go back about another inch...... After sitting in this car i got out and sat in a audi tt, sitting about 20 feet from the 350z. I thought before the tt was made for me ..... tons of room,,, Damn I dont remember my knees hitting the wheel like this before?????? I guess the tt is out as well. The 350z is a very snug car IMO. Plus there is little to no room to put anything, ie. groceries, anything u might buy. So for a daily driver this car will be kind of hard to deal with. That is why im really looking at the g35c. Dont get me wrong I really like the 350z I just dont see how taller guys with longer leggs than mine say they fit good in this car. Maybe it is because they really like it and want it, and they are just not admitting they very cramped? I could not blame them thou.
I really do fit fine with the exception of the wheel being too low. When Japanese car makers started using the lever to adjust the wheel, they lost about 2-4 inches of height and it has been true on all I've tried. I have a special problem because my inseam is 34" but I'm long-waisted at 6'5" so my trunk leaves me looking for headroom too. I am used to sitting like an astronaut in Japanese cars, incuding my wife's Maxima.
Old 10-10-2002, 12:13 PM
RobJames

I'm 6'3", 195. My z32 TT fit me perfectly. It was the most comfortable ride I have ever had. My subsequent Mazda Millenia was a horror story. I could either lean the seat way back to get head room and then have to slump forward to reach the wheel, killing my lower back, or I could ride with the top of my head touching the roof with no room to stretch. I sure hope my Z, set to arrive in a few days, is more like the Z32. I don't mind leaning the seat back like an astronaut if I can comfortably reach the steering wheel without having to completely straighten my arms and arch my back forward.

Quick Reply: Tall Guys in the 350Z - Do U Fit?