Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Tall Guys in the 350Z - Do U Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 12:59 PM
Leon's Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that this is becoming a matter of taste and tolerance. If you can tolerate a little inconvenience, than you can make it work for you. If from a position of a matter of taste - relative to whether or the steering wheel is rubbing your leg or something.

Admittedly, I haven't driven the thing yet, and perhaps when I downshifting into a hairpin curve, my leg, the turn and the wheel screw me up, then I'll sing a different tune, but for now, this works...

And yes, I just want the car.
Old 10-10-2002, 01:48 PM
Boomer

Default Tall Leon

Originally posted by Leon's Z
I think that this is becoming a matter of taste and tolerance. If you can tolerate a little inconvenience, than you can make it work for you. If from a position of a matter of taste - relative to whether or the steering wheel is rubbing your leg or something.

Admittedly, I haven't driven the thing yet, and perhaps when I downshifting into a hairpin curve, my leg, the turn and the wheel screw me up, then I'll sing a different tune, but for now, this works...

And yes, I just want the car.
Leon, just play with the adjustments when you get the car and you'll find a position where you can be comfortable. Its kind of tricky; I know you can sit in the car , but you have to drive it before the sweet spot appears, trust me it will. Let us all know what you think when you've finally got the car.

Boomer
Old 10-10-2002, 04:43 PM
Leon's Z

Default Re: Tall Leon

Originally posted by Boomer
Leon, just play with the adjustments when you get the car and you'll find a position where you can be comfortable. Its kind of tricky; I know you can sit in the car , but you have to drive it before the sweet spot appears, trust me it will. Let us all know what you think when you've finally got the car.

Boomer
Hey Boomer,
Thanks for the vote of confidence. This Board will be knowin RIGHT AWAY...
Old 12-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Chromatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know I'm digging up an old thread here...

But this is a big issue with me,.. I am 6ft,.. so you would automatically think I would fit into most any car.. But I have a VERY long torso. My inseam is 29 inches. IE I buy 35 waist, 29 leg pants. So, sitting my height is more like someone a few inches taller than 6ft.

For example.. when I sit in a Pontiac Solstice .. My head pushes through the convertible top.. I'd need another inch in that car to have head room.

I'm hoping the 350Z has at least an inch more room for head/torso than the pontiac solstice.

I looked online motortrend for "headroom inches" -- and it's not accurate. The reason I know this is because I had a 1991 300ZX and I fit in it perfectly,.. plenty of headroom.. and it's headroom is listed as LESS than the Pontiac Solstice which I do not fit in headroom wise.

The way the 350Z coupe looks with it's shape, it looks like there is 2-4 inches more headroom space than the Solstice,.. just curious if any of you know?

Should I definitely fit headroom wise in the 350Z at 6ft, with a freakishly long Torso.. 6ft with 29" inseam.

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2013, 06:44 AM
radiocrash

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My buddy and I are 6'2, my brother is 6'4. We've all fit in the car comfortably.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:18 AM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

I'm 6'4 and another car owner is 6'5 and we fit fine.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:33 AM
92K1500

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm 6'4" 280lbs and a 32" inseam. I fit just fine with a few inches of room between my head and the roof. I keep the seat all the way back but I sit up a little. You might have better luck with the seat forward some (short legs) and leaned back.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Chromatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys. The 350Z isn't really known as a car (especially the coupe) that won't fit tall people head room wise from what I've gathered.

I think the biggest thing is that the seat power or base (I'm getting a base) has a way to adjust the seat height upward or downward. I'm sure I'll be moving that seat height all the way down.. but,.. I just don't see there being an issue.

Thanks

Last edited by Chromatic; 12-12-2013 at 07:32 PM. Reason: It's a base model.