Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Man o Man, met up with a 12 Sec. RX-7.& WRX

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2002, 07:18 PM
LA-Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Man o Man, met up with a 12 Sec. RX-7.& WRX

I was crusing with my little Bro, who drove his stock WRX down, which I got to race around during the weekend*. (my review down below). Anyway on the 10, hitting 70+ mergering from on ramp and I hear BRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!! I look to my left and in the fast lane is a LOUD RX-7 crusing at around 135+ easy, so I try and play a little catch up, staying at only 105 as I don't want to push it and get stupid (it was late at night, 10 right near PCH, EMPTY.) Anyway he is ghost, I mean GONE, I merge onto PCH and he is still crusing at Mach 1, taking turns and everything. He hits a little traffic, I'm able to come up beside him and I'm tell him "That car is AMAZING". It had body kit, some tasteful interior acces'. and a nice looking body kit. He looks at me for sec. and is like OH MAN, that's the NEW 350Z!! He thought it was a porsche for a sec. Anyway he tells me he runs 12 flat w/the Nitrous in the back, and then takes off again. Some sad *** Camero tries to play keep up, and he gets dusted, first by the RX-7 then by me . Very nice car, couldn't get pics.

The WRX is another fun car, Brakes are not as good as 350Z, body roll is very evident, but AWD is fun. Very different driving style, can't keep it in third on low RPM and still have fun, needs lots of shifting. When those turbos kick in, big rush. The Z feels much faster, and handles/brakes much better. Shifting is very easy in WRX, although launching is a little tough, I didn't get too agressive with it.