2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Recent Order? Please respond.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2002, 12:30 PM
Want-a-Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Order #

Originally posted by donmonn

Did someone say that you can get info from Nissan by giving them the order #???
Donmonn,

I called Nissan 6 days ago (with my order #) just to
confirm that my order was placed correctly (the color was right,
etc.) I have called back since then twice and was given excuses.
I am still waiting for them to give me an answer. I'm not
holding my breath. I am NOT impressed that it takes at least
a week for them just to confirm that an order was placed
correctly.
Old 10-12-2002, 01:30 PM
steval

I placed my order on Sep 21 and I am not sure when the dealer actually ordered it. I called today to see what my order number is and they said W261XXX. I am really confused by this order numbering system. They can't be issuing order numbers sequentially because they aren't making that many Z's It also seems odd for my number to be so much higher than some of yours. My dealer said Nissan told then my Z would be built in Nov/Dec and delivery Jan/Feb. Maybe the order numbers are assigned by geographic area or something. I think I'll call NNA and see if I can find out anything.

Old 10-12-2002, 03:46 PM
okiebones

Yes....I got info regarding production and potential delivery ETA by calling 1-800-NISSAN1 and giving them my order number.
Order # V358xxx here
Brickyard Touring 6MT
Old 10-12-2002, 04:18 PM
lentronic

It takes 80 to 90 days to build from the time your dealer places the order. Relax and wait.
Attached Images  
Old 10-12-2002, 04:28 PM
Scanman

I orderd 9-9-02. The dealer states I was still part of the pre-order program and gave me MSRP on a track.

He says the car should be close to being built at this time and gave me a delivery date of early to mid November.

However, I have recieved nothing from my dealer or Nissan to confirm this.

I only get these trips "upstairs" and then the dealer comes back and says "yep should be here in Nov." Have no idea how he knows that.
Old 10-15-2002, 05:30 PM
WayneTN

Originally posted by Scanman
I orderd 9-9-02. The dealer states I was still part of the pre-order program and gave me MSRP on a track.

He says the car should be close to being built at this time and gave me a delivery date of early to mid November.

However, I have recieved nothing from my dealer or Nissan to confirm this.

I only get these trips "upstairs" and then the dealer comes back and says "yep should be here in Nov." Have no idea how he knows that.
Ordered 9-9-02 and it was a pre-order??? I don't think so. It must be a regular order since preordering was over by 9-9. Don't you think?

WayneTN
Old 10-15-2002, 05:50 PM
WayneTN

Originally posted by kingkong
WayneTN
I called the salesman and requested for order number. - rest omitted to shorten -
Thanks a lot, kingkong. I met with the salesman today and he went through a computer program menu and several screens and filtered out a listing of his Z orders with an Order # beside each one and the codes for the options for each order.

I have Order# W212### and the dealer is now predicting a Dec - Jan delivery. The order was punched in on October 2. They had originally quoted Jan - Mar to me when I asked about deliveries in mid-Sept., but since that was a month ago, maybe they have a better handle on things now. Hopefully it will hit around Christmas/New Year! Still have a long wait though....

WayneTN
Old 10-15-2002, 06:34 PM
bhobson333

Default Order #s delivery dates

Here's the deal, I think this is pretty accurate:

Nissan accepts orders the first week (I was told first 8 days) of every month. If you order after that (or if your dealer's monthly allotment for this month is used up, which he might not admit to you), your order goes in the NEXT month.

The orders placed in the first week of September got a V order number, October manufacturing date. This could mean October 1, it could mean October 31st. Delivery is approximately 6 weeks after manufacturing, keeping in mind that they are shipped in batches. My Z falls in this group: V order number, I expect delivery between November 15th & December 15th, most likely around the end of November.

If your order was placed in early October you should have a W order number with November manufacturing date and delivery mid-December to (worst-case) mid-January.

This is as I understand the process, and this agrees with what a lot of you were told.
Old 10-15-2002, 06:57 PM
bsantini

This is my understanding as well. Latest update from dealer 10/11, no info or VIN yet.

According to current schedules for west coast, the World Spirit leaves Yokohama about 10/30 with arrival LA 11/12. Next boat after is United Spirit, leaves Yokohama 11/20 with arrival LA 12/2. This is latest schedule update but may change due to west coast lockout situation. I keep checking the schedules periodically. Don't know exact info on east coast.

Everybody, hang in there - Z's comin' soon!
Old 10-15-2002, 06:59 PM
zcar70

Lightbulb Great Info folks!

Lots of anticipation out there!

I placed my order October 1, was told to expect a build date sometime in November and delivery in late Jan. / early Feb. Does this sound about right? I am hoping it DOES NOT come before February because we here in western New York have pretty harsh winters and the car would have to sit in my garage until spring. I can handle a few weeks, not a few months!

Any further info on how to track from my dealer or Nissan would be appreciated.

z on!
70 zcar (gold, stock)
78 zcar (blue, modified)
84 zcar (gray turbo, driver)
03 zcar (Enthusiast, LeMans, Feb?)
Old 10-15-2002, 07:03 PM
bhobson333

Originally posted by bsantini
According to current schedules for west coast, the World Spirit leaves Yokohama about 10/30 with arrival LA 11/12. Next boat after is United Spirit, leaves Yokohama 11/20 with arrival LA 12/2.
I'd appreciate it if you could tell me how/where you got that info. I'm east coast and would love to be able to track my shipment.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:13 PM
bsantini

Talking

Not too sure on the east coast schedules but there's some good info if you do a search for east+coast+shipping. The info comes from Hual's website. For the west coast, the link is:

http://www.wls-usa.com/wls-1c.htm

Hope this helps!
Old 10-15-2002, 07:14 PM
michael350

put a dep. on aug 25th. order was placed oct.2. car will arrive late nov.- mid dec.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:24 PM
bhobson333

Originally posted by bsantini
Hope this helps!
Thanks, Bud!
Old 10-15-2002, 07:40 PM
Scanman

WayneT.......I myself raised an eye-brow at what my dealer called a pre-order in 9-9. He did go on to explain that this was the reason I was getting the car for MSRP. Or else he would have been inclined to mark it up he said. After he said that I didnt push the subject any further.

So far I have no reason to disbelieve anything this guy says. Am I sceptical?....yes.
Old 10-16-2002, 02:44 AM
Sz28r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My order was placed Oct. 10th - Order confirmation #W2616XX.

The sales manager sticks to a delivery date of 45-60 days after
order date - I've questioned him more than once and he is confident the Z will be here within that time frame.

They are taking my 2000 Maxima in on trade 40 days after order date and giving me a car to drive until my Z arrives. I can't believe they would give me a car to use for free if they thought my Z wouldn't be here until next year ? ?

Steve
Old 10-16-2002, 07:55 AM
WayneTN

Originally posted by Scanman
WayneTN.......I myself raised an eye-brow at what my dealer called a pre-order in 9-9. He did go on to explain that this was the reason I was getting the car for MSRP. Or else he would have been inclined to mark it up he said. After he said that I didnt push the subject any further.

So far I have no reason to disbelieve anything this guy says. Am I sceptical?....yes.
I think sometimes we know more than the dealers do about the process due to threads like this and the my350Z.com site. We have some things we can learn from dealers about the process and, it seems, that they are also learning from us.

It's threads like this one that pieces the puzzle together better and better and we all benefit from that. Just like bhobson333 said in one of his explanations earlier, "Here's the deal, I think this is pretty accurate." And I think he said it well (see his post above on 10/15/02 at 10:34 p.m. regarding order #'s and delivery dates).

Keep it going guys! We'll get there...
WayneTN

Order# W212###
Expecting mid-Dec to mid-Jan delivery

Last edited by WayneTN; 10-16-2002 at 07:57 AM.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:24 AM
Vlad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you guys just don't go and by the car??? Why to start all this threads about order numbers (I've seen 1000s of them by now)...

My dealer just called today and said he has cansellation for LeMans Touring. I poste it in

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....&threadid=8564

If you are far from Michigan, you can make break-in on your way back. My friend bought one for a MSRP this way. Now he's just laughing reading all that wayining about order numbers comparison. Hes driving his Z instead.
Old 10-16-2002, 12:00 PM
bhobson333

Originally posted by Vlad
Why don't you guys just don't go and by the car???
Because I want a specific car, not just what happens to be available and I also won't pay the mark-up the local dealers are charging. I want to see my Z come off the truck and know what has happened to it, not take a leap of faith that when I get to Michigan it won't have been test-driven by anyone who wants to.

Also, based on your logic:

1 350Z @ MSRP + airline tickets to Michigan + taking off from work + hotel rooms + misc = did you really get it for MSRP?
Old 10-16-2002, 01:33 PM
WayneTN

Vlad pondered and wrote, in part:
Why don't you guys just don't go and by the car??? Why to start all this threads about order numbers (I've seen 1000s of them by now)...
Hey, Vlad..........you know you don't have to read these any more or respond any more. Just move on if it bothers you so much.

Quick Reply: Recent Order? Please respond.