Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Splash Guards a MANDATORY Option???

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 07:59 AM
WashUJon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by WayneTN
After reading these posts, what I think is happening is this. The factory is currently putting splash guards on all cars at some point in the assembly process. The dealer gets the car in and it has splash guards on it whether the person ordered them or not. Then the dealer has a problem. He must either try to milk the buyer to get the extra money (possibly making a customer mad) or agree that they are free since they wern't ordered.

I believe the dealer is just trying to get this money ahead of time so that his customer won't get mad or so he won't have to give them away for free. Then it becomes a bigger situation than just the $20 talked about earlier.

I'd have him show you an NNA spec change in writing - not something he can print up in the back room of the dealership.

My $0.02. Good luck!
WayneTN
Better yet, I'm asking other dealers. If they say the same thing, then I'll ask for the official notice. Its not that big of a deal if the car does have to come with them even though I'm not fond of them, but I don't like the feeling that some a-hole is trying to get an extra 100 bucks out of me. Call me a jackass, but I don't like feeling like someone is taking me for a fool, even about something relatively insignficant.
Old 10-09-2002, 08:41 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by WashUJon
I'm ordering an Enthusiast.
Then the MT should not be an option, the Enthusiast comes standard with the MT and the AT is a ~1500 option.
Old 10-09-2002, 08:55 AM
WashUJon

Originally posted by westpak
Then the MT should not be an option, the Enthusiast comes standard with the MT and the AT is a ~1500 option.
Exactly.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:10 AM
mwr

Question There might be something to this

I have purchased a pre-order that cancelled. I was given the specs for the car, the VIN, and the delivery date. The specs for the order included all options except the splash guards.

The car arrived at the dealer late yesterday and I drove over to take a peek after closing. The car has splash guards installed.

I'm going over later this afternoon to inspect the car and take delivery. I'll let you know this dealers story when I return.

I actually wanted the splash guards but I did not pre-order and selections are few. Two of the four local dealers that I talked to had multiple orders cancelled allowing me at least some selection.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:47 AM
leelinch

Default the RAT is lying to you...

Dont order from these clowns and post the salesmans name and his dealership any chance you get a chance to flame them. Its rare we have the upper hand - so take advantage of it.

About the splash guards, the car looks nice without them. Also, I dont understand how some people here swear by them (ie they will protect the paint) when the car doesnt even come with door body molding. The doors are completely unprotected, unlike about 80% of the cars/trucks out there today. Watch out when parking next to anyone. Never take your car to the grocery store, mall, or Walmart. etc etc.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:48 AM
bhobson333

Default Re: Que?

Originally posted by RxO
Have them show you the memo from NNA stating this.
I have a better idea: 1-800-NISSAN1

They're very helpful and will clear this up for you.
Old 10-09-2002, 06:42 PM
mwr

Smile Splash Guards

I took delivery of my Z today VIN 032XX. It was ordered without the splash guards, they did not appear on the windows sticker, but they were in fact installed on the car.

The dealer didn't mention them and neither did I.

I was purchase a car ordered by somebody else who had cancelled. I actually wanted the splash guards and was planning to add them after getting the car.

Every now and then you get a break
Old 10-28-2002, 08:29 AM
WashUJon

Time to bump this up again-

Any October orders find this to be true? I really don't want them on my car and I don't want them coming magically when I didn't order them. Anyone order this month and told that they HAVE to have them???
Old 10-28-2002, 08:43 AM
Rocket2023

Default Can anyone post pics?

I picked some up from a fellow member. As I went to install them I have some questions.. Can anybody post 2 pics? One showing the front, where the guard is fastened (screws and whatnot)...same for the rear?

Any help would be most appreciated!

thanks!
Old 10-28-2002, 08:49 AM
Sz28r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My order went in Oct. 10th - (W261XXX) - - No mention
of splash guards (I didn't order them) - I really hope
my Z doesn't arrive with them, I like the idea of paint
protection but I persoanlly don't like the way they look
on the car - - it's my understanding if you remove them
you have holes in the inner fenders??
Old 10-28-2002, 04:50 PM
WashUJon

Originally posted by Sz28r
My order went in Oct. 10th - (W261XXX) - - No mention
of splash guards (I didn't order them) - I really hope
my Z doesn't arrive with them, I like the idea of paint
protection but I persoanlly don't like the way they look
on the car - - it's my understanding if you remove them
you have holes in the inner fenders??
These are concerns of mine as well...
Old 10-28-2002, 05:26 PM
CZredZ

Default Honesty

Always remember that if he will lie to you about one thing, he will lie to you about others. (I am not suggesting that a car dealer would ever tell a lie.)

I don't mind the front guards, but I think the rear guards take a little something away from the lines. If they offer real protection to the paint, that could be overlooked.
Old 10-29-2002, 09:06 AM
WashUJon

Default Re: Honesty

Originally posted by CZredZ
Always remember that if he will lie to you about one thing, he will lie to you about others. (I am not suggesting that a car dealer would ever tell a lie.)

I don't mind the front guards, but I think the rear guards take a little something away from the lines. If they offer real protection to the paint, that could be overlooked.
Consequently, I chose not to go with that dealership. However, I'm curious as to whether or not my car will come with splash guards if I don't order them.

I'm going to try another dealer this week and see if I can get past the typical trade-in fiasco. It has been a headache to try and sell my Integra.