Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Im in South Korea right now

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 04:52 PM
Pusha_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hell no im not eating any mahn doo! I heard that they do shady **** to that stuff. Only galbi for me ahaha. I had no idea that Samsung owned so many things here. I know they repped electronics but here theyve got apartment buildings and other stuff that trips me out. and ch@mp, rice to me doesnt mean "asian" it means "rice" as in a car that looks like crap. Try a search on the word rice and im sure you will find many topics about 8 foot Kamikazee-Attack-Shogun-Straife-spoilers and accord blackwidow bodykits forced onto other cars. Yeah about that redlight district, and staying away...... CANT DO HOMIE!! HAHA. I didnt hear about the Maybach getting hit but then again I dont understand the news here. On another note the girls man... the girls. They are so fing hot, its like a car show everyday here! Im heading to Itaewon today to get a digi camera with a couple friends from Boston and Cali. later
Old 06-22-2004, 04:55 PM
Grommit

Alright, thats it! I'm going to visit Korea next week. I miss the food and the women. *Grrrr!*

hmm... gotta find my cousins phone number.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:04 PM
seanrulz

Haha, add another natural-born 100% Korean here. I didn't know there were so many Koreans in this forum.
Anyway, first of all, I think you are the north part of Seoul. If you come to south, Kangnam gu, I guarantee you will see more exotics and high-end German cars than Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills (Of course a little exaggeration ) I live in that "Tower Palace" Someone mentioned above and yes, if you go to the underground parking lot, you will see Ferrari, Lambo Murci, Porches Merceds SL55 AMG, and all kinds of Luxury sedans you can imagine.

And on another, you can see all different JDM Cars in Korea that you can't see in US that often, since Japan is right next to Korea. You still haven't seen any R32,33,34 GT-R's?

And one more thing, there are quite a few Z's out there too, at least more than 10 as far as I know. Most of them are RHD imported from Japan, but they also have some LHD imported from US. But almost none of them were seriously modified tho. (All I've seen were stock)

I can't wait until I finish up modding my Z and take it back to Korea in 2-3 years. (Yes, I won't sell this baby and keep it til it's salvaged) It'll be dope!
Old 06-22-2004, 05:04 PM
stopgo

Originally posted by kcobean
Prestige? He he....You must never have been to Seoul. There are so many cars in that city that people drive on the sidewalks! It was like downtown L.A. without traffic laws That said, I had a blast of a time in S. Korea and would like to re-visit it someday.
Must've been nice to be able to hang out in Seoul.... ya' bastard.

12 months on the DMZ will cure any desire to revisit Korea. That, and the smell. Never got used to the smell.

Scott
Old 06-22-2004, 05:09 PM
seanrulz

Originally posted by Pusha_Z
hell no im not eating any mahn doo! I heard that they do shady **** to that stuff. Only galbi for me ahaha. I had no idea that Samsung owned so many things here. I know they repped electronics but here theyve got apartment buildings and other stuff that trips me out. and ch@mp, rice to me doesnt mean "asian" it means "rice" as in a car that looks like crap. Try a search on the word rice and im sure you will find many topics about 8 foot Kamikazee-Attack-Shogun-Straife-spoilers and accord blackwidow bodykits forced onto other cars. Yeah about that redlight district, and staying away...... CANT DO HOMIE!! HAHA. I didnt hear about the Maybach getting hit but then again I dont understand the news here. On another note the girls man... the girls. They are so fing hot, its like a car show everyday here! Im heading to Itaewon today to get a digi camera with a couple friends from Boston and Cali. later
Haha, God! I miss my hometown!
Here is one suggestion, instead of going to Itaewon, go across the bridge and get down to Apgujung-dong. That's where all those hot and rich chicks hang out. Even one of the most crowded street is named after the "Rodeo Drive" in Beverly Hills! And I'm sure you'll see some nice cars out there too. (Of course, in night time)

Red light district? Hahahah! I know that once you get there, you'll never miss US again.

And for that incident happened to CEO of Samsung, basically the guy with Hyundai Elantra (Avante for KDM name) parked his car right next to Maybach and the kid at the back door basically kicked the door to get out and it made a huge "DOOR DING" to Maybach. Ouch!
Old 06-22-2004, 05:18 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy ****!!! You're still alive? I thought you got eaten by a Maryland blue crab or something. How the hell are ya!?!?!? Your @$$ better be at the Evolution meet in July so we can catch up.

Originally posted by stopgo
Must've been nice to be able to hang out in Seoul.... ya' bastard.

12 months on the DMZ will cure any desire to revisit Korea. That, and the smell. Never got used to the smell.

Scott
Old 06-22-2004, 05:23 PM
kcobean

Originally posted by Pusha_Z
What? When I was there I lived on Yaki Mahn Doo, Ramien and Bulghogi (sp?)!!! Never got sick once

Hey, since you're going to Itaewon, you gotta spend some time at the MTV club for me. That place was a trip!!! Oh, and take pictures of all the nice stuff so that Stopgo can see all the good things he missed by being stuck on the DMZ for 12 months! (I'm sure Scott is going to get me later for saying that!)
Old 06-22-2004, 05:53 PM
stopgo

Holy ****!!! You're still alive? I thought you got eaten by a Maryland blue crab or something. How the hell are ya!?!?!? Your @$$ better be at the Evolution meet in July so we can catch up.
Yeah, man... we're (almost) moved in. Gotta put the my350z.com community on notice that I'll be headed to Japan soon. Might have some goodies to distribute when I get back.

Scott
Old 06-23-2004, 12:25 AM
Korrrion

Holy cow there are a lot of Koreans here, myself I was born in Yongsan, South Korea (which is a US military base..so technically its US soil).

Yongsan is in Seoul, and dang that was one heck of a cool (and one heck of a large) city.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:31 AM
xzbum

"Havent seen a Z here and I swear no one even knows what it is..."

There are not many z33s in korea yet but it doesn't mean they don't know what z is. =)

There are a lot of 'Fairlady' version of z32s, and Skyline GTS, GT-R32,33,34...etc and # of japanese sports cars keep increasing.

So many korean people are crazy about cars.

As seanrulz said if you go down to south(KangNam, ApGuJung, ChungDam,...), you could see a lot of super cars there within a month such like Ferraris, Porsches, Lambos, Maybach, RR, fully tuned mercedes and bimmers. if you r lucky, you could even see Enzo and Carrera GT.

Well, have fun~! =)

http://www.chagal.org/bbs/data/free/1087877334/ss.jpg <-- Carrera GT

http://forum.news.empas.com/bbs/imgb...sp/945/1/1.jpg <-- Tower Palace

Last edited by xzbum; 06-23-2004 at 01:33 AM.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:58 AM
kcobean

Originally posted by Korrrion
Holy cow there are a lot of Koreans here, myself I was born in Yongsan, South Korea (which is a US military base..so technically its US soil).

Yongsan is in Seoul, and dang that was one heck of a cool (and one heck of a large) city.
Ahhhhh, Yongsan....Fun place. I spent lots of time flying in and out of Yongsan while I was there. I was stationed at K16 Airbase in Songnam just 7 minutes (as the helicopter flies) north of Yongsan. I'm as "white-guy" as they come, but I sure had a great time in Korea. I'd like to go back someday.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:04 AM
pwakaka

What? When I was there I lived on Yaki Mahn Doo, Ramien and Bulghogi (sp?)!!! Never got sick once

if u were korean u would know about the "trash man doo" recently in the news
most likely we've all eaten it not knowing already. unless ur mom makes the dough and everything at home.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:58 AM
kcobean

Originally posted by pwakaka
if u were korean u would know about the "trash man doo" recently in the news
most likely we've all eaten it not knowing already. unless ur mom makes the dough and everything at home.
It sounds to me as if you're implying that a) I would have to be Korean to have heard about this in the news, and b) that anyone who is Korean automatically knows about it by some magical birth-right. I disagree, but you're right, I hadn't heard anything. Got a link to a story (yeah, in English.) I'd be curious to know if I had been eating scrapings out of a Kimche ditch for a whole year!

Kelly
Old 06-23-2004, 08:11 AM
pwakaka

i didn't think it was on american news...just hear about it in korean news thats why i say koreans would know.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:22 AM
kcobean

Originally posted by pwakaka
i didn't think it was on american news...just hear about it in korean news thats why i say koreans would know.
I hear ya. I'm just messin' with ya. By the way, with you being in Maryland, are you coming to the Evolution meet?
Old 06-23-2004, 08:36 AM
pwakaka

i dont own a Z yet haha.. still saving up for the down payment. one more month of saving up should be enough!
Old 06-23-2004, 08:42 AM
91na

I am Korean too! Wow this is so cool to hang out with fellow countrymen!

I know exactly what all of you are talking about, Korea rocks!

(I am not actually Korean and have never been there... I just wanted to fit in like everyone else )
Old 06-23-2004, 10:25 AM
jun14scr

yeah. did it happen with like the raymen too? i always liked shin raymen. oh well..

anyways. how is everything in korea right now? i would imagine people are freaking out over the execution?
Old 06-23-2004, 02:26 PM
Pusha_Z

They are talking about the execution 24/7 on the news stations here. I wouldnt be surprised if South Korea sent infantry to Iraq now because they only had medics there. On another note, they tried to charge me $200,000 won for a digi camera yesterday ahahahaha I just walked out, should have bought one in the states. Went to Itaewon and got drunk with friends yesterday and cruised hooker hill. Some of the hookers are trife, but some of them looked really hot ahaha now did I pass? I'll leave that up to your imagination ahaha
Old 06-23-2004, 05:10 PM
pwakaka

yea my friend is in korea and he called me sayin how damn hot the hookers are. ssi bahl jo ket da..

Quick Reply: Im in South Korea right now