Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Im in South Korea right now

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 08:03 AM
Pusha_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im in South Korea right now

Whats up yall, im in South Korea right now as part of an International Studies exchange program and I have been laughing/flipping out over the cars they have here. Never have I seen so many hooked up Tiburons and Sonatas. They do have dope cars here though such as The Chairman. Its manufacturers made it with Mercedes Benz and it looks really similar to one. I wish I had my Z here cause I dont think any are pushing over 200hp. I almost puked on the hooked up sonata with a 5Zigen graphics on its side, just goes to show that rice is rice, no matter where you are. I arrived here at like 8pm which is 7am in the states with a fistfull of painkillers, and bad intentions. Im gonna try to get an authentic Nismo spoiler, hopefully it will be cheaper here. Anyways i'll be back in the States in 6 weeks and the hardest thing to leave was the Z. Havent seen a Z here and I swear no one even knows what it is, but I did see a hooookkked up Lexus IS that was very thorough. Tomorrow is filled with food, one class, and massages packed with not only happy endings, but a sequel, so I wont miss the states so much. Peace
Old 06-21-2004, 08:16 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn Troy! You're gonna miss the Evolution meet in July! Oh well...When you get back, let me know, we'll go for a celebratory cruise!
Old 06-21-2004, 08:17 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Sure hope you brought a digital camera on this trip... you can include some visuals along with your descriptions there...
Old 06-21-2004, 09:11 AM
SangWL

yo brotha, i'm korean, god i miss korea.

about the cars there, i know, rice to the max, but please consider, koreans don't like japanese cars that much so korean cars are the only options.

if you can try to get a weekend out in japan. go to shibuya or any other county in tokyo.

i swear to god i've never seen so many skylines and NSX's.

i loved japan partly because of the culture but mostly for the bars and cars.

how is the weather in korea?
sang
Old 06-21-2004, 10:04 AM
FairladyZ

get pics
Old 06-21-2004, 10:25 AM
jun14scr

im also korean, havent been back in about 3 years. keep in mind, if u drive a hyundai granger (xg 350 in the US), that's like the equivalent to a benz here. cars are wicked expensive over there. i remember seeing many bmw 735s and 318s, etc. the best car i saw there was a alpina b12 5 series.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:08 PM
kcobean

I spent a year in S. Korea back in '92-'93. It was a great time. As I was flying Helicopters back then, I got to see much of the country both from the air and the ground...Beautiful place. Hope you have a great time, and yeah, get some pictures! Kamsahamnida!
Old 06-21-2004, 01:54 PM
hhseouljah

mmm...i'm korean too...i love korea...so much fun...although i was born in the states...i know where my blood comes from...yeah i know you'll see "Ricers" but to be able to own a car in korea is prestige in itself...but go down to rodeo st. and go hit up the new palace towers....there are a few people pushing benzes, ferraris, bmws, porsches, and bentleys...some of my dads friends roll in them...but yeah...korea is amazing...have fun.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:42 PM
Pusha_Z

whats up yall, yeah I woke up at 6am today cause my sleeping habits are all wacked. Whats up Kelly, yeah im gonna miss the meet which really sucks cause the last one was a lot of fun, and the turnout was incredible. We will definitely have to hit up a cruise when I get back..... I miss the Z sooooo much. SangWL, the weather here is really nice, today its about 75 with a chance of showers, but its not half as humid as the states. I will go out and get a digi camera today, cause the cars that ive seen and havent shot are killing me! Japan seems nice, and im here for a while so that wouldnt be out of the question. Well ive got class in one hour and then its off to see he city, i'll talk to you guys later. peace
Troy
Old 06-21-2004, 06:16 PM
kcobean

Originally posted by hhseouljah
mmm...i'm korean too...i love korea...so much fun...although i was born in the states...i know where my blood comes from...yeah i know you'll see "Ricers" but to be able to own a car in korea is prestige in itself...but go down to rodeo st. and go hit up the new palace towers....there are a few people pushing benzes, ferraris, bmws, porsches, and bentleys...some of my dads friends roll in them...but yeah...korea is amazing...have fun.
Prestige? He he....You must never have been to Seoul. There are so many cars in that city that people drive on the sidewalks! It was like downtown L.A. without traffic laws That said, I had a blast of a time in S. Korea and would like to re-visit it someday.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:51 PM
aaaaa

lol..i am korean too,,,,,going there on end of july....

»¡¸®°¡°í½Í´Ù!!!!

¤»¤»¤»¤»¤»¤»¤»¤»¤»¤»¤»¤»¤»¤»
Old 06-21-2004, 10:33 PM
shimz350z

since everyone is confessing their korean-ige....i am korean as well...they need to make a supercar dammit!...that tiburon is *cough cough* peformance wise.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:56 PM
K.G

Wow~ so many Koreans here
I am Korean too
There are alot of ricers in korea
but, there are also many BMW,Lexus,Mercedes around my village
Old 06-22-2004, 01:03 AM
ch@mp

hahha you're just in the wrong cities i guess. my cuz lives over there and he's seen a few (not many over there) but speaking of rice, i don't know if you're korean but think about it, a whole nation full of koreans. wish i could be there with you and show you the beautiful world of my motherland. But i feel you tho, the tiburons probably the best sports car they have to offer over there, trust me i know. btw stay away from the red light district (88, korean lingo for ***** town) wish i could sport my z there too. have fun and drink as much SOJU as you can!!!
Old 06-22-2004, 05:30 AM
ElBombastico

Another Korean here. I havent been back to Korea ever since i moved here which was 15 years ago. Im guessing you are in Seoul somewhere, but which district are you in?

Oh, and there are lots of hot girls in Korea, so keep an eye out for em. Also, watch out for Soju, it'll taste like water at first, but it'll get you drunk quick!
Old 06-22-2004, 05:43 AM
hhseouljah

HEY! did you hear about Samsung's CEO getting his Maybach hit by some guy? it was just on the news, my dad told me as he just came back last night from Korea. damn...i heard the the Samsung's CEO is a CAR FREAK! and has porsches, ferrari's, and etc. aiite have fun pc.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:29 AM
Phatmitzu

Show n' tell time!
Old 06-22-2004, 08:08 AM
SangWL

Originally posted by K.G
Wow~ so many Koreans here
I am Korean too
There are alot of ricers in korea
but, there are also many BMW,Lexus,Mercedes around my village
all those models are done though now in korea, AUDI is the new one that everyone is wanting.

korea is so like this. anyways, i miss korea, haven't been in years, but the states is sometthing you can't leave once you settle.

sang
Old 06-22-2004, 01:44 PM
pwakaka

dont eat the mahn doo!
Old 06-22-2004, 04:52 PM
Grommit

Hehe, so many koreans here.

Add one more to the list.

Quick Reply: Im in South Korea right now