Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian cars

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 06:39 PM
bobbyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Canadian cars

Unlike the US, Canada does not offer options other then Navi. I would like kickplates, floormats, and trunk mats. Maybe these come standard in the Canadian cars? Anyone know?
Old 05-14-2002, 06:51 AM
principe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bobbyz

I have been after Nissan Canada for this exact info ... to date no answers from anyone. They just don't know, unbelieveable! I wrote another letter to them today asking why their keeping us in the dark... I am waiting for their answer!

I'll keep you posted.

BTW, where did you buy yours from and when is it coming? I haven't been able to get squat from my dealer or Nissan Canada... very frustrating experinece to say the least!
Old 05-14-2002, 08:00 AM
Dave

Originally posted by principe
bobbyz
BTW, where did you buy yours from and when is it coming? I haven't been able to get squat from my dealer or Nissan Canada... very frustrating experinece to say the least!
I recently placed my order on the 350Z at Richmond Hill Alta Nissan, and what I was told is that the first shipment is already sold out and that they wont send the batch of new orders (like 10+ of them) until they sell the entire 2nd shippment or when Nissan allocates them more cars. They are estimating mine will arrive Q1 2003.

I also asked about all those options like kick plates, matching carpets, etc.. and my salesperson told me to assume they come with the car and if they don't - he'd contact me.
Old 05-14-2002, 11:05 AM
john0213

I think the Canadian 350Z version is full loaded..........if nissan did give u the side airbag as a standard feature then those things aren't a big deal to them.
Old 05-15-2002, 02:38 AM
john0213

Originally posted by Touring_350Z
A lot of Canadian cars come loaded in standard forms whereas they are options in American cars. Just one example, my gf's Prelude doesn't have heated leather seats and heated mirrors (not even as options), but those are standard in Canadian Preludes. There are many other cars that are like that too. You'd figure that most cars should be the same for all North America, but they are not; well, except for the emissions issue where each place is different.
but usually u don't need heated seat in US cuz most area is pretty hot........
Old 05-15-2002, 09:54 AM
john0213

Uh, no way dude. If you think about it, more than half the number of states have cold winters. The exception includes TX, southern Cali, etc. Otherwise, way more than half the U.S. has really cold winters. It'd be nice to have something to warm our asses.

By the way, Canadian cars are cheaper too. According to a few members from here, a Performance Z only goes for about $27,500 U.S. That's a few grands cheaper than here. Likewise for other cars too. I guess it's because living costs and capita per household in the U.S. are higher. But that still kinda sucks.
yup, i order the performance in canada, which is the touring in US, and got the same price too, 27,000USD. and u know what, the performance model in canada comes with the bose sound system, electrical 4 ways seat and the side curtain airbage all as standard, the only thing i had add is the nav which my car is fully loaded in the US version(touring).
Old 05-15-2002, 12:46 PM
SirZaLot

Touring_350Z, if you want, you would have to ask your canadian friend to buy it for you. Because if you use your own personal information to order the Z, NISSAN will cancell your order right away, for the reason that it costs less in Canada.

And for the extra on PP White, dealer said it's a special white paint treatment that will make the white different and shining. I think it's totally BS.
Old 05-15-2002, 03:34 PM
bobbyz

The white may be more becasue it may be a pearl white. As far as buying one in Canada if you live in the states, it would not be easy. Like was said, Nissan will just toss the pre order if it is from anyone outside Canada. As well, when we pick up our cars, we will have to sign that we will not export the car. I was told this by both my dealer and the V.P. of Nissan Canada.
Old 05-15-2002, 03:36 PM
bobbyz

One more thing...yes the car is cheaper here...but In Ontario we pay 15% tax so maybe to keep the car under a certain "on the road" price they had to do that.
Old 05-16-2002, 02:40 AM
john0213

yup, the dealer in Richmond doesn't even accept any order out of the states, and the reason y nissan charge u $285 for the white cuz it's a different white in canada than in US, US is pp white, which in canada it's a Glacier Pearl, as u can see, the Canada one is pearl so they have to make 3 coats that other colour only need 1 coat, that's y they charge u more in Canada for the white.

DAMN!!! Now, WHY DID THEY MAKE SIDE-CURTAIN AIRBAGS AN OPTION OVER HERE YET STANDARD OVER THERE? Extra safety is needed everywhere. WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? Not to mention other stuff too. $27K for Touring? DAMN!!! That's about $8K less than mine. DAMN! DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!

Maybe I should come over there and order one. I wonder what fees and paperworks I have to deal with to bring it back here. I'm only 2 hours away from Canada. That's it, I'm gonna try to order from there.
and do u know y they make the Canada model cheaper? cuz u guys are richer and we are poorer, so in fact they have to make the price affordable, so Canada is poorer so it's cheaper......hahahahaha~~~ i know u are jealous, just get over it, we don't get the thing as u guys do, like u guys will have the Evo 7 first which we will have to wait for 1 more year after u guys have them.............

Last edited by john0213; 05-16-2002 at 02:45 AM.
Old 05-16-2002, 11:57 AM
john0213

hahaha~ We don't get any benefit on car at all living in Canada and that's the only time i see they actually give me the benefit on having a Canada Car over the US car