Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Need help from Canadian Z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 03:28 PM
ScottyR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help from Canadian Z Owners

I have a 03 350Z Touring with 11,000 kms on it and the tires howl so bad around town it is embarassing when I bring someone with me. I took the car to South London Infiniti today to get the tires checked out. They are a decent bunch of guys. They agreed that it howled very bad but the tires were not cupped enough to qualify for the TSB replacement. There suggestion was to drive it until it had at least 20000kms on it and then bring it back. I dont even want to drive it around town right now let alone for another 9000 kms until the tires wear more. I was planning on driving the car to Nova Scotia in a couple of weeks but I think I will drive my TrailBlazer instead because of the road noise and thumping of the front tires.

I called Nissan Customer Service and I might as well banged my head into a wall. Total waste of time. They didnt give a rats *** about me or my problem. I was quite polite with the girl but in the end I was getting pissed off as she wouldnt help me out. I explained that they were going to replace the tires eventually, why not just replace them now?

Is there any Nissan dealer around that would be a bit more lenient on the measurement of the tires? I got rid of a Z3 Roadster for this car and the more I hear these tires howl, the more I can see a new BMW in the driveway real soon...

Thanks
Scott
Old 07-19-2004, 07:11 PM
theonetheonly

I would suggest trying another dealership...perhaps closer to the GTA.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:04 PM
jasonintoronto

downtown nissan replaced mine without hesitation...and there was no wait for the tires. they are in toronto.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:19 PM
jhau

Downtown nissan replaced mine for free as well but they scratched both my front rims
Old 07-19-2004, 09:41 PM
vincei

Got mine changed and latest alignment at 13k kms with no problem. Try another dealer.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:46 AM
jasonintoronto

Originally posted by jhau
Downtown nissan replaced mine for free as well but they scratched both my front rims
well, it feels WORSE when you scratch one by yourself like i did

stupid curb at dupont and ossington!!
Old 07-20-2004, 06:15 AM
RoadRagerInTherapy

Downtown Nissan did my alignment and swapped my fronts without me even bringing up the recall (they did get permission to do the work, though).

They have a GREAT service dept there, and did not damage my Track rims (although they did point out my teensy-weensy curb rash-scar... which they had nothing to do with).

I think they're at Adelaide and Parliament. Check them out... talk to Frank (Service Manager).
Old 07-20-2004, 08:40 AM
ShermanA

I also had my tires swapped at Downtown Nissan. Same great experience. They didn't scratch my Track rims either.

Frank or Robert will help you out. They are on Adelaide but the entrance to the service department is off a street called Berkley (just west of Parliament).

The number is: (416) 865-1880

Cheers,
Sherman
Old 07-20-2004, 05:56 PM
ScottyR

I am going to try a different dealer on Friday.

Wish me luck...
Old 07-20-2004, 09:12 PM
Blackie

I brought my car in to Scarb. Nissan and they would not swap the tires for me. They told me to come back once they're more worn out. Maybe they're hoping that will happen after the warranty expires??
I was really hoping they would do the swap because on top of the feathering one of the fronts has a defect in it. Nissan told me to deal with Bridgestone about it, but i'm so not up for that hassle.
I need to bring my car in for an oil change pretty soon. I have no problem taking it downtown. What are the chances they would agree to swap my tires? I feel encouraged by what I'm reading here. btw, I'm approaching 25k.