Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I"m Probably Selling My '04 Jcw Mini S

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 04:15 PM
minispider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I"m Probably Selling My '04 Jcw Mini S

I want to get a 350z, but i have to sell my '04 John Cooper Works Mini S first with 3900 miles on it, is a fast car for its size, 200 bhp and handles like a slot car, but the dealer can't seem to find a value for it because these are special order from BMW, hell, I can't even refinance it because no one seems to find it on any book out there, the dealer wants to give me $23000 for it because they are treating it like a regular "S", I tried explaining to them that is not the same car but they are lost. I can try selling it privately but that may take too long and then again the person buying it has to know about it. The car is worth about $32000 plus all the upgrades that I did to it, but that probably doesn't count. So that is my dilema......
Old 07-19-2004, 04:25 PM
ragtopz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sux. the only thing i can think of is to try selling it back to the bmw/mini dealer you purchased it from. they wont give you what it is worth either, but at least they may give you more than somewhere else.

as far as the modifications go, bmw probably wont factor that in. if you sell it on the outside, i read somewhere that you can factor in only 10% of what the modification costed.

my friend test drove the s and man, that supsension over bumps and potholes is brutal. anyways, good luck with it.
Old 07-19-2004, 05:35 PM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

thats a great car....why are you selling it?
Old 07-19-2004, 08:32 PM
roydiculous

Especially after 3,900 miles? Hell I got my Z a month ago and have 3,500 miles. Are you sure you are going to be happy with the Z? Maybe you can find someone who will do a direct swap with you... hehe.

Or maybe we can trade cars for a weekend and see how the grass is on the other side.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:25 PM
TheLex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd give you 24 for it :-)
Old 07-20-2004, 05:02 AM
Poison123
Google Bot

Problem with the Works Kit is it does'nt come from the factory with it on it. Its something the dealer can install if you want it. And they probably consider it a mod, so you won't get any extra dough for it.

I think your best bet is to have the Works kit pulled off if you can, and privately sell it. I know some guys would probably jump at it over on mini2.com
Old 07-20-2004, 02:46 PM
minispider

Originally posted by Poison123
Problem with the Works Kit is it does'nt come from the factory with it on it. Its something the dealer can install if you want it. And they probably consider it a mod, so you won't get any extra dough for it.

I think your best bet is to have the Works kit pulled off if you can, and privately sell it. I know some guys would probably jump at it over on mini2.com
It is a dealer installed kit,and no, you can not remove it unless you want to void your entire car warranty....I love the car and is very fast for its size (200 bhp) and the handling is unreal, and after spending more than $5000 in upgrades like rims,stereo,suspention,seats,gages,cold air intake rally lights,etc, I hate to get ride of it, but I love the Z too, since the first day I saw it at the dealer ,2 weeks ago, so now I want one...someone HELP ME
Old 07-20-2004, 03:10 PM
roydiculous

Been in a cave? You saw it two week ago?

Have you test driven it? I was seriously debating getting a Mini - more my price range and front wheel drive for the New England seasons but I test drove the Z and bought it the same night.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:19 PM
minispider

No I have not been in a cave!!!!!I've seen the car before but never paid too much attention until I saw it real close at the dealer and i got to seat in it!!! ...and that was it...
Old 07-20-2004, 07:22 PM
D0WNxSH1FT

but if u like the Mini since its like a go-kart, arent u gonna hate the Z? its rather over weight compared to the Mini, S2000, Elise, etc. its not built for AutoX like those cars. tho its much more pimp, and u really cant pick up girls in a mini...(at least girls cant say your over compensating for something haha)