2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

you guys are funny man

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 08:10 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

totally agree with you kcobean

In truth, last week I put a $1000 deposit down on a 2 year waiting list for a lotus elise. I've been reading the elise forums where the average buyer is 30-50. I just can't believe the difference in attitude and car maturity between here and there. Granted the car is barely out with just a few actually driving one so maybe that'd explain why there aren't as many "I just reached 70 coats of zaino!!!"types of threads
Old 07-29-2004, 08:14 AM
DBZCat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they are just jeoulous cause we look good and have the ability to burn them as well...

I kinda look at it as a hot girl WITH a good personality too...or vice versa...

the Z is perfect in both ways, therefore it is going to get hated on by people not involved because they KNOW it's better and have to make it in their mind that it sucks...

what is so bad about actually taking care of our car and thinking everyone else likes it?
It IS pretty to look at...
It IS fun to drive...
It IS fun to make it faster...
It IS fun to make the car look even more prettier...
It IS fun to make the car even more faster...

why is it so bad to take care of the car? I mean, so many people work out and eat right to look good, taking care of themselves.

Are you suggesting that we just let the car get dirty? if it gets scratches who cares? you don't let things like that happen to stuff you love... you put time into stuff you love! what's the problem?

ANYBODY WHO HAS A NICE CAR (ok, 99%?) WILL TRY TO PICK UP GIRLS/GUYS, IMPRESS GIRLS/GUYS...bottom line!
If I think anything about the corvette it is guys who have little pepes and try to pick up girls...cause I have heard that line too many times by so many losers!

note* not all corvette drivers are like this... just stating from experience, what MOST seem like...

lol, and mustangs, they are funny, if anyone was a poser, it would be them, they think they are gods gift to cars? i mean c'mon, they all think they are the fastest, sweetest looking muscle car ever, lol, it is funny just thinking about the type og guys I knew that drove mustangs.... oh man...

I guess bottom line is, I don't care if you like or hate my car, you decide what you like and don't and everyone has their own opinions, but if you don't like it then just leave, or shut up. I mean, if i see a car I don't like anywhere, even on this forum, there is no point in me posting that i don't like it, or saying I don't like your car. why? reasoning? waste of time... you are just filling your life with negative comments, negative emotions...therefore you become more of an attack person than anything... that sucks..
Old 07-29-2004, 08:16 AM
jovasi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by kcobean
The "poser epidemic" you're describing I believe is the direct result of the pricing of the Z. Nissan made it just affordable enough that some pretty young guys can afford (even if barely and/or with parental help), and because it's a really nice car for a young guy to own, they're very concerned with wanting people to notice their "accomplishment". It's just the nature of the beast. You don't see that kind of behavior in the Corvette forums, etc, because the average age of the owners is probably about 10-15 years higher. Vanity and youth go hand in hand. That's just the way it is. If you ask the "This girl was checking me out" posters how old they are, they're rarely the thirty-somethings and above crowd, because many of us older Z owners (if 32 is older) don't really concern ourselves with that, though I certainly appreciate getting the ol' stare-down every now and again. I take it in stride and move on. My wife appreciates my car and my love for it, and that's enough for me.
Well put
Old 07-29-2004, 08:20 AM
DBZCat

just because you are putting time into the car, doesn't mean you are doing it for other people...
I do it because I enjoy it, it is a hobby for me, I don't care if you like my car or not, but it is a compliment when you get those stare downs
Old 07-29-2004, 08:29 AM
kcobean

Originally posted by cat2102
just because you are putting time into the car, doesn't mean you are doing it for other people...
I do it because I enjoy it, it is a hobby for me, I don't care if you like my car or not, but it is a compliment when you get those stare downs
Exactly!!! There aren't many modded Corvettes out there because while it may be a nice car to own, it's much harder (and more expensive) to make it a hobby, which is exactly what my car is as well...A Hobby!

Yeah, it's probably got more Zaino on it than it needs (my wife would certainly say so anyway), but it's very relaxing for me to spend time working on my car (even ripping the springs out of it like I did last weekend!). I appreciate it when other people notice my car, but I get the most joy out of it whe *I* get to stand back and look at what it's become.

Unless you have LOTS of money, once you buy a corvette, then congratulations, you have a corvette. You're pretty done at that point.

With the Z, the sky's the limit, baby!!
Old 07-29-2004, 08:31 AM
DBZCat

perfectly put kcobean! right there with ya!
Old 07-29-2004, 09:27 AM
VeeTec

Well, I do get far more looks and comments than I ever got with any other car I have owned, save for the black FD.

It is quick, as I consider a car which can run 13.5-13.6 stock pretty quick, especially for what I paid, and knowing it can run to the limiter, just shy of 160, its also fast. Remover the limiter and you would probably top out over 165.

Then there's the handling, oh boy, getting lightheaded thinking about how fun it is to find a nice twisty road.

Just about everything makes me happy about this car, and I could care less that Corvettes are faster. I bought my base for $26K, and I am sure a C5 would have been over the $40K mark. For whatever reasons I don't see vette's getting the looks the Z gets either. Maybe its because there are so many out there, or maybe the Z just looks better.

Some girl was trying to get me to pull over a couple of days back, so she could check out the car. I didn't, not because I am a jerk, but because I am taken.

I think you'll find that people who owns Z's are more in love with their cars than people who own a lot of other cars, especially an Elise, Ugh the looks, regardless of how fast it is.

I found similar owners with the RX7 crowd, as I use to own a 93 RX7, black with tan leather, in perfect condition. Another beautiful well performing car stock, that had owners spending a lot of free time cleaning and waxing their baby.

My 7 eventually made 452 h.p. with a Greddy T78 single conversion, street porting, and a LOT of other mods.

I am controlling myself this time.

I think I am going for a drive now.

Last edited by VeeTec; 07-29-2004 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:35 PM
Dissolved

You must have no life to sit there and type all that. Sounds like Z envy to me :-D
Maybe one day you'll experience it. Until then, have fun playing tug of war with yourself.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:08 PM
350Mark

The comments made about picking up chicks with the Z and or any other car doesn't make sense. How do you pick up a girl based on the car you drive. Usually the places I meet girls are in public indoor places, not in the parking lot. If a woman likes me because of the car I drive and not for me, thats a girl I wouldn't want to date. Btw, I think woman are more impressed if you own a home or a condo. When a girl says lets go to your place, she doesn't mean your parents.

Don't mind me.....

....I've been drinkine
Old 07-29-2004, 07:19 PM
MovingViolation

Originally posted by sentry65
every car forum i've been to seems to have common things about their drivers - not all, but for example:

corvette and mustang forums really seem to be all about getting high horsepower and dragging their cars

lotus elise forums seem more focused on handling and tracking their car

this forum seems more interested in applying a weekly coat of zaino, picking up girls, babying their car to death, changing their rims, and complaining about the smallest of flaws the 350 has

I know I'm going to be flamed. It's not like everyone's focus here is on those things, but come on, it seems like it comes up more often than other things. It's just my observation and maybe it's wrong.
Hahaha I have noticed the same thing and totally agree with you.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:22 PM
350Mark

Default Re: you guys are funny man

you're driving thru a parking lot to go to a movie. You decide to rev your engine. Suddenly everyone is looking at you. It must be because they're jealous and your Z sounds so good.

Someone steels your license plate. They must've been jealouzzz of your sweet ride

No... It's because your a dork and your revving your engine in the parking lot of a movie theatre. Think about it... If you were standing in line waiting for tickets, and some foolio decides to rev his engine, don't you think he's in need of attention. Attention he never received at home.
Later in the evening you see that girly man's car and decide to take his plates because your jealous.

Old 07-29-2004, 08:27 PM
UsafaRice

Default Re: you guys are funny man

hehe
Sentry65, I also think it has to do a lot with the age range. Like for example, the entire tuner market/segment. These kids dream about Evos, STis, and Zs. These cars are pretty and fast. Both at a dragstrip or a racetrack.

I mean really, this car is a step above the normal higher end "transportation" in price. Like a V6 accord or something. But is an accord going to even be able to see a Z car on a racetrack? (other than being lapped)

And for other people that seem to have blind-sided loyalty, maybe some of us have had Z cars before and love the line. They've been around since '69.

But if all the "show" disturbs you on this site, or maybe all the comraderie, check out these 3 places on the forum. There's some useless stuff in those as well, but the road racing section is serious.
Attached Thumbnails you guys are funny man-performance.jpg  
Old 07-30-2004, 07:48 AM
GiveMe1Z

what's ur point..u wanna get rid of ur Z? I'll have it!
Old 07-30-2004, 02:23 PM
Dissident

Wow, go figure the Elise group typically is older. Most expensive cars typically equals older drivers.

Honestly, I like most of the other z drivers I've met in person, but even if I didn't, that doesn't affect what I think of the Z. What's so great about it? It doesn't feel as cheap as many other cars, it as much fun as I can legally have in the street, and it's as comfortable as I need in a daily driver. No other 1 car meets those needs. Sure, and elise and a truck would do with, for basically twice the price. a Neon doesn't do it, and a subaru that's fast isn't as nice or comfortable.

Oh, and the price of the Z and my R1 is still cheaper than the elise, and I'll take that thing on a track on my R1 any day
Old 07-30-2004, 04:15 PM
KrazY-2K

I bought my Z because --------> I <--------- like the way it looks. I could care less what other people thought about it, even though I've never gotten negative remarks about it
Old 07-30-2004, 05:11 PM
bhobson333

I took delivery in December, 2002 when 350Zs were still very rare. I couldn't believe how gorgeous the car was, and it drove as sweet as it looked.

I had a steady stream of people coming up to me in parking lots and gas stations, telling me how beautiful and sexy the car is. Every time I drove it, I saw people pointing at me, grinning, saying "look at that car!" to their friends, giving me thumbs up, rolling down windows in traffic to comment. That kind of thing can't help but influence the way you feel about your car and yourself as the driver of that car. It's wild; it's almost like being a celebrity.

I know that my experience was by no means unusual; 350Z owners all over the country have been the focus of so much attention and appreciation over the past two years. We have come to this forum and others like it to share our experience and talk about it with others who share it.

A week ago, with the car almost two years old, I had a carful of teenagers roll down their windows at a traffic light, all grinning ear-to-ear. "Man, I love your car" one boy said to me with thumbs up. "It's the hottest thing going!!!"

I gave him the only good answer I have come up with over the last two years: "Thanks! I love it, too!"

Old 07-30-2004, 06:48 PM
Dissident

Must suck to not have one and get to read about how much we all love 'em, huh?
Old 07-31-2004, 02:30 AM
sentry65
the burninator

by the way if anyone hasn't realized this, I do own a Z
Old 07-31-2004, 06:09 AM
amf813

by the way if anyone hasn't realized this, I do own a Z
So tell us why did you buy your Z?
Old 07-31-2004, 06:33 AM
zzz350

Cat, I think you need a spanking and I'd love to give it to ya.

Quick Reply: you guys are funny man