Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What do you think the best color for a Z would be?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 05:52 AM
mickey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pic:
Attached Thumbnails What do you think the best color for a Z would be?-mike.jpg  
Old 07-30-2004, 06:06 AM
Pusha_Z

I own a DB Z and love it, but Brickyard is by far the best color
Old 07-30-2004, 06:39 AM
Phatmitzu

Originally posted by Wolverineut
IMO worst to best PPW<CS<Silverstone<The Rest. In other words, I think the white's and silver's are not as good looking as the other colors.
I think not!

Old 07-30-2004, 07:43 AM
GiveMe1Z

in order best to worst for me
1. SuperBlack
2. Redline
3. Chrome Silver
4 Pikes Peak White
5. Silver Stone
Old 07-30-2004, 07:55 AM
Aggro_Al

Brickyard!! If BY wasn't available it would have been DB or LS.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:02 PM
tractng

Phatmitzu,

What city are u in 626? I think I see you a few times. I am always around the san gabriel area.

By the way, nice rims/car.

Tony
Old 07-30-2004, 02:18 PM
jovasi

Originally posted by Phatmitzu
I think not!

The gold rims look great w/ the PPW. My favorites are DB, LS, BY & SB. But on the other hand PPW, SS, LA & RL are hot as well. There really isn't a bad color for the Z.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:45 PM
bhobson333

I thought long and hard about color before I ordered my Z. Here's my thinking:

Black is gorgeous for a sports car, of course. The bad thing is that it shows every scratch and speck of dirt. I wasn't willing to either clean constantly or go around in a car that looks dirty.

White doesn't show dirt and scratches, and it can be a good color for cars, but... I don't know, I think a white sports car needs a blonde chick inside. Maybe I was spoiled by Suzanne Somers in American Graffiti. Personal choice.

Red is "bust me", way too attention-getting.

Chrome Silver is IMHO a played-out color. It has been way too popular for way too long. It's just kind of "blah, been there, done that".

Liquid Aluminum is too close to CS, and not worth the premium.

Lemans Sunset is one of those colors that can be gorgeous but I doubt it will age well. I keep thinking "how will that look in 8 years?". It can look beautiful when clean and in the sun; when dirty and/or in the shade, it looks "pumpkin".

Similarly, Brickyard can be very striking when clean and in the sun. When dirty and/or in the shade, it looks "plum". It's also dark enough that it shows dirt and scratches almost as bad as black.

Daytona Blue surprised me. I have never been a fan of blue cars, it's kind of a "white bread" color. DB, however, is a beautiful paint. It strikes a great balance between bright and dark. If I had it all to do over again, DB would be my second choice.

That leaves us with my choice, Silverstone. This metallic slate gray is a very classy color; timeless, it will never go out of style. It is muted, doesn't attract too much law-enforcement attention, yet it looks very sexy. In addition, the color hides dirt very well. I have had people come up to me and tell me how nice my car looks when it hasn't been washed in two weeks!

Last edited by bhobson333; 07-30-2004 at 06:27 PM.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:56 PM
Chicken

Originally posted by bhobson333

White doesn't show dirt... [/B]
Have you ever owned a white car? I have and trust me, it shows dirt. I've also owned a black car and to be honest, I'm not sure which was worse or if they were equally as difficult to keep clean. (This isn't a comment on whether those colors look good on the car, just that they are higher maintenance.)
Old 07-30-2004, 06:05 PM
kvhung

I like silver and blue
Old 07-30-2004, 06:08 PM
bhobson333

Originally posted by Chicken
Have you ever owned a white car?
I have owned a white car. I think it may have to do with the color of the dirt where you live.

Yeah, white will show big-time if you splash a bunch of mud up on your car. But the light dust layer of generic road grime that covers city cars in my area just seems to disappear on a white car where it makes a black car look instantly dingy.

Also, as I added in an edit above, scratches on white paint are almost invisible. You can't say that about black!!!!

Last edited by bhobson333; 07-30-2004 at 06:12 PM.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:13 PM
lunartick13

I agree, Silverstone it`s like the Z was made for it, every time I see one I still get chills up and down my spine and I would have gotten my Z in Silverstone but there are way to many of that color or Chrome Sliver. I wanted to have a color that would`nt be out there around every corner and that left The Brickyard and the Le Mans Sunset, when I went to place my order and found out that they canceled the Brickyard I went with LS.
I love this color! I get a lot of WOWS,WOOOOOS and AGHHHS.
Well I realize that is just my preference.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:36 PM
Chicken

Originally posted by bhobson333
I have owned a white car. I think it may have to do with the color of the dirt where you live.

Yeah, white will show big-time if you splash a bunch of mud up on your car. But the light dust layer of generic road grime that covers city cars in my area just seems to disappear on a white car where it makes a black car look instantly dingy.
When I owned the white car, it was in the North East (Connecticut). I thought the exact opposite... light dust layer made the car look instantly dingy.

I think I know what you mean though. A black t-shirt shows dust and every little particle. A white shirt doesn't, but will show the slightest bit of dirt and off-white color (and look dingy). North Eastern salt and dirt mix might have been a bad combination. I've still sworn white off though, but I'd get a white car over a black car I suppose.

I won't show you what my black 911 looks like now (haven't washed it for 4 weeks. I used to wash it and inevitably people would say, "You get a new paint job?" OK, so I didn't wash it all that often (paint is shot, waxing makes it nice, but it only lasts a couple of weeks tops and then dulls badly).
Old 07-31-2004, 11:58 PM
cedusett

I agree with everything bhobson said... up until he said that silverstone was awesome. I have a CS too, and I think it's pimp... to say that CS is 'played out', but SS is the best color... is just ridiculous in my mind.

If i could have, i would have gotten DB to start with, but they didn't have it where i was looking, so I got CS.

Basically, this kind of choice is all opinion.. so I'm not sure why you're asking these other people to start with... it's all about choice my friend.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Phatmitzu

Originally posted by tractng
Phatmitzu,

What city are u in 626? I think I see you a few times. I am always around the san gabriel area.

By the way, nice rims/car.

Tony
Im in TC. Yeah, I go to San Gabriel alot too...my shop is over there. Oh, and for the food
Old 08-02-2004, 12:59 PM
zstoned

THIS!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails What do you think the best color for a Z would be?-wheel2-2.jpg  
Old 08-02-2004, 01:22 PM
samw1978

DB!!!
Old 08-02-2004, 02:01 PM
ZxRage

Brickyard....
Attached Thumbnails What do you think the best color for a Z would be?-dsc00911.jpg  
Old 08-06-2004, 06:24 PM
blueTorontoZ

Default Re: What do you think the best color for a Z would be?

Originally posted by ChromeSilva350
Even though my Z is silver, I believe that blue looks a lot nicer (my opinion).
Silver Z's are everywhere - I have a Daytona Blue and I think the color gets more attention than the car!!!! I even have guys in the silvers Z's staring at me.

My wife doubted me on the blue - I ordered without her ever seeing the color and now she loves it. She has even been stopped by people in the street to compliment her on the color (but that really may have had something to do with the two young female blonds in the car).

Go with the BLUE - it rocks!!!!!
Old 08-09-2004, 01:35 PM
damaster32

blues the best

Quick Reply: What do you think the best color for a Z would be?