Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Perf. Nissan messed up my bumper!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 02:50 AM
ragtopz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by tractng

Edit: Wouldn't it be faster if the dealer paint the bumper before I bring the car in so the car doesn't have to be there multiple days? My is an '04 Chrome Silver.

Thanks
Tony (Toan)
my experience with body shops is that even if the paint code is the same, they still usually want the car there so that they can properly match the new paint to the existing paint. that is why they probably want your car at the time they paint your new bumper.
Old 08-08-2004, 06:11 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

I can do it either way... Since we're giving you the rental... I would leave the car... BUT, my body shop does an AWESOME job of color matching so I can just send the bumper only and you can drop the car off later in the week. Keep in mind... when we do screw up we make it right... and if it has to do with paint work, we give you a life time "paint" warranty on the part we had to fix. So keep everything "including a copy of this thread" in your file and several years from now if you have paint issues with your bumper... I'll take care of it. I've been with Performance for 9 years now and love it... so unless a job comes open on the Cental Coast of Calif..... I'll be here till I die!
Old 08-08-2004, 08:29 AM
Grommit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Jeff@Performance
I can do it either way... Since we're giving you the rental... I would leave the car... BUT, my body shop does an AWESOME job of color matching so I can just send the bumper only and you can drop the car off later in the week. Keep in mind... when we do screw up we make it right... and if it has to do with paint work, we give you a life time "paint" warranty on the part we had to fix. So keep everything "including a copy of this thread" in your file and several years from now if you have paint issues with your bumper... I'll take care of it. I've been with Performance for 9 years now and love it... so unless a job comes open on the Cental Coast of Calif..... I'll be here till I die!

I wish I could have towed my car to your dealership when it got damaged, but, it was just too far and too expensive and now the shop that has it painted my bumper five times and the paint still does not match!

Jeff, If I buy a new nismo bumper from you, will you folks guarantee the paint will match the rest of the car? If so I might just tell the shop to quit messing with my Z and just get a new bumper and have it painted at a competent shop.

I've been waiting for a month just for the shop to match the paint!
Old 08-08-2004, 09:03 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

No problem.... if your local. We don't paint and ship parts as they ALWAYS get damaged.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:12 AM
tractng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff,

Is the body onsite or is it somewhere ?

I probably will bring the car in and leave it there if this helps.

I will probably be there around 7-7:30 a.m. monday. Where should I check in and who should I look for? John? Yourself?

Thanks,
Tony

Last edited by tractng; 08-08-2004 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:26 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Monday will be fine.... Ask for me/John. Our body shop is about 3 blocks away. Drop it off with me and we'll get you your rental car.

Last edited by Jeff@Performance; 08-08-2004 at 10:28 AM.