Performance Nissan headlight Overlays fit like A$$

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 07:35 PM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by Jetpilot718
If you can look at this pic and call the "stickers" ugly, I'd love to see what you've done to your Z.

Or is your Z stock? If it is, I'd like to steam you a bowl of shut the fack up.
No kidding. It's amazing how some people can bash others for putting so called stickers on their car. Hey, I've seen some crapy stickers in my day, but if done and planned right, you can get excellent results for a fraction of the price of painting it. Take a look at my Gallery, you might actually find something you'll like there. Vinyl isn't for everyone, but I offer it to those that like the loks of my Overlays. I basically do what the people want. I never thought I would cover my rear strut with vinyl, but when I did, I was was really proud and impressed with the way it looked. I'm sure alot of people will like it when I post up the pics.

BTW, Jetpilot, I can send another set slightly oversized if you'd like. Just email me .

Bat™
Old 08-16-2004, 08:24 PM
Jetpilot718

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Blue Batmobile

BTW, Jetpilot, I can send another set slightly oversized if you'd like. Just email me .

Bat™

Now that I'm re-reading this thread, it looks like there are two different companies that make headlight overlays...

Mine (the ones in the pictures) are Bat's Overlays.

The ones the thread starter is commenting about are some other company I think... am I right??
Old 08-16-2004, 09:34 PM
qirex

its just my opinion
its cool if you like stickers on your lights

personally, I ask myself "would this work on a 911"?

If not - its rice.

If i wanted to change the shape of the lights I'd use somehing a bit more permanent, like different housing etc.

Anyhow, my Z is stock bc I like to lease and simly get a faster car instead of modding. 2 each their own.

That said, bluebats car is Niiiiche.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:08 PM
iLLestJrz

I bought them from Perf. Nissan. You gotta stretch the material a little to make them fit right.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:56 AM
Dissolved

Originally posted by JeffR116
It seems like all of the cases where someone says a product from Performance Nissan is ****, is mostly miscommunication. I'm sure if there was a SERIOUS concern with their customer service we would have heard it by now.
If it doesnt fit, what the hell does that have to do with miscommunication? Stick to playing with G.I. joes little boy.

The overlay is ridiculously short on both ends (a little on the sides too), not like the example picture on performance nissans website. By the way, I even attempted to stretch this thing while putting it on. Made very little difference. I thought these were laser cut?
Old 08-17-2004, 06:41 AM
toykilla

Originally posted by qirex
damn, these things are UGLY

why is anyone putting stickers on their car anyhow?

Hmm better go sit down and steam a bowl of RICE!!
LOL
Old 08-17-2004, 07:09 AM
JeffR116

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Dissolved
If it doesnt fit, what the hell does that have to do with miscommunication?
My apologies if that post made little sense. I was simply trying to make the point that sometimes people get frustrated with a product, and something happens that they don't get the customer service they like, and then they get pissed off and call a product ****. I'm not saying Performance doesn't make mistakes, everyone does. What gives them good service is the fact that they try to rectify the situation.

Stick to playing with G.I. joes little boy.
Yes....G.I. Joes. Why do you feel the need to be rude? The ability to respectfully disagree with an individual is a sign of maturity; and in some cases, a lack thereof. If you disagree, please, say so. But save the rude remarks for elsewhere.

Jeff
Old 08-17-2004, 07:39 AM
SandMan

I stretched the hell out of the overlays. The front left one fit perfect, but the front left had a little bit missing on the bottom. The rearing lights went on easy, but the cut was sloppy on the left side. The edges looked like a rat bit them off. The taillights were very small. No matter how much I stretched these out, they would always be short and looks funky because they don't cover all the red. They told me they would do something about it. I haven't heard back from them for a week. Maybe they are super busy.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:52 AM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by Jetpilot718
Now that I'm re-reading this thread, it looks like there are two different companies that make headlight overlays...

Mine (the ones in the pictures) are Bat's Overlays.

The ones the thread starter is commenting about are some other company I think... am I right??
Correct.

Bat™
Old 08-17-2004, 10:06 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the material we use and the manufactur (NOT US WE JUST RE-SELL THEM) has not gotten us the new pieces yet...

Once again we are middle men working with a company to get these made...

As soon as they have more material and they get us the new cuts, we will be taking care of the people who have had problems...

Im not going to send out what I dont have!

Plus, I have not recieved one paper backing for the headlights or tail lights that I requested from the people who were having problems with fitment... The same cut patterns I have not had a hard time installing...

I install them dry, i do not do any wet installs of them...
Old 08-17-2004, 03:47 PM
lovetoclown

When I told Jeff about them I never heard back. If I would have been told to send the backing or the whole thing back I would have. Now its been a month, I don't think I can get them back out of the trash.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:52 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

He told me you told him you ripped them off and threw it all in the trash...

PM me not Jeff...

He passes them to me anyway...
Old 08-17-2004, 03:59 PM
lovetoclown

I'll PM you.
I did say that, but I meant I took them off. I guess I should have said I removed them and threw them away instead of ripped them off.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:03 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

well PM me let me know what you want to do and if you want to re-try them...
Old 08-17-2004, 06:07 PM
SandMan

Jason is there anything that is going to happen for all the people who have bad fitment? I still have the film but not the backing. If I knew to keep the backing I would have kept them.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:52 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

yes, but if I dont have any product to send I cant send it... We should have more in stock soon... Just waiting on material so they can be cut...
Old 08-18-2004, 03:20 PM
synth19

why dont ppl try to resolve this **** before spamming the board? Sounds like Performance Nissan wants to work out this situation... if they didnt, then I can understand a thread bashing them. This reminds me of that retard that posted his bumper problem on every freakin 350z forum even though it was an honest mistake and the bumper was going to be replaced for free.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Hazade

Stick to playing with G.I. joes little boy.
Hey man, if you want to rip on the overlays thats one thing, thats your opinion and thats what these boards are for, voicing ones opinions. But, for God's sake, lay off G.I. Joes! why you gotta bring them into this!
Haha GI Joes were cool.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:26 PM
lovetoclown

I don't think anyone is bashing Performance Nissan. Several of us got bad overlays and that's what were talking about. Jason is helping me with this issue. And like I said earlier, I respect Jeff and Jasons opinion and they have helped me more than ANY other shop. They both know that I will take my car to them for any mod I can't do myself, and that's a 15 hour round trip for me.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:52 PM
synth19

^ How does "Performance Nissan headlight overlays fit like A$$" not bashing? Call me crazy, but that sounds like bashing to me.

Quick Reply: Performance Nissan headlight Overlays fit like A$$