Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Production moving???

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 10:40 PM
bobbyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Production moving???

Anyone know if production has started yet? I'm pretty sure that production was supposed to start around this time.
Old 06-13-2002, 12:05 AM
BILZ Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My production report says built in June. Don't know who to contact if this is so. I have an order #, but that's all.
Old 06-13-2002, 02:28 AM
mbeguy

Default NNA 061502

I called NNA today and talked with customer service. They were not able to tell me any thing official still about hp, torque, etc...just had to ask. But they did say, standard production was to start on June 15.

MBEGuy
Old 06-13-2002, 02:36 AM
Flyingscot

Well if production starts June 15th then the game is up and I think we may need to accept the last set of numbers, i.e. 287HP (minus the 5.5sec which I think is way padded). If the HP number is true, then I find it uncanny that the UK source published 286HP back in September 2001. Was it a lucky guess?

Has news in Japan been as tight lipped or is this just a US phenomena?

Last edited by Flyingscot; 06-13-2002 at 03:02 AM.
Old 06-13-2002, 06:28 AM
ccns23

Here's what I found out today from Nissan.

The first Z's have already started production. Originally, they were expecting to build a few hundred for the first batch. HOWEVER Nissan is only building 50 cars in June. I didn't get any numbers for July but there will be many more built in that month. Nissan has already pulled the orders for July. The next batch that will be built will be for the August build dates. Unfortunately for me, my car is scheduled for the August build dates. Therefore, I am not going to be getting my car until at least the very end of Sept. but more likely October.

This information came directly from Nissan and more specifically, the individual who was responsible for placing all of the orders.

Hope this helps a little.......
Old 06-13-2002, 06:39 AM
ccns23

I will not give out a specific name, but it was someone from inside of Nissan. The reason I got the information was because I placed my order on April 15 and still have not received a confirmation. Others who have placed orders after me did. So, I contacted NNA and explained the situation. At first they said they never received the order, then I got a call back two days later saying they did (from NNA). So I wanted to know when my order was placed (basically, if the dealer didn't order the car when I gave them my money, I was gonna raise holy hell!!). So I wasn't getting any calls back from Nissan so I elevated the call to a supervisor. I finally got a call back from Nissan today confirming when my order was received and that's when this individual offered me the information I gave above.