Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 05:14 PM
uro279

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do?

"And people I got to tell you, I had some serious questions regarding the upcoming G35 Coupe, and he said in a nutshell, "It is AWESOME." Everything I liked about the Z (looks, handling, performance) are present in the coupe PLUS better appointments and fit & finish!"

Sorry guys for the rehashing, but I have been reading these boards for months now and now that I am hearing how good the G35c is suppose to be, I am having some serious second thoughts about my Z order.

I ordered on Sept. 8, 2002, with an expected build date in 10/02, and expect to receive in 12/02. I have always liked the Z, and being that this would be my first sportscar (I'm 36 yrs. old!) and that I am currently without a car, I am anxiously awaiting this car. Yet I'm patient. At the same time, the practical side of me is starting to shout that the G35c is a better bargain (i.e. more options and better service/warranty).

So this is my dillemma: Sportscar or practicality. I wish that Nissan had not made the specs of the cars so close, because the way I look at it, if the engineer who spoke to Textile is telling the truth (see above), then one could really view the G35c as a sportscar to but with very luxirious features.

Sure, it may lose a little handling ability and speed due to weight differences, among other things, but the rarity of the vehicle in comparison to the Z and the Infinity name and service make resale better (probably).

Finally, the price! It's just so close! I know this has been discussed over and over, but if you were in my situation with a Z waiting to be delivered at MSRP (no VIN# yet), would you spring for a G35c that you could get for MSRP in 6weeks, or wait for the Z?

Thanks for your opinions.