Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just crashed my car :sad:

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 12:16 PM
coalrabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Just crashed my car :sad:

CN: Tried to swerve to avoid hitting a car, ended up owning myself. ****** flees from the screen. I'm down one Z.

I just crashed my car. Some retard going the opposite direction turned left right in front of me, about 30 or so feet before I got to the intersection. Since it was so close, I tried to swerve right to avoid him. I know I should've aimed for his ***, but since he was hesitating and already blocking the intersection, I went right. I also couldn't brake cuz he was so close. So anyway, I lost control, ran into a parking lot, and hit a parked car head on. The airbags deployed, knocked my glasses off, and covered everything with that nose-itching talc.

To make matters worse, said retard flees the scene. Plus, witnesses say I was driving 60 in the 40, which I wasn't. I was going 40 (I always do because of the amount of cops on that road), but I did speed up to try to avoid the accident. I hope the ECU has all that data recorded. And the parked car had someone inside. The cop I talked to said that she was ok and only had a bloody nose, which is a very good thing.

I have some pictures of my poor car. Anyone want to put it up at a hosting place for me? I have it on our home DSL website, but I don't want you guys to kill it.

I towed the car back to my place, and I've called insurance. I dunno what else to do now. Any advice? Know of any good places around Monrovia/Duarte, CA?

Damaged things include:

* 2 front rims
* 4 tires
* bumper beams
* radiator
* mostly everything in front of the engine (i think the engine itself is ok though)
* missing front plates
* 2 deployed airbags]
* scratched paint on the sides from going through bushes
* and lots of little things
Old 08-24-2004, 12:33 PM
bobowah

you could just take it to performance nissan.

but try to get it totalled
And get a new Z
Old 08-24-2004, 12:39 PM
Poison123
Google Bot

Wow, your pretty screwed. Its probably gonna go down as your fault, so the lady could sue you, your insurance rates will go up and it doesn't sound like enough damage for the company to total it.

Good luck, rule of thumb always hit the ****er, and make them buy you a new car.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:45 PM
coalrabbit

Yeah, in retrospect, I know I should've hit him, but when you're right there, you don't scheme like that... you just want to avoid the accident.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:53 PM
KIKILALA825

Smile GOOD THING YOU'RE NOT HURT!

I don't know if there is a good shop up there, but i had mine repair at "Haddick's auto body" down at City of Industry. It is the certified Nissan shop, so it's not a bad place to go. Plus they replace the parts that is damaged, not use the damaged parts, and try to make it new. I actually went to dat shop when they have the parts in, and see them put it in my car.

Well, you should get a Case (claim) number from your insurance provider, and just call the body shop to tow ur car to their yard. I'm sure u can choose the shop u want to take ur car for repair.

Try Haddicks at (626) 968-6430 look for Suzie or Danny.

Hope u didn't twist ur engine! good luck
Old 08-24-2004, 01:42 PM
MadMax76

Originally posted by coalrabbit
Yeah, in retrospect, I know I should've hit him, but when you're right there, you don't scheme like that... you just want to avoid the accident.
I second that. It's just a reflex. I had so many situations where I could've run into people who didn't see me coming or cutting me off on purpose. When it's playing out I do everything to avoid the accident and then my "evil" side tells me that I could've made this sucker pay for my new car. What sucks in your case is that you can't really do anything about that ***** that ran in front of you. Check the intersection where it happened for cameras. Sometimes there are intersection cameras or even ATM cameras. If you could get the video evidence you might be able to get that ***** and bring his *** to court.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:33 PM
Hazade

sucks man... hopefully you can get it totalled
it'd be better to get a new Z then a fixed one!
Old 08-24-2004, 04:39 PM
bigdaddy

make sure your insurance company asks the witnesses if they saw you get cut off by the other car. if they did, it will really help you out rather than having to hope the insurance company believes your "phantom car" story. as far as the ECU recording anything, you might get lucky if it threw up a fault code with a speed stamp. otherwise, you would have to have the insurance company's attorney's (or your's if it goes that way) subpoena a nissan engineer to come download stuff from the airbag computer. no one can do that but them. however, seeing as how there was no serious personal injury or death (thank god), best of luck getting them to do it.

i hope everything works out for the best. hopefully the guy who cut you off will get his in the end.

sean
Old 08-24-2004, 04:54 PM
coalrabbit

Thanks for the info guys. I don't think there's any way for it to be totalled

Here are some pics of the car:
http://img60.exs.cx/img60/3749/z19.jpg
http://img60.exs.cx/img60/8114/z20.jpg
http://img60.exs.cx/img60/4109/z21.jpg
http://img60.exs.cx/img60/1613/z22.jpg
http://img60.exs.cx/img60/2820/z23.jpg
http://img60.exs.cx/img60/5474/z24.jpg
http://img60.exs.cx/img60/1275/z25.jpg

A big problem is that no one really saw the accident -- all of the witnesses heard "something," looked over, and then saw the split second before it ended.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:31 PM
xxlbeerZ

Probably not totalled.

With that type of damage I would get rid of it after I fixed it. I have this thing that when you run up a curb and slam into something it probably makes some things "off" that can haunt you in the future.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:08 PM
marhot

Originally posted by xxlbeerZ
Probably not totalled.

With that type of damage I would get rid of it after I fixed it. I have this thing that when you run up a curb and slam into something it probably makes some things "off" that can haunt you in the future.
Agreed.

Even without seeing under the hood, definitely not totaled. If there is any front suspension damage, I’d definitely sell it. Be sure you get an alignment, sometimes the shop gets involved on the big things (body damage) and they forget the little things (an alignment).

Sorry man, good luck.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:53 AM
Silver04Z

I hate to say it but it will not be totalled. That looks the most 5,000. I had more damage done to my Z that caused about 11,000 in damages. Its being fixed in the moment. I have not had my Z for almost 2 months. Its torture! Good luck!
Old 08-25-2004, 09:43 AM
DrVolkl

Man, that sucks.

The car looks fine tho...it should fix up real nice.

Check out what I did to my maxima...

And the airbags didn't delpoy! (9k of damage..not totalled)
Attached Thumbnails Just crashed my car :sad:-pic1.jpg  
Old 08-25-2004, 10:03 AM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't look totalled... Reminds me of a friend who just (two months ago) ran her BMW 325ci over a curve (hard). Two rims broke (that hard).

Two months later and $11K, the car is mostly fixed. Front suspension, engine craddle... Of course this is all at dealer price, like $381 for a tire... It was 89hrs of labor (body+mech).

Anyway, this will be fixed. Probably the most expensive part is the darned air bags!
Old 08-25-2004, 10:35 AM
Montez

Definately not totalled.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:06 PM
DMeier1

Default Make sure to ask for Diminished Value

The insurance company is unlikely to total the vehicle unless the damage exceeds about 75% of the value of the vehicle (and even then it is their choice, not yours).

However, make sure that you ask about filing a "Diminished Value" claim - some states allow them, some don't. Basically, once the damage exceeds a certain % of the cars value (25% in NC), you have to disclose that it was in an accident, as a result, the value of your car (even repaired) is "diminished."

Insurance companies won't advertise the fact that you may have this claim, you need to ask them, and demand that they allow you to file it (though, again many states have outlawed DV claims - gotta love insurance lobbyists).

Plus, unless you made contact with the idiot who caused the accident, they get off scott free.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:29 PM
myblueheaven

Try calling Seidner's Collision Center in Duarte. They do work for Performance Nissan.

http://www.seidnerscc.com/

Had them do some minor body work on my 03 Base. They did a great job! Ask for Moises.

Sorry 'bout your mishap-- good luck with the insurance folks!
Old 08-25-2004, 03:41 PM
tractng

coalrabbit,

Sorry to hear your story. I had two accidents in the past where I have nightmares over a while.

First accident was the same as yours. By the way, I live in the Covina are, so I am close to you. Anyways, the guy making the left turn didn't see me coming. There was a tree in the middle (lanscaping). I T-bone him. His car was totaled. He claimed i ran a red light, but luckily I have a witness on the right corner.

Another accident was on 10 W. Short lady with camry change lane to go into the first lane (slow lane). I was entering the freeway. She cut in front of me. My initial thought was to go into the shoulder, but my car lost control and make an "S" from lane one to the fifth lane. I ended up hitting another head on (coming my way). I was lucky nobody hit me on the side.

Accidents are awful!!!

Tony
Old 08-25-2004, 08:25 PM
tmc930

"diminished value" claims are only applicable if the other person who was at fault is paying for the claim. since you don't have the identity of the other guy, you can't collect on the diminutive value clause of your contract, even if your state's DOI allows for the clause. sorry dood...
Old 08-25-2004, 09:54 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it should come out looking brand new

Quick Reply: Just crashed my car :sad: